NT who is your favorite PBA import

Billy Ray Bates...

Dude was a Freak of Nature in his time...

Nicknamed "DUNK" in the States & the Black Superman in the PI, he averaged 25 & 28 ppg in the NBA ( 1980 & 1981 playoffs ) and was one ofthe first endorser of our beloved SWOOSH.

My Pops had betamax-recorded games when he played for the Redmanizers back in the day and the dude was simply amazing.

He was still in his prime when he played for Crispa & Ginebra ( 83 & 86 season ).

Before i had Jays on my feet, i rocked the Glowing Yellow Grosby "Black Superman" Shoes ( & Mighty Kid of course
wink.gif
... )

Been searching for a pair for the longest...if only they could Retro it...

Definitely the Greatest Import that ever played in the PBA...

hmmm...there's too many to mention for me, mostly purefoods imports though like thirdkill and dexter shouse although shouse left the team during thefinals, i also liked ken redfield when he was with pf, as far as least fave import, i'd have to say sean chambers!!!
roll.gif

also gotta give props to bobby parks and norman black

CHRIS PORTER of Barangay Ginebra!I used to cut classes during my college years in the late 90's to watch his college game LIVE and highlights on ESPNSportscenter...i love his offensive rebounding tenacity ala Sir Charles.
f_untitledm_382b956.png

f_282636m_58e8acc.jpg

f_image142575m_0961224.jpg

Here's my take, list taken from the link: http://basketball.exchange.ph/index.php/2008/04/30/all-import-list/http://basketball.exchang...08/04/30/all-import-list/

Best for me is Henry James.

Rob Williams
(Tanduay). Could from anywhere on the floor even with his eyes closed. Once set the record of 13 three-pointers in a game beforeSlaughter and Allan Caidic came.

Michael Young (Manila Beer). Has the best shooting stroke among PBA imports at 6'5" and up.

Jumpin' Joe Ward (Anejo). This guy can score from anywhere and had games where he was almost unstoppable. Import partner Tommy Daviesis equally explosive.

Henry James (Ginebra). A very effective shooter from 18-feet and in and loves to shoot when the game is on the line. Played hero in mostGinebra victories.

Sylvester Gray (Anejo, Alaska)

Wes Matthews (Ginebra). "Wild wild Wes" exemplified showmanship like his NBA team LA Lakers.

Dexter Shouse (Shell, Purefoods). Rocked the rim so hard the PBA had to install rim shacks to prevent them from falling down.

Winston "Human Eraser" Crite (Alaska, Presto)

alaska fan hehe so sean chambers and a guy named devin davis if you guys could recall, double double monster, im not that sure of his point avg but im prettysure he avged 20+ rebs a game. the guy was sporting jamaican locks hehe

Lenny Cook!! before he got injured.. Dude had one good game against Lebron in Highschool.. What a waste though should have been Nba material

Bobby Parks of Shell, Norman Black of San Miguel, Billy Ray Bates of Crispa and Ginebra, Tony Harris of Swift and Sean Chambers of Alaska

lamont & terq mott are two of my faves but my absolute favorite was silas mills of mobiline.caught him in the airport once.mentioned i was a fan and dudegave me a pound.gotta love a player who's not above giving a fan a dap.

andrew fields, cyrus mann, bruce "sky" king... i remember when my dad used to bring me to araneta to watch them play, i even remember one time meplaying a video game face to face with Francois Wise at fiesta carnival....i dont think some of you young people even know who they are....damn im old
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom