NTWT 2024 | Happy New Year NTWT

Do You Prefer Yearly or Monthly Threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've always been confused by the "MJF can't wrestle" narrative.
Is that a thing?

I thought it was just cool to see him have an absolute banger of a workrate match since that wasn’t usually how his programs worked.

People thought he wasn’t capable of wrestling?

Is that a thing?

I thought it was just cool to see him have an absolute banger of a workrate match since that wasn’t usually how his programs worked.

People thought he wasn’t capable of wrestling?

Surprisingly, yeah. Not sure if it's because he doesn't wrestle every week or what. Me and Case Case saw him in like 2017 on an indie show in Dayton and were impressed THEN.

Surprisingly, yeah. Not sure if it's because he doesn't wrestle every week or what. Me and Case Case saw him in like 2017 on an indie show in Dayton and were impressed THEN.
I'm surprised by the "MJF can't work" stuff too..I've, admittedly, been in the camp of "he needs to step it up", but that's because I know he has the ability to be much better..But to say the dude can't put on a MOTN at any given time is flat out confusing to me..

I also agree about the AEW "WrestleMania" PPV name change..Double Or Nothing is too long of a name and it doesn't roll of the tongue/come to mind easily like a WrestleMania or WrestleKingdom..If you're gonna be a wrestling promotion that's a major player then your "Super Bowl" event has got to have an easy to say, easy to remember name that has the word WRESTLING in the title..

Whenever someone excels in one department it is natural to form a narrative that they lack in other departments. But yes, people have claimed MJF wasn't much than above average in the ring.

I missed the show last night..From the looks of the thread the only thing I need to watch is the main event..Gonna give it a viewing now..

Cena kinda had the same kind of he can't wrestle thing back then. Dude can always go, might be he just didn't feel the need to do so on a regular basis. Which to be fair was true in some regard as he did get by with less. But when willing and with a dance partner that he likes, he definitely can go.

Back to MJF, I guess people kinda have that thought because he's different from the other people on the roster. He kinda works a different style and it gets kind of magnified because he's so different from the rest.

RIcky Starks is cool. He looks goofy to me so he doesn't pass the eye test
He has good fire and solid in ring school. I feel He can be a secondary champ. As the MAIN dude, nah. I don't see it one bit. But don't take that as a knock because only a few folks really can be the face of the company. Also, I don't think AEW needs ONE "main dude" like WWE has traditionally been promoted.

rwfanatic rwfanatic

MJF had a great match with Darby in one of the past events. He doesn’t wrestle very often so it’s probably more surprising to people when he does really well

MJF vs Jungle Boy Double or Nothing 2020
MJF vs Sammy Guevara Dynamite 2021
MJF vs Darby Allin Full Gear 2021
MJF vs CM Punk Dynamite 2022
MJF vs CM Punk Dog Collar Match Revolution 2022

He keeps it up the rest of this year and he’s gonna get a great contract.

He eventually got up with help from two AEW employees and started crying. Then he stood up and soaked up the standing ovation from the crowd.

Great main event match. I really thought he was going to win it. Cool to experience an Iron Man match live, but I'll be honest, the first 10 minutes of the match was pretty boring. Crowd wasn't into it at first.

The Zero Hour match was entertaining.

Crowd used the women's match and the Samoa Joe match as a bathroom break. Saraya can still get it.

House of Black v Elite was real good. Crowd was definitely over for Kenny. Idk if I'm a fan of all the big spots that everyone gets to have in a match. Maybe I'm just not used seeing that as much, because I don't follow wrestling regularly?

I didn't know Jungle Boy used the song "Jungle Boy" as his entrance music lol.

Hangman v Page was a good, but brutal match. Crowd lost it when Max used the fork.

I was expecting a little bit more from that 4-team tag match. Didn't think I'd see Jeff Jarrett wrestle live in 2023, but I did. Cassiday and Dan Hausen were over. As were The Acclaimed.

Overall, I thought the show was entertaining to see live. Especially it being my first live wrestling show outside of the WWE.
Thanks for your unbiased review. Just curious, What brought you out to this event since you don't regularly watch wrestling?

Thanks for your unbiased review. Just curious, What brought you out to this event since you don't regularly watch wrestling?
I followed WWE and TNA fairly consistently during 2010-2014 and attended a few WWE shows with my wife's cousins. They randomly bought tickets for this show last December and automatically included me lol. So I didn't want to be mean and back out, so I decided to go. Mainly because I haven't seen a live event outside of WWE and it being a PPV, I wanted to see what an AEW event was like.

I casually follow wrestling these days through twitter, reddit, and this thread.

Oh, I just remembered the finish to the Samoa Joe match. That was wack lol.

I followed WWE and TNA fairly consistently during 2010-2014 and attended a few WWE shows with my wife's cousins. They randomly bought tickets for this show last December and automatically included me lol. So I didn't want to be mean and back out, so I decided to go. Mainly because I haven't seen a live event outside of WWE and it being a PPV, I wanted to see what an AEW event was like.

I casually follow wrestling these days through twitter, reddit, and this thread.

Oh, I just remembered the finish to the Samoa Joe match. That was wack lol.

Did you sing along to the Jungle Boy theme?

Back
Top Bottom