NT who is your favorite PBA import

lamont strothers was definitely one of the best. he's also nba material, if i recall correctly he was the 1st division 3 player to be ever drafted in thenba.

i also liked how kenny redfield played. i still remember his running 3 point buzzer beater for the win. (while playing for shell i think)

anyone else remember seeing ronnie fields play for tanduay?dude played with KG back in high school.

we've been blessed with some awesome imports over the years.legit dudes at that. lenny cook,ansu sesay,etc..we've also been treated to has-been hackslike cedric cebalos and darvin ham.i can still vividly remember ranidel de ocampo serving darvin with a massive jam.get some ham!

reading this thread and seeing the names john best,kenny redfield,and those other 90's imports brought back memories of another import i took a liking toback then.let's see if you guys remember this guy.LESTER "THE MOLESTER" NEAL.dude was yoked,larry johnson look alike but was only about6"3.he didn't play all that well but having that nickname endeared him to me for life.

lester neal played for sunkist right?

also scott burrell and dickey simpkins.

^correct.back when sunkist was a powerhouse bolstered by MVP vergel meneses,keneth duremdes,etc..i remember thinking at the time i heard about neal -how do youplay against a guy nicknamed the molester?i believe he was eventually sent home though.

oh yeah,totally forgot about burrell and simpkins who when he played for the bulls never got a dunk attempt he didn't blow.

^I remember Lester Neal, before he played his first PBA game Mr. Quinito Henson wrote an article about him that he's also known as a rim and backboardsmasher....

HENRY JAMES
devil.gif

larry robinson of smb played for the knicks and was a regular on the hawks rotation way back, naaalala ko lang kasi i used to see him sa gutson ortigas afterpba games kasama ng seigle brothers

Anyone remember Lenny Cooke? Dude was often compared to LeBron back in their HS days..
A couple of injuries and some other things landed him on the PBA.. He could've played in the NBA..
I forgot the whole story.. He was featured in an old issue of SLAM... Sayang.

can't help thinking what might have been had lenny stayed in school instead of going pro.he could have gotten a scholarship anywhere.there is a thin linebetween can't miss nba prospect and overseas lifer.sad to say all lenny has become is a cautionary tale for other young players trying to make it to the L.

Originally Posted by ggotrice

Anyone remember Lenny Cooke? Dude was often compared to LeBron back in their HS days..
A couple of injuries and some other things landed him on the PBA.. He could've played in the NBA..
I forgot the whole story.. He was featured in an old issue of SLAM... Sayang.

The New York Street Ball legend. Played for Purefoods but got a career ending injury here during the tournament.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Tony Harris
...had the best dunks ever by an import in the PBA and most of them were in-game dunks.

Oh yes! Dude would bounce the ball to himself, throw it off the glass from the 3 point line... He even shot FT's from top of the key!
laugh.gif

derrick brown and owens of sta. lucia .. unorthodox style of shooting(OWENS) but he once made REaltors champs

how about sonny alvarado of tanduay, al segova of pf and rob parker of sta lucia?
roll.gif
fil-ams nga pala sila!
laugh.gif

Terquin Mott.

I'm a die hard SMB fan dreaming of the MVP Danny I., ROY Dynamite Danny S. and Olsen running the show.

Back
Top Bottom