NT, what are some things you wished you started doing earlier? Vol. Put me on

Saving and wisely investing money.

If I woulda took 15k outta the gs I had at 22 yrs old and did something smarter with it.....maaaan

:smh:

-Not me, but from talking to people in their late 30s at my office, take care of your teeth. You can't get back your enamel once it is loss and it will cost you a grip to deal with it.

-Wish I started saving for retirement earlier.

-Wish I took a serious in economics earlier so I could go for my PH.D.

-Learning to code earlier.

-Learning German for more job opportunities

-Golf. It is kinda like learning a language. Learn as a kid and you will be decent at it the rest of your life if you are somewhat active.

playing guitar
learning how to swim earlier
working (should have worked summers in high school)
credit

To the people saying travel, travel where? How would you do it differently? Why didn't you travel more before? Where would you go? How long?

Investing...always been good at stacking, but the money would just be sitting. Having a job in finance I was always shook id go broke seeing and hearing other stories.

I look at that bitcoin thread in disgust every time I see it :lol: it's treating me alright now, but if I woulda stopped being a ***** earlier I'd be looking lovely.

To the people saying travel, travel where? How would you do it differently? Why didn't you travel more before? Where would you go? How long?

Moreso jnstead of spending like $500 on some designer kicks, and doing the same **** in my city for a weekend....I could've just used that bread to go travel or something. I'm fortunate enough to have traveled a couple of places in my life.

But I wasted some of my early 20s not traveling....and spending bread on frivolous things instead of experiences.

Investing...always been good at stacking, but the money would just be sitting. Having a job in finance I was always shook id go broke seeing and hearing other stories.

I look at that bitcoin thread in disgust every time I see it :lol: it's treating me alright now, but if I woulda stopped being a ***** earlier I'd be looking lovely.

Dog....I legit get the

IMG_9277.GIF

Face every time I see that thread pop up :lol:. For some reason....I used to associate bitcoin with shady deep web and Silk Road ****.......and that always made me apprehensive :smh: :lol:

-Not me, but from talking to people in their late 30s at my office, take care of your teeth. You can't get back your enamel once it is loss and it will cost you a grip to deal with it.

-Wish I started saving for retirement earlier.

-Wish I took a serious in economics earlier so I could go for my PH.D.

-Learning to code earlier.

-Learning German for more job opportunities

-Golf. It is kinda like learning a language. Learn as a kid and you will be decent at it the rest of your life if you are somewhat active.

You got a masters, I'm surprised that you're having trouble getting into a PhD program. You're not missing out on much honestly. After finishing your Masters, there are just no more classes to be taken. A PhD program is just a chance to show a few other people that you can spend three to five years obsessing over some narrow and meaningless sub, sub niche of econ.

I've been out of the private sector for a while. It seems like most German business people speak English. Although German is great to know for its own sake, it has ways of expressing ideas that English cannot and it has a corpus of literature, although that can be said for pretty much every language.

For me, I'm going to invert the concept of the post and say what I regret stopping doing.

I wish that I never stopped playing sports and going out on weeknights. Too many of my friends and colleagues take #adulting way too seriously. Yeah sure, people in their late 20's/early 30's are not quite as indefatigable as traditional aged college students but damn, it won't kill you to have a beer on Tuesday night and to play an hour of basketball on a Thursday night.

It gets annoying how it becomes a contest on social media over how much of a shut in everyone is after work. If you got no kids and you're the same age an NBA all star, get your butt off the couch and out the door.

Took working serious.
Stocks.
Learned to fix cars.
Quit drinking.
Quit smoking cigarettes.
Spent more time with grandpops.
Traveled internationally.
Took health serious.
Left my ex :lol:

Back
Top Bottom