NT = way too recessionary

Originally Posted by t0xicman

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Please talk to a professional or at least someone you know that is knowledgeable in economics/financials...You would be a new FOOL to listen to some dude on NT about what you should do with your money. NT "Economists" FTL!!!
qft
shots fired, and you both sound foolish. DYK, has mastered austrian economics. he's in college and already amassed seven figures. dude is+*++*#% rambo.

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

shots fired, and you both sound foolish. DYK, has mastered austrian economics. he's in college and already amassed seven figures. dude is +*++*#% rambo.

Nope.

from WSJ twitter update

The outlook for stocks has brightened but, thanks to the big rally of the past two months, the market is no longer a bargain.

By many measures, stocks are still on the cheaper side of the ledger. But they are approaching levels that bring them closer to long-term averages, makingthem neither a deal nor expensive.
As a result, valuation has shifted from being a talking point of the bulls to one used by those bearish on the near-termoutlook. And even many of those who think the market has hit bottom -- a rapidly growing group -- say valuations

keep showing NT the light fam
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Gold breaking out upward yesterday/today and miners soon to follow

S&P and Financial's breaking down yesterday/today

Nasdaq and Russell 2000 already broken down

Faz just jumped back in the channel from a partial decline and Oil is looking toppy....

Nice knowing you Rally
pimp.gif

I wonder if the PPT do this to keep T-bill yields in check.

Still wont be any inflation DKY sorry.
laugh.gif
trading good debt for bad isntgoing to cause it.

I really wish I knew more about this. as much as I love being a geologist, it doesn't pay the best.. one more thing to learn on a list miles long already..thanks for sharing though DKY

I'm going to take your word on this. You were wrong before, but everyone is wrong at some point in their investing career. Hell I've lost a lot aswell. That being said, the only reason I am considering your advice this time though is because I did a bit of my own research and *%@# in the Financial sectorwas not adding up. Your logic is sound and I will look further into what you have posted. Thanks for the tip off.

My circle of friends and I bought a lot of bank stocks when they were cheap, but It might be time to pull out of Vietnam. I'm going to wait and see, mayberun a few trend programs and when i see *%@# failing....I'm out.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

I'm going to take your word on this.

My circle of friends and I bought a lot of bank stocks when they were cheap, but I guess it's time to pull out of Vietnam.

Just look at the charts and they are selling equity that is never a good sign for their stocks. Not to mention they are being subsidized every way possible bythe US government. Does not mean they are going to 0 and that they will never go up but if you holding bank stocks and not trading them you are a damn fool.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Please talk to a professional or at least someone you know that is knowledgeable in economics/financials...You would be a new FOOL to listen to some dude on NT about what you should do with your money. NT "Economists" FTL!!!

Professional's know alot less then you think. Most of them are just talking their own book or pitching the company line. You dont realize how muchincentive "professionals" have to lie or be biased. Wont stop me from becoming a CFA but trusting "professional's" just because theyare professionals is just as foolish as trusting NT'ers. Its like trusting a car salesmen to give you the correct information about the car he is sellingyou. Do not kid yourself.

"switch to high exposure to gold by the fall."
that just means put more gold into your portfolio.

But anyway to me this looks like a top of some kind. If you dont take some profits in some of the stuff you have had during this rally then I feel for you.

I'm trying to figure whether I want to sell my position in OIL, I've made $400, but I feel like if a hurricane hits the gulf (which is likely), oil cango up to $75-$80 a barrel.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I'm trying to figure whether I want to sell my position in OIL, I've made $400, but I feel like if a hurricane hits the gulf (which is likely), oil can go up to $75-$80 a barrel.

Even if that does happen that is a poor investment strategy. Alot of people are speculating in oil because they are betting on inflation. I personally dontthink there will be any but I think DKY does. Its to risky for me.

^ I'm not betting on inflation, moreso on the fact that long term value is there. I seriously doubt oil will be trading at anything less than $100 in 2-3years, so at worst I'm doubling my money in 3 years. However, I also see the opportunity in the typical spike in oil prices during the summer, especiallywhen storms are raging in the gulf.

i don't know how anyone can be a deflationist long term. the FDIC insures $4.4 TRILLION worth of deposits. it is insolvent but it is getting its firstround of "bailout" already and you can expect that to continue. $4.4 TRILLION. That is $4.4T that cannot by law leave the monetary supply. theexistence of the FDIC itself (and the Fed's printing press + Treasury's spending keeping it capitalized) proves any long-term deflationist argumentwrong.

i brought this up during a junior analyst meeting at the fund i work for while i was in NYC two months ago and everyone, including the VPs present, wasdumbfounded.

Back
Top Bottom