NT what did you have/whats for lunch today?

Originally Posted by webnerd06

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

Originally Posted by c1o27

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

For my Filipinos.. adobo.
Black people like adobo too
pimp.gif

.....she got me hooked on adobo
mexicans liek adobo tooooooh
pimp.gif

haha. anyways im probably about to get some of those triple layer nachos + big taste taco from taco bell. it fills me up for 3 bucks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Philippine adobo

Filipino chicken adobo

Main article: Adobo (Filipino cuisine)

In Filipino cuisine, adobo refers to a common and very popular cooking process indigenous to the Philippines.[sup][1][/sup]

When Spanish colonizers first took administration over the Philippines in the late 1500s and early 1600s, they encountered an indigenous cooking processwhich involved stewing with vinegar, which they then referred to as "adobo," which is the Spanish word for seasoning or marinade. Dishes prepared inthis manner eventually came to be known by this name, with the original term for the dish now lost to history.[sup][1][/sup]

Thus, the adobo dish and cooking process in Filipino cuisine and the general description "adobo" in Spanish cuisine share similar characteristics,but in fact refer to different things with different cultural roots. While Philippine adobo can be considered adobo - a marinated dish - in the Spanish sense,the Philippine usage is much more specific.

Typically, pork or chicken,or a combination of both, is slowly cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and black peppercorns, andoften browned in the oven or pan-fried afterward to get the desirable crisped edges. This dish originates from the northern region of the Philippines. It iscommonly packed for Filipino mountaineers and travelers. Its relatively longshelf-life is due to one of its primary ingredients, vinegar, which inhibits the growth ofbacteria.

The standard accompaniment to adobo is white rice.

Outside the home-cooked dish, the essence of adobo has been developed commercially and adapted to other foods. A number of successful local Philippine snackproducts usually mark their items "adobo-flavored." This assortment includes, but is not limited to nuts, chips, noodle soups, and corn crackers.

It's pretty good. You can make it with pork to, or a combination of both!

mini sirloin burger lrg combo from jack in the box...

----------------------

FOR SALE, PM ME
SIZE10
-USED NIKE AIR FORCE 1 MID WHITE
SIZE10.5
-USED NIKE AIR FORCE 1 HIGH
-USED NIKE COURT FORCE HIGH
-DS NIKE AIR TECH CHALLENGE 2
-VNDS OG NIKE AIR ULTRA FORCE MID

Originally Posted by BattsLM

350ox1v.jpg

Raising Canes......

Minus the cole slaw though... That dipping sauce is CRACK!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I was in Lousiana last year and for that whole week I ate at that place for a whole week. I was killing that Canine for lunch and dinner. Where youlocated I need to find one by Cali or VA while I'm at school.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^post your recipe. I tried to make it once. It wasn't a good experience.

didn't feel like starting a new thread. it's too hot today, my cali heads know what's up. what you grubbin on NT?

It's damn hot. I went to Sonic's. Got 2 jr deluxe burgers fries and and watermelon slush. it was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

^^post your recipe. I tried to make it once. It wasn't a good experience.
my bad for not checking back in...

honestly, its not very hard

get a nice onion, slice it like onion rings (the more the better the flavor IMO)

cook the liver on medium/low and wait till the bottom gets brown..dont put the onions yet

flip it, and THEN put the onions ON TOP, cover the pan and keep it at either medium to low, or low, depending how brown you want the onions to be

should take about 10-20 mins depending how slow you want to cook it..i like my onions to have a nice brown color to them

hope this helped!

today i had some eggs with cactus
nopales
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom