Nters in the military check in..

Joining soon, graduating college in june then off to the air force. just getting in shape now.

I think the hardest thing for me is if I get deployed...do you have to go if you don't wan to?

Originally Posted by af1pops12

I think the hardest thing for me is if I get deployed...do you have to go if you don't wan to?
Yeah, but we call that going UA
laugh.gif

Also Marine Corps
pimp.gif
reservist checkin in

Lol Yeah In Kuwait were not on the front lines, but I'm signal anyway so its not really geared toward us being tactical, but your still separated from your fam. And we do missions all over theater.

Originally Posted by ADDICTION

Lol Yeah In Kuwait were not on the front lines, but I'm signal anyway so its not really geared toward us being tactical, but your still separated from your fam. And we do missions all over theater.

yea man, it doesn't matter if you in the %%@% or not, being apart from your family for a extended period of time is tough no matter where you are or what your doing. And just because your not stationed at a outpost doesn't mean your not contributing. Because if it wasn't for that guy sitting in Kuwait, either sorting mail or packing convoy's, you wouldn't have %%@% to eat or any toilet paper to wipe your *$# with.

I was considering it, but I couldn't enlist full-time since I have a kid. I was really stressing when they informed me of that rule. Luckily, I got into my first choice in terms of universities a week later.

Originally Posted by Mac4167

Originally Posted by ADDICTION

yea man, it doesn't matter if you in the %%@% or not, being apart from your family for a extended period of time is tough no matter where you are or what your doing. And just because your not stationed at a outpost doesn't mean your not contributing. Because if it wasn't for that guy sitting in Kuwait, either sorting mail or packing convoy's, you wouldn't have %%@% to eat or any toilet paper to wipe your *$# with.
really...that's funny because signal doesn't have $&%& to do with what my cop gets out here....and toilet paper? we don't have that on the regular...i'm just sayin it's not really a deployment when you "get off work" and walk down to subway,mcdonalds,kfc...etc.....but i mean not everyone can be infantry...kudos to you bro....you're still part of the team

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

^^dont be mad at other ppls choice of jobs...im just saying

It's all good man, dont worry, you will experience that alot if you join up. everybody thinks there job is better than anyone else's when in all actuality, it dont matter if your passing out towels at the gym, flipping omelets or living in a ditch, you make the same amount of money across the board, regardless of branch.  Thats why its really important that you chose the job you would be happy with and not what the recruiter tries to influence you in to. Alot of people see all these cool videos of what they would be doing but dont really know what there getting themselves into until its to late and your stuck.

^^im actually a vet, did 6yrs in the af, was a intel analyst, loved my job, loved what i did. i said that cuz theres ppl (mainly int he army) who constantly cry about this and that, about deploying here and there, i deployed with the army (82nd airborne) and did everything the army did in the non sense making way they did it, i was tasked n did it. i didnt cry about it ot complain to ppl i knew that were on the same base living in the af village, everyone is responsible for their actions, thats why everytime a thread like this comes around i kinda give my 2 cents and sit back to see what everyone has to say.

UNITEDSTATESMAHFUGGINAIRFORCE CHECKING IN

back in 2002 our motto was.............

KILL PEOPLE & BREAK STUFF!!!!!!!!

^^im actually a vet, did 6yrs in the af, was a intel analyst, loved my job, loved what i did. i said that cuz theres ppl (mainly int he army) who constantly cry about this and that, about deploying here and there, i deployed with the army (82nd airborne) and did everything the army did in the non sense making way they did it, i was tasked n did it. i didnt cry about it ot complain to ppl i knew that were on the same base living in the af village, everyone is responsible for their actions, thats why everytime a thread like this comes around i kinda give my 2 cents and sit back to see what everyone has to say.

oh ok my bad, but i know what your saying, i was deployed twice with the army (116th MP BGD and 1/12 Cav) and i swear if i had a dollar for every time a Army guy came up to me telling me how bad he wished he'd join the AF instead i'd be freaking rich. It's funny because whenever there is a non-AF group of soldiers sitting around in the chow-hall, there all clowning the AF and talking all this @+%+ but when you talk to one apart from everyone else, there complaining and telling me how bad the Army is and how he'd wish he joined the AF. its all good though, its just a pride thing. oh and im not hating, my father is a SGM in the Army right now, i just appreciate him taking me around Ft. Benning and other army bases and pretty much showing me what i would be getting myself in to and for that im thankful for the AF

checking in United States Army 11Bravo, been in the Army 2 years, deployed OIF Oct08-Oct09. going back in Nov this year.

Originally Posted by Mac4167

oh ok my bad, but i know what your saying, i was deployed twice with the army (116th MP BGD and 1/12 Cav) and i swear if i had a dollar for every time a Army guy came up to me telling me how bad he wished he'd join the AF instead i'd be freaking rich. It's funny because whenever there is a non-AF group of soldiers sitting around in the chow-hall, there all clowning the AF and talking all this @+%+ but when you talk to one apart from everyone else, there complaining and telling me how bad the Army is and how he'd wish he joined the AF. its all good though, its just a pride thing. oh and im not hating, my father is a SGM in the Army right now, i just appreciate him taking me around Ft. Benning and other army bases and pretty much showing me what i would be getting myself in to and for that im thankful for the AF
yup,  pretty much the same thing im talking about.

Originally Posted by mpdaking

any of u guys have family like wife and kids?

yeah bro got a wife and a 7 month old son...he was born during this deployment...only seen him 2 weeks so far...looking forward to getting back home to him...

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

Originally Posted by mpdaking

any of u guys have family like wife and kids?

yeah bro got a wife and a 7 month old son...he was born during this deployment...only seen him 2 weeks so far...looking forward to getting back home to him...
Damn bro, i know that has to be tough, i couldnt imagine if i was to have a child on the way or a newborn to leave behind and ship out. i know alot of people that were in that situation i know it has to be hard, but props for staying strong 

Yeah I know the feeling. I've been in the Army for about two years. My son was born 3 months before I joined the military so with basic, AIT and Kuwait being my first duty station I haven't spent longer than 2 weeks with my wife and son since I've been in. I leave here in two months so I'm really looking forward to being around my fam again and the chance to be a better father.

i asked because i have a child on the way and im thinking of joining the military but i wanted to know if u have to be married to take your child and his/her mother with you once you get stationed

Back
Top Bottom