NT, what is your passion? Are you doing your passion or on your way to doing it?

Originally Posted by shoesclues

I love computers. Everything about them. Repairing, programming, shopping haha. I took half the A+ and am dying for a computer related job. If anyone in Miami Jersey has something let me know lol. I'm majoring in computer engineering. My dream job is working for a Cell Phone manufacturer designing and building them. I'm just not the best at math but trying to get over it. Thanks.
Same here. I think I finally found my niche. I'm taking part of the A+ test in a few hours.
pimp.gif

I want to model, I've done some small events like fashion shows and runways but I want to be able to do it for a living where I'm flying from New York to Paris every weekend....

This is a toughie, and I think it's good that I'm realizing it now. I always wanted to set myself up for success and do whatever it takes to get there, I figured I would do 20 years in the Military and just get a good paying job when I got out, hectic life style, but always taken care of. I've realized that my true passions are basketball and music. When I get out , I'm going to go to school for music, (music theory and electronic media/recording stuff so I can learn more about making my own beats, and would have the opportunity to play ball at the college level.) Being 5'9 and white I realize that my chances are slim, but what about Mugsy? what about Spud? what about Nate? I used to play all day everyday in high shcool, and I was pretty good, just never ended up in college. I don't want to go through live everyday with what-if's. So i've decided to go for it. "Even when I'm old and grey, I won't be able to play , but I'll always have love for the game".

Fasttrack, I play in college, but nowhere big, and don't go anywhere, I have always bought/sold/traded clothes and shoes, so I figured with the economy the way it is, I would just open my own thrift store, and boutique. With so many options are there to get new products, Thrift stores, ebay, donations, my closet, it wouldn't be hard to get a decent inventory and make some profit.

When my store gets up and moving and I'm making decent cashflow, I'll take some education courses and be a high school teacher, and coach basketball.

In the mean time, just need to keep up with the day-to-day military life , taking online courses for that business management degree.

I'd rather take a random part time job to have just enough money for me to pursue my dreams (music,basketball,planning for my store)

CLIFFS:
Playing basketball
Learning and making my own music
Owning my own thrift store
Being a basketball coach
old,grey and happy

My passions are Psychology and Japanese language (pretty random, right? 
laugh.gif
)
I'm double majoring right now because of those two things, but I am thinking about dropping one of those two to a minor to have less of a work load to worry about. Anyway, I'm planning on becoming a teacher later on down the road, ideally teaching English in japan. We'll see where life takes me.
pimp.gif

I never really had any dream as a young kid.
Astronaut for a while in kinder but thats about it.

I always envisioned myself as the man I wanted to be.

I'm a surgical tech
eyes.gif
While I love my job, I'd much rather go to culinary school. Problem is I can't afford it nor do I have the time, being that I'm in & out of surgeries from 7am to sometimes after 8pm. Feels bad, man
frown.gif

This is a question I'm asking myself right now. Very broadly, the passions I have are both very physically oriented: enjoying/creating good food, teaching people how to improve their lives, and exercise. To me, a passion is something that I could not happily do without. What I struggle with is that these are first world passions and things that not everyone cares about or prioritizes as highly as I do.

I'm still considering how I want to parlay those broad passions into something tangible and possibly career/business oriented in a more narrow and defined niche.

i want to design clothes, no streetwear or anything like that but more high end clothing..
button ups, high quality denim things like that. I want to travel the world looking for the best fabrics to apply to my concepts
after high school my intention was to attend the art institute but my pops wasnt feeling that idea. Im stuck at CC now and it sucks
im honestly not motivated by the classes im taking. majoring in business looking to tranfer out to university soon. I just dont want to end up doing something i hate

i want to take a design course and see how good i am at it.. If anyone could shed some light on me as to the steps or courses i should look at get at me!

Originally Posted by CHiCHiLOVES5s

I'm a surgical tech
eyes.gif
While I love my job, I'd much rather go to culinary school. Problem is I can't afford it nor do I have the time, being that I'm in & out of surgeries from 7am to sometimes after 8pm. Feels bad, man
frown.gif
if you do go do not go to cordon bleu or art institute.  they are a joke and are actually being sued right now by a bunch of their graduates.  they teach you way less and charge you damn near the same price as CIA.  i'm going to a community college that actually has a much more respected program.  we're accredited by the american culinary federation.  anyways, if you can find the time you can go to a good school for not that much money.  if i paid out of pocket and didn't fill out a fafsa i think the program would be around 10k.

Baseball is my passion. I played since 5 and somewhere around middle school i just stopped playing.
Then I got really lazy and by the time i tried to pick it up again, it was too late to go anywhere with it.

I still wanna be around it a lot, i coach here and there.

Painting is my passion, I will be an artist, no question. Decided not to go to fine art university for a BA.

I'm also very interested in business, so I'll probably be attending a university in business, but I might do my MA in the fine arts field. Wait and see, but I paint pretty much every or every other day,.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by CHiCHiLOVES5s

I'm a surgical tech
eyes.gif
frown.gif
if you do go do not go to cordon bleu or art institute.  they are a joke and are actually being sued right now by a bunch of their graduates.  they teach you way less and charge you damn near the same price as CIA.  i'm going to a community college that actually has a much more respected program.  we're accredited by the american culinary federation.  anyways, if you can find the time you can go to a good school for not that much money.  if i paid out of pocket and didn't fill out a fafsa i think the program would be around 10k.

eek.gif
at only 10k. Art Institute basically wanted me to buy them a brand new E class.

i'm saying i heard it was 50+ thousand, i lol'd.  no one takes them serious in the industry.  i know one guy who has gone there out of the 100 chefs i've worked with.
laugh.gif
community college is the way to go.  

Back
Top Bottom