Nt'ers: Close friends of the opposite gender?

Yes, I have a couple of close female friends. My girl knew about them before we got together. She doesn't always like it, but she understands they alwaysbeen there for me.

my closest friend of the opposite gender became my gf. her closest guy friends are my close guy friends. so it all works well, none of that jealousy or behindthe back crap.

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

my closest friend of the opposite gender became my gf. her closest guy friends are my close guy friends. so it all works well, none of that jealousy or behind the back crap.
Yep pretty much my situation

I have a couple.

My newest ex hated it even when they would text me and/or facebook me.

The chick went as far as to fill up my facebook wall with posts until another girl's post was out of the window.

smh.gif

It depends. If you've in a serious mature relationship and you've been friends with the other girl for a long time your significant other shouldrespect that. But at the same time your friend should also understand you're in a relationship, and there will be boundaries in place so you don'tdisrespect your girlfriend. Once you're in a relationship, the friendship you had with the other girl won't be the same. There are things you mighthave done with your friend in the past that you won't be able to do once you have a girlfriend.

I don't believe in it. Like I've said before, you like that person for a reason, now if it's a lil brother big sis relationship or something ofthat nature then sure. But just a normal platonic relationship; I've seen it fail so many times. A perfect situations turns that like into lust orsomething more. Say what you want but my personal experience has yet to prove me wrong. If dude would have sex with the girl, then that nulls the wholerelationship because I wouldn't have sex with someone I consider a friend, but it doesn't matter if your not in a relationship.

my best friend of 11 years is a female. We've "done things"
devil.gif
, but it doesnt stop us from being friends. She wants to get together..feelingsare there, but we just havent tied that knit yet.
It's a strange relationship, but it works out in the end. I wouldnt give her up for the world.
other girls ive dated are understand the relationship she and I have with each other. It's usually her who's the jealous one
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

yea i got a friend like that. shes like a sister, shes there for me whenever I need someone to talk to

Originally Posted by That Guy

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

my closest friend of the opposite gender became my gf. her closest guy friends are my close guy friends. so it all works well, none of that jealousy or behind the back crap.
Yep pretty much my situation
You lucky dood,
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
good stuff though. My closest friend here is actually female. I had a lot of close femalefriends back at home too. They're great to talk to and chill.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

I don't believe in it. Like I've said before, you like that person for a reason, now if it's a lil brother big sis relationship or something of that nature then sure. But just a normal platonic relationship; I've seen it fail so many times. A perfect situations turns that like into lust or something more. Say what you want but my personal experience has yet to prove me wrong. If dude would have sex with the girl, then that nulls the whole relationship because I wouldn't have sex with someone I consider a friend, but it doesn't matter if your not in a relationship.
QFMFE

CLose friends ftw, when they wanna %#++ and they're mad at their bf or they don't have one , ur the first one they call.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Definitely, I have quite a few females who I call family.

yeah i got a few of em too

i'll be honest though... when i had a girl, she HATED how many female friends i had. Like, prob 3 or 4 close ones that i'd kick it iwth. No sex ornone of that. ANd my gf just hated it.

Important lesson to learn: If you're gf can't handle it, get out before its too late. You'll lose a couple friends if you don't.

I can name a few close friends of the opposite gender. I've known 2 of them since 1st grade and we're pretty much always there for each other when weneed it. Females are good support, typically more empathetic than your homies especially at times when you don't need someone just tellin' you to"man up" or none of that.

Back
Top Bottom