"NYC ain't ready for the iPhone" - Says AT&T Update: AT&T Fixed

Originally Posted by chickhien

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

like I wrote in another thread.

ATT ranked the lowest out of the big 4 cell phone companies in the NYC area in a Consumer Reports story last month

what did it say in the consumer reports? was it about customer satisfaction? actual coverage? i'm just curious bc ive been with at&t for almost 10 years, never had any issues with drop calls. then again ive never owned an iphone (atleast for longer than a week). been a palm user for 4 years and blackberry ever since
Both.
they had 4 breakdown categories..I forget what they were...but I noted that it wasn't just customer service that was lacking...it was actual coverage thatwas ranked poorly.

the good thing about the report was that they broke it down by major cities... so NYC's rankings weren't the same as SF's rankings.

overall for NYC is was:
1. Verizon
2. Sprint
3. Tmobile
4. ATT

ATT ranked the lowest out of the big 4 cell phone companies in the NYC area in a Consumer Reports story last month

what did it say in the consumer reports? was it about customer satisfaction? actual coverage? i'm just curious bc ive been with at&t for almost 10 years, never had any issues with drop calls. then again ive never owned an iphone (atleast for longer than a week). been a palm user for 4 years and blackberry ever since
Both.
they had 4 breakdown categories..I forget what they were...but I noted that it wasn't just customer service that was lacking...it was actual coverage that was ranked poorly.

the good thing about the report was that they broke it down by major cities... so NYC's rankings weren't the same as SF's rankings.

overall for NYC is was:
1. Verizon
2. Sprint
3. Tmobile
4. ATT

A few dropped calls here and there>Sprints hidden charges for everything

I hate Sprint so much. I cant remember the last time I saw someone who was still using a Sprint phone.

Sprint fared very low on customer service...but in terms of plan pricing and actual network reliability...it was rated well.

I have Sprint still...not the best...but I get a ~30% discount off any plan plus I have a customer service line for business accounts, so I'm good with ituntil something better comes along that can beat my plan.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Wow.

This makes me believe they will actually try that stupid idea to charge people for their amount of data usage instead of having an unlimited data plan.

Looks like I'll have to switch to Verizon.

if they do they can only do that to new customers. if they do AT&T will lose more customer but best believe apple is not gonna let that happen.

Both.
they had 4 breakdown categories..I forget what they were...but I noted that it wasn't just customer service that was lacking...it was actual coverage that was ranked poorly.

overall for NYC is was:
1. Verizon
2. Sprint
3. Tmobile
4. ATT

i also saw this in a mag (forgot which one it was) but my brother in law showed me waiting in line at the grocery store. It also showed data for all majorcities and AT&T has the most dropped calls out of the 4 big companies in most major cities they are #4. in dc they are #3

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Originally Posted by DubA169

people from california are so insecure i love it. hate on nyc all you want. you guys being so desperate to post cali>nyc already proves you wrong
yeah because dudes from ny never post nyc>cali when post like these are about cali
grin.gif

I don't come to general all that much but I usually just see

Cali> nyc or
Ohio>cali

Originally Posted by DubA169

people from california are so insecure i love it. hate on nyc all you want. you guys being so desperate to post cali>nyc already proves you wrong
Are you having a heavy flow day?

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by Late80s

any network that would have had the iphone would have this happen to them, you must not understand the amount of data the iphone uses. its not well managed like a blackberry.

then put the money up and fix the network....guarentee this would have never happened on verizon...but the damage is already done...people are not dumb and ATT has never denied their 3g coverage is whats on that map..instead they go on about how u can talk/use data at the same time and how their network is 3 seconds faster to load a page than verizons...but what good is that if the network hardly has coverage.....as soon as the iphone goes to a different US carrier you will see a bigger subscriber loss than sprints
att isnt going to make a cdma iphone and tmobiles 3g network is laughable. and att is making network improvements in new york in 2010

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

Hopefully the Iphone comes to T-Mobile.

Most underrated cell phone provider out their.

Best customer service, best unlimited service plans, cheaper plan's, legit phones.

3G not the best, but they constantly expanding it and upgrading it.

TMobile FTL!!!U forgot to mention mysteriously dropped calls and unexplained roaming to find service. There are some incidents around late nights/earlymornings that any T-Mobile phone will not send any calls through. NONE. The phone would just mysteriously end it for no reason. EVEN FOR CALLS TO911!!!
tired.gif

Not a good look and T-mobiles cust service just comes with this phony apology and does not have a logical answer for this problem.

My 2 cents...

When I was home (Long Island) for thanksgiving, iPhone kept going to the Edge network... even when I went to BK/Manhattan
smh.gif

But we all know, Verizon is damn near a monopoly in NY
laugh.gif

However, when I'm in tiny-town Corvallis, Oregon, or tavel to Portland, I'm 3G all day.
smokin.gif

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
@ evenmentioning Tmobile's voice OR data coverage
sick.gif

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Wow.

This makes me believe they will actually try that stupid idea to charge people for their amount of data usage instead of having an unlimited data plan.

Looks like I'll have to switch to Verizon.

The reason they might do that is because only a minority of people with unlimited data plans are actually using the majority of the network and clogging it up for everyone. Not sure if I worded that correctly.
This just sounded mad stupid but ok .....
Ok. Most of the people with unlimited data plans do not use their data plan like crazy. Thereis a relatively small number of customers, who have unlimited plans, who use the majority of the network. Therefore, the people with unlimited data who do notuse their plan all the time, complain that it sucks. Which is also what the people who use it all the time say. So if they start a pay as you go data plan,those who do not use their data a lot, will continue not using it a lot. Those that do use it often, will curtail their usage. Does this make any more sense?

Back
Top Bottom