NT whats the general consensus on Vol 1. In My Lifetime?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

mossman75 wrote:
Dope Songs

Intro/A Million And One Questions
Friend or Foe
Rap Game/Crack Game
Where Im From

Decent Songs

Imaginary Player
Face Off
Real N___
Streets Is Watching

Wack Songs

The City Is mine
I Know What Girls Like
Lucky Me
Sunshine

7d215d4877835bab1d12e766be6a4d761db9fbb.gif

I knew I would wake up this am come back to this post and see somebody say some abhorrent %$%% ...
smh.gif

It is what is dude plain and simple them songs are wack to me, if you like em' cool just keep it moving

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this album was slept on when it dropped, you know why? cuz........

sold 5 million and know one cared about jay-z yet.

and thats just KEEPIN IT REAL

True.

Ns sayin' platinum this and platinum that, but I don't see no platinum plaques...

He was respected lyrically, but he had no stardom at all - matter of fact - this was the time when he was openin' up for Puff & Mase on the "Puff Daddy & The Family Tour"...

Yup... Went to that concert it was him, Usher, and Busta... He was on stage with a bullet proof vest over the white tee, I was 14 thinkin "Aint nobody tryna shoot you dude"
laugh.gif

Hell yeah he had that vest on, but I'm sayin - he couldn't put it away and say he'd wear it tomorrow, cuz the day after Puffy woulda been like,"Damn - I was just wit 'em yesterday."
laugh.gif

Hell yeah he had that vest on, but I'm sayin - he couldn't put it away and say he'd wear it tomorrow, cuz the day after Puffy woulda been like, "Damn - I was just wit 'em yesterday."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

True.

Ns sayin' platinum this and platinum that, but I don't see no platinum plaques...

He was respected lyrically, but he had no stardom at all - matter of fact - this was the time when he was openin' up for Puff & Mase on the "Puff Daddy & The Family Tour"...

Yup... Went to that concert it was him, Usher, and Busta... He was on stage with a bullet proof vest over the white tee, I was 14 thinkin "Aint nobody tryna shoot you dude"
laugh.gif

Hell yeah he had that vest on, but I'm sayin - he couldn't put it away and say he'd wear it tomorrow, cuz the day after Puffy woulda been like, "Damn - I was just wit 'em yesterday."
laugh.gif

Damn, how did I fail to see that logic...

disappointed.jpg

Well Played Mr. Cage... VERY WELL
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
PLAYED

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

107s5rb.png

ayo, real talk, I like "I Know What Girls Like" so !!%$ it

vol. 1 is dope tho. I would bump that before dynasty, black album, blueprint 2 & vol. 3 easy.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

107s5rb.png
roll.gif

classic to me because i took plenty of road trips to this album. granted it does has its bad songs, it had a nice amount of good songs.

True.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Damn, how did I fail to see that logic...

disappointed.jpg

Well Played Mr. Cage... VERY WELL
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
PLAYED

roll.gif

damn great execution. GREAT

jay thought he could become biggie after his death with those corny commercial tracks with blackstreet and puffy

about half of the album is filler, like most jay-z albums, and the other half is classic jay-z material

if he would've stayed in the vein of where i'm from and a million and one for the entire album, he wouldve had a classic on his hands

v1-3 are all packed with commercial cornball tracks that are almost unlistenable in 2009

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

jay thought he could become biggie after his death with those corny commercial tracks with blackstreet and puffy

about half of the album is filler, like most jay-z albums

v1-3 are all packed with commercial cornball tracks that are almost unlistenable in 2009
qft

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

about half of the album is filler, like most jay-z albums, and the other half is classic jay-z material

if he would've stayed in the vein of where i'm from and a million and one for the entire album, he wouldve had a classic on his hands

Fixed.
And also quoted for truth

about half of the album is filler, like most jay-z albums
SHOW ME WHERE HALF OF THE ALBUM IS FILLER!
smh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Not even going to address the second half of that statement.

[table][tr][th=""]#[/th] [th=""]Title[/th] [th=""]Producer(s)[/th] [th=""]Featured Guest(s)[/th] [th=""]Time[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]"Intro: A Million and One Questions/Rhyme No More"[/td] [td]DJ Premier[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3:21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]"The City Is Mine"[/td] [td]Teddy Riley & Chad Hugo[/td] [td]Blackstreet[/td] [td]4:02[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]"I Know What Girls Like"[/td] [td]Sean "Puffy" Combs, Ron "Amen-Ra" Lawrence for The Hitmen[/td] [td]Lil' Kim & Sean "Puffy" Combs[/td] [td]4:50[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]"Imaginary Player"[/td] [td]Daven "Prestige" Vanderpool for The Hitmen[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3:57[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]"Streets Is Watching"[/td] [td]Ski[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3:58[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]"Friend or Foe '98"[/td] [td]DJ Premier[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2:09[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]"Lucky Me"[/td] [td]Steven "Stevie J" Jordan for The Hitmen, Buckwild[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:59[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]"(Always Be My) Sunshine"[/td] [td]Daven "Prestige" Vanderpool for The Hitmen[/td] [td]Foxy Brown& Babyface[/td] [td]4:43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]"Who You Wit II"[/td] [td]Ski[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:29[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]"Face Off"[/td] [td]Poke and Tone[/td] [td]Sauce Money[/td] [td]3:31[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]"Real #+@**#"[/td] [td]Anthony Dent[/td] [td]Too Short[/td] [td]5:07[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]"Rap Game/Crack Game"[/td] [td]Big Jaz[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2:40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]"Where I'm From"[/td] [td]Deric "D-Dot" Angelettie, Ron "Amen-Ra" Lawrence for The Hitmen[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4:26[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]"You Must Love Me"[/td] [td]Nashiem Myrick for The Hitmen[/td] [td]Kelly Price[/td] [td]5:47[/td] [/tr][/table]
54a360d84a0d6f7eb1f444b15871e8ad9a36b551.gif

Back
Top Bottom