Nurses of Niketalk: What shoes do you rock on the floor?

I'm not a nurse, but my girlfriend is. And she will be getting a new job soon and will be needing new shoes for walking/running around on the floor.

What shoes do you use for your 12+ hour shifts?

A lot of female nurses during my internships wore Crocs 
laugh.gif

I can't recommend women shoes but I always wore a pair of running shoes. Doesn't cost that much and keeps my feet from hurting on long shifts.

It's recommended that you take something that's durable and good for your feet but also easy to clean because you frequently come in contact with blood, urine, feces, vomit, ... 

Last edited:
Not a nurse, but I work PT at a shoe store. Alot of them come in and get Asics Kayano/Nimbus.

Not a nurse but I work part time at Starbucks and I'm on my feet all day. The first 2 months working there my feet KILLED me! I was recommended a pair of sketchers, which I swore I would never wear, but gave them a shot and they changed my life. From the first day I wore them I had no more pain.

View media item 1859973

Not a nurse, but I'm on my feet all day working the stockroom in Footlocker. I usually wear Saint Laurent sneakers, Gucci, Lanvins, but I also dabble with some Jordans, Chuck Taylors, and Jack Purcell. The most comfortable are the Jack Purcells cause sometimes I have to work the sales and some of these people are sweaty and smelly and if they drop food by me the sneakers are easy to wipe clean.

If you're girl is going to in a messy area constantly though get her something like these

Back
Top Bottom