NTers who joined from 1999 to 2002....come in here real quick.

Beginning of the end was when the dmps released. I went to the mall with my aunt at 10. Gone

I was cool with the guy who worked at the store (it was a sneaker store in jamaica colosseum mall). Son told me they sold out in 15 mins. Grapes? Same thing. What the dunks? Same thing.

My boy actually skipped his final to wait in line for them joints. I mean thats my boy and everything but ****. It doesn't even matter that it was high school

Oh yeah. Anyone remember that site air-jordans.com?

I used to go there a lot back in the day cause they had dam near every single pic of every single jordan in all the colorways. The boxes they came in, and all the serial numbers.

Release dates of all the shoes as well

Oh yeah. Anyone remember that site air-jordans.com?

I used to go there a lot back in the day cause they had dam near every single pic of every single jordan in all the colorways. The boxes they came in, and all the serial numbers.

Release dates of all the shoes as well

Air-Jordans.com and PATs site filled my head with all kinds of virtually useless colorway information I still retain to this day :lol:

What ever happened to PAT?... last I remember he sold his collection to fund his skydiving hobby :nerd:

Last edited:
Yup. air-jordans.com help you get your eye trained to spot fakes. I studied that site and various shoes in preparation of finding something that wasn't released. I once spotted 11 errors on a shoe. 

Air-Jordans.com was the best thing ever back when I was 16 (13 years ago).
Dutch royal t website....if anyone remember him...he had a link to niketalk and the rest was history.

I also was a transplant from Nikepark. I was just looking at pictures at the time. I got my first real Jordans with the 15s in the 9th grade. Mom finally caved in and got me real Jordans, and not Jumpmans as long as I was getting good grades. I lurked NT for a while before signing up. The vibe back then was way different. The members were generally older, where as now there's a lot of kids here trying to get some "LOLZ". The members were very helpful and always looked out for one another. The term 'heat' has killed the subculture and Nike has taken full advantage by releasing limited garbage and kids eat it up. I still buy the retros I like, most are in the OG colorways, but I dare not pay those atrocious prices resellers ask. It's not that serious to me, especially since I can wear sneakers 3 times a week max anyway.

The members who worked at Champs, Footlocker, etc. used to look out for the locals too when they had the F&F sale. I'm not sure if this type of moral boosting activities still exist on the board.

It is interesting because I saw the whole 'hypebeast' thing formed from the start. I remember the Nike Dunk SBs. No one wanted them at first. There were skater NTers who copped them to skate in and trashed them because they were so cheap when on sale. All of a sudden, the values skyrocketed and dudes were going nuts. Dudes would arrive at local skateboard shops on delivery dates trying to see what stuff came out that they can flip :lol: When I saw Supreme Dunks and the likes selling for around $1k, I thought that had to be the climax. I never thought there would be a day Nikes would go for several grands, like they do now.

I agree that a lot of the colorways that drop now would've been variants back 10 years ago...Cav 4s, and the 'reverse Concord' 11 lows come to mind. I also remember that 'lining up' meant going to the store 15-20 mins before it opened to ensure you get yours. And this was only for the retro 11s that were $125 and if your boy is an employee, that's 30% off. Everything else pretty much made it to a sale. I copped those black/royal AJ1 for something like $50 because they sat so long. I guess they released again recently as a quickstrike and price is now more than double :lol:

Back then, dudes just go after the shoes they wanted. It may be the AJ 4 or some old school Barkleys they have to hunt on eBay. I still remember the homie shawno AKA 'Damn its me" picking me up to go get kicks when I couldn't drive. Also met a gang of cool cats at the various LA summits. I wish I had more pictures, but I believe this was the 2nd one. I know it was around 2001 because I was wearing the black/red 11s :lol: I too refuse to call them 'bred' or any of the asinine nicknames the kids use now. The first submit I attended was at Balboa Park. Cats actually balled for a while :lol: :pimp:

View media item 592224View media item 592225

OMG I am in these pics! Wowwww. That was a cool summit. The good old days..........

2. Shynop was the funniest dude I've almost ever seen online. A true legend.

the F shynop was a lame who was polluting the board at the time...cats didnt feeds trolls back then.

He was an unrealized genius. Each trolling was carefully planned and executed to perfection. Then he took his game to H-T and hit a whole different level.

american society itself has changed a lot. From little girls "twerking" for "likes" from 30 year old men, to mainstream music being as raunchy and terrible as it is. It's just moving too fast for me.

Side topic, but SERIOUSLY is anyone else weirded out by Instagram? Some of these ratchet/"model" accounts are just ridiculous. Girls hoing for 1000's of likes. :x

I guess I'm an og but I'm not one of those guys that shuns the new school, minus those ridiculous cut off skinny jean shorts and dudes rocking skirts and leggings. I think it's great that kids have more options as far as style. when I was coming up the thugged out look was the only thing really acceptable and it birthed tons of posers who weren't bout that life. if I wasn't an avid hooper I probably wouldn't care so much about sneakers but ever since the first hyperfuse the technology comfort and design of hoop shoes has kept me hooked

oh and this ratchet behavior is nothing new. my first real house party was in 6th grade when I heard suga free talking about I'd rather give you my ***** and all the twerking and grinding that went along with it. it's just mainstream now

I guess I'm an og but I'm not one of those guys that shuns the new school, minus those ridiculous cut off skinny jean shorts and dudes rocking skirts and leggings. I think it's great that kids have more options as far as style. when I was coming up the thugged out look was the only thing really acceptable and it birthed tons of posers who weren't bout that life. if I wasn't an avid hooper I probably wouldn't care so much about sneakers but ever since the first hyperfuse the technology comfort and design of hoop shoes has kept me hooked

pretty much this, i think it is easy to dismiss younger folk and forget how fickle, self-conscious, & self-important we were as teens but if the options that are available today were available in those days i think folk then would have been just as hype (i mean remember all the fakes that folk were sporting & all the websites openly selling fakes? which is why it made sense to foresee jordan/nike move in the direction of releasing more non-og colors, it was money they were essentially leaving on the table for the sellers of fakes)

it is true that sneakers & sneaker culture are much more mainstream, but again that's probably due more to the fact that people that grew up wearing sneakers are now the influencers, i mean sneakers are much more acceptable as casual even formal wear & footwear companies are taking advantage ot this---to the point of oversaturation...but hopefully things will get to a balance point eventually

Joined in 02 and Im 23. do the math lol.

I got to see people in my age group gradually get into it and eventually watch 99% have no clue and look like brand ******.

I go to U of Cincinnati and its nothin but retro Jordans... every f'n day

The great thing though is watching my line, the Kobes, grow and have shoes from the beginning that no one else even recognizes.

as posted before...here since '01. I'm 31

how many of you old heads have seen younger siblings get into it lately?

my brother who is 25 never cared for the shoe thing. always had a few J's cuz I would pick up some heat the outlets. He's lucky and has a size 10.5 so he gets more opportunities than me now since I wear a 13. Thing that bugs me is seeing him pay retail for some shoes that are outlet material.

He has 3 pairs of kobe 8's which were solid pickups, but then he's paying retail for jordan 88's? trying to teach, but hey...

I've been lurking since '01 on the Jordan forums right after the 16's drop. Joined in '04.Later discovering the retro forums and not understanding the fuss about dunks. Got into dunks around '03 when Heineken dunks drop skate shop wanted us to buy the black and gum urls and pay $300 in order to cop the dunks. Wdywt was in the general. I stole only500made name from here to make and account on instyleshoe. The you madd doggie pic in the Wdywt with the pink polo was funny as hell. Air-jordan.com release sheet was always on point. I miss the materials they use on jays.

View media item 605932

Last edited:
who was the dude who scanned his face for a PYP?

also dude that wrote crazy replies. Read one where he insulted another NTer tombout his ankles looking like greased hams. Same guy that was planning on throwing a party and medicating with insulin :lol:

I was born in '95 but joined in 89.

as posted before...here since '01. I'm 31

how many of you old heads have seen younger siblings get into it lately?

my brother who is 25 never cared for the shoe thing. always had a few J's cuz I would pick up some heat the outlets. He's lucky and has a size 10.5 so he gets more opportunities than me now since I wear a 13. Thing that bugs me is seeing him pay retail for some shoes that are outlet material.

He has 3 pairs of kobe 8's which were solid pickups, but then he's paying retail for jordan 88's? trying to teach, but hey...

One can bring a horse to water, but cannot force thy drink upon thee.....

I might as well joined back in 2002. Its obviously not the way it use to be. I remember when you could pick up an eastbay catalog and phone in Js straight from the book. Those days are no more. Now they dont even put the shoes in the book because the shoes sell out in minutes.

Back
Top Bottom