NT's NBA top 50 list

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Uhh.. Worthy stays. Like what Blazers said... you gotta look more than just stats. Worthy avg 17 ppg in a team with Kareem, Magic, Scott, and was a back up to Jamaal Wilkes. I think that scoring avg might be higher on a team like the Clippers, but also his FG % would drop. He'd be another Dominque Wilkins.. .which aint bad at all. Actually, just look at his highlights, and his impact on the Lakers... he was called 'big game' james for a reason. He stays on the top 50.

Worthy is gonna get kicked out sooner or later. Sorry bud...
mad.gif
frown.gif

Uhh.. Worthy stays. Like what Blazers said... you gotta look more than just stats. Worthy avg 17 ppg in a team with Kareem, Magic, Scott, and was a back up to Jamaal Wilkes. I think that scoring avg might be higher on a team like the Clippers, but also his FG % would drop. He'd be another Dominque Wilkins.. .which aint bad at all. Actually, just look at his highlights, and his impact on the Lakers... he was called 'big game' james for a reason. He stays on the top 50.

mad.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif
...it's only inevitable...20 years from now, he won't be sniffing this list.

mad.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif
...it's only inevitable...20 years from now, he won't be sniffing this list.
ah well.. i hate to agree. We still got young players now like Durant and Roy who'll be killing not only worthy's numbers, but thosedudes from the 70s and 60s

It's way too early for LeBron and Wade to be considered in the Top 50. Gotta see what they bring to the table inthe next 6-7 seasons. If they keep it up though, at this pace they'll find themselves in that group when its all said and done.

Dirk and AI are coin flips... but I wouldn't be surprised to see them there at the end of their careers.

The only shoe-ins from todays active players are Duncan, Kidd, Garnett, and Kobe.

Duncan, Kidd, Garnett (i hate him) and Kobe (i hate him even more) are shoe ins. Honestly I'd give Dirk the nod over AI, but that's just me. Could goeither way, it seems to me like you guys favor iverson just because he was more popular in his prime.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

It's way too early for LeBron and Wade to be considered in the Top 50. Gotta see what they bring to the table in the next 6-7 seasons. If they keep it up though, at this pace they'll find themselves in that group when its all said and done.

Dirk and AI are coin flips... but I wouldn't be surprised to see them there at the end of their careers.

The only shoe-ins from todays active players are Duncan, Kidd, Garnett, and Kobe.

LeBron is the best player not named Kobe. Shaq was on the list after 6-7 seasons and before a ring. LeBron is top 10 all-time in my opinion already. I canagree with D-Wade being early i even said that but LeBron is on the list.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

It's way too early for LeBron and Wade to be considered in the Top 50. Gotta see what they bring to the table in the next 6-7 seasons. If they keep it up though, at this pace they'll find themselves in that group when its all said and done.

LeBron is the best player not named Kobe. Shaq was on the list after 6-7 seasons and before a ring. LeBron is top 10 all-time in my opinion already. I can agree with D-Wade being early i even said that but LeBron is on the list.
Duncan and Kobe are the top 2 players in this discussion so, LeBron can't be the best not named Kobe. And, I'm pretty sure KG would getthe nod over LeBron.

LeBron is the best player not named Kobe. Shaq was on the list after 6-7 seasons and before a ring. LeBron is top 10 all-time in my opinion already. I can agree with D-Wade being early i even said that but LeBron is on the list.

LOL LEBRON TOP 10 already?

In no order

Bill Russell
Wilt
Magic
Kobe
Kareem
MJ
Shaq
Hakeem
JWEST
Karl Malone
Larry Bird
Oscar
Duncan
Jason Kidd
KG
Isiah Thomas
Stockton
GP

so who is lebron better than already?

Originally Posted by iceNcream

LOL LEBRON TOP 10 already?

In no order

Bill Russell
Wilt
Magic
Kobe
Kareem
MJ
Shaq
Hakeem
JWEST
Karl Malone
Larry Bird
Oscar
Duncan
Jason Kidd
KG
Isiah Thomas
Stockton
GP

so who is lebron better than already?

laugh.gif
well obviously with only 7 seasons under his belt he isn't top 10, but your list sucks. Kidd? Payton? Uh, yeah, Lebron>those guys.

It's way too early for LeBron and Wade to be considered in the Top 50. Gotta see what they bring to the table in the next 6-7 seasons.
word...homes aint even won a chip yet and dudes is talkin that ying yang
smh.gif

To the guy who said Dirk is the best International player go kill your self......
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Dirk will never be nothing more but what he is nothing... He didn't win the MVP that year either

tony_parker_releases_first_rap_album-arton41857-290x290.jpg

even shaq admitted his selection was premature -- that the voters were thinking about his probable future, not his present..

i don't get why dirk is even in the discussion. paul pierce either.

tim duncan. kobe bryant. that's about it for current players.. i wouldn't even really consider kidd for the list.

kg.. mehh.. borderline. i'd like to see him win a couple more chips.

kg himself even said the NBA would have to do a top 75 to fit in all the new bucks.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Let's be real. Pippen should not be on that list.

laugh.gif
did you watch the NBA the year mike was busy playing d3 baseball?

Scottie that year > Lebron this year.
Plus 8 All NBA Defense.
6 Rings.

A more practical thread would be adding 50 more players which wouldn't be that hard to do.

laugh.gif
d wade already got his ring... and a finals MVP....lebron got swept in the finals... have you seen wade's stats this year??. wade's points, assist, steals, blocks >> lebron's rebounds

Originally Posted by 255forLife

P.S.: I was @ the ASG in Cleveland when this list was announced and ALL these dudes were in the house simultaneously!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

false.

i think only 46 of them were there.

pistol pete is dead, along with someone else, i forget who..

jerry west had some condition that he doesn't fly or something, i forget..

shaq was the only living player to no-show.

Maravich was the only one not there.

Despite some guady numbers by Lebron, at this point, if he were to retire today and in 50 years you look back at him (stats included), he would be nothing morethan a glorified all-star.

Don't let "potential" cloud your judgements people.

--Considering how and when they made the original list, I think they should add another 10 players or so for every decade.
--I agree that it is still early for Lebron and Dwade or D12...

These guys however....
--Kobe
--KG
--Jkidd
--The Glove
--The Truth
--The Answer
--TD

Anyone who honestly thinks Pippen should be taken off the list is buggin...seriously. Did he play next to MJ? Yes...that doesn't dimish his greatness as aplayer though. He's arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all time, a ridiculously versatile player, won 6 rings as a major contributor to the Bulls,7 all-star selections, 10 all-defensive selections, 2 gold medals, finished 3rd in MVP voting in 1994 after MJ retired for the first time, and a future HOF.He's top 50 definately.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Anyone who honestly thinks Pippen should be taken off the list is buggin...seriously. Did he play next to MJ? Yes...that doesn't dimish his greatness as a player though. He's arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all time, a ridiculously versatile player, won 6 rings as a major contributor to the Bulls, 7 all-star selections, 10 all-defensive selections, 2 gold medals, finished 3rd in MVP voting in 1994 after MJ retired for the first time, and a future HOF. He's top 50 definately.

Still...It's the stigma of MJ that will always haunt him.

laugh.gif
Yes Dirk is better than AI and AI was my favorite player as kid.
Dirk produces danm near the same scoring numbers while being startlingly more efficient and had one of the greatest playoff runs in NBA history.

If some referees don't put the fix in he would of been one of the few players to win a championships with only one all star.

Also **** with Tony Parker...He isn't even the best international player on his own TEAM.
laugh.gif

Please shut up with the Dirk talk...

Okay he is a top 10 player in todays game... There is NO way he deserves to be on this list. MAYBE when its all said and done but as of now, hell no
laugh.gif

If Dirk is on there, so should T-Mac
eyes.gif

Also - Pippen stays. KB, TD, KG, GP deserve to be added... LeBron isn't there yet, just like CP3, D12, Wade, Melo...

Originally Posted by Super T1ght

Please shut up with the Dirk talk...

Okay he is a top 10 player in todays game... There is NO way he deserves to be on this list. MAYBE when its all said and done but as of now, hell no
laugh.gif

If Dirk is on there, so should T-Mac
eyes.gif

Also - Pippen stays. KB, TD, KG, GP deserve to be added... LeBron isn't there yet, just like CP3, D12, Wade, Melo...

smh.gif
TMac isn't even in the same stratosphere as Dirk. Dirk still doesn't belong on that list though.

Back
Top Bottom