Do You Think Oakland Is Dangerous?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• They're about that action boss

• Total voters

I hate to be that guy from the Bay Area but I just do not like Oakland. And I know there are some peeps on here that live there but i just can't back the city for nothing. I just got an amber alert today on my phone as well as anyone else that is in the Bay Area with a cell phone and some 13 year old girl was missing from there. It's just insane.
u sound soft as terry cloth. I stay in Oakland but from San Francisco don't act like sf is better than Oakland.
I'm from hunters point and its just as bad
Not to mention Potrero hill
Or filmore
Or the mission to be exact
I stayed on army street back when it was that BIG building and had a bball court
So don't act like Oakland any better
People wild out out there too

Last edited:
I mean there's hoods like this all over the country, though....

This isn't some new phenomenon, this is a general attitude towards life/authority that manifests itself in urban areas everywhere that have been neglected and left to starve...

I hate to be that guy from the Bay Area but I just do not like Oakland. And I know there are some peeps on here that live there but i just can't back the city for nothing. I just got an amber alert today on my phone as well as anyone else that is in the Bay Area with a cell phone and some 13 year old girl was missing from there. It's just insane.
u sound soft as terry cloth. I stay in Oakland but from San Francisco don't act like sf is better than Oakland.

Or filmore

I stayed on army street back when it was that BIG building and had a bball court

[thread="583053"]What's crazy about San Francisco vs Oakland is how rarely people even acknowledge that SF has serious problems. The worst parts of San Francisco are worse than any part of Oakland.  You will NEVER see the rampant, wide scale desperation, and poverty that you see in a certain couple square mile pockets of San Francisco, in even the roughest parts of Oakland. Turk and Larkin, Golden Gate Ave and Leavenworth, NEVER in Oakland. For the people in power it's out of sight out of mind I guess. [/thread]
It just cracks me up when people from sf think they are better than Oakland
When they prettty much the same
And damn u right the tenderloin is just sad :smh:

It's just an opinion of mine and I never said SF was any better. Has nothing to do with me being soft or anything. Hell, I hate Walnut Creek too if that matters. I am not even trying to be that snob that thinks once city is better from the next and I am not even originally from SF nor claim it like I've been here for decades.

It's just an opinion of mine and I never said SF was any better. Has nothing to do with me being soft or anything. Hell, I hate Walnut Creek too if that matters. I am not even trying to be that snob that thinks once city is better from the next and I am not even originally from SF nor claim it like I've been here for decades.
When it comes down to it
The stuff shown in the vid is a reflection of the hood period
A perfect example is watching
HOOD 2 HOOD
All the different cities in America they went to all had common things going on
And it kinda sucks poverty is a reason things like what u see in the video happen
But peep hood 2 hood trust me u will be entertained
I ain't t seen it in years but it was :lol: and :smh: at the same time
They start of in the different cities in the Bay Area like sf and Richmond and Oakland and Vallejo
Then go to la then to places like Chicago and St. Louis and other Midwest cities
Then to places in like n Carolina and then finish off in ny
Check Rasputin for it

Or filmore

It just cracks me up when people from sf think they are better than Oakland
When they prettty much the same
And damn u right the tenderloin is just sad :smh:

I lived in the bay for 6 years, 4 in Oakland and NOTHING in the town compares to the TL :lol:

The **** looks like a third world war zone I have never seen neighborhoods THAT bad in one district

Yeah I know. I know we have all our bad pockets everywhere. I mean I when I hear Fairfield is bad from people that live there, I almost laugh but people swear by it and even in odd areas on Concord, Sac and other places that I don't get. I am originally from El Sobrante. Nothing ghetto about the place but we had the worse wanna be gangsters at my high school that it was almost as bad as the real ones.

Anyways....my hate for Oakland is hardly for that video. My dad got caught up there, a person we knows business got robbed, coworker got literally beat up to the point where they went to the hospital after being robbed....I mean it's left a sour taste in me that I can't help. And SF of course has it's dumps. Just on the damn 38 line today running through the TL, someone was going to smack up this Academy Of Art student cause he said his d*ck was near his mouth when he was sitting down and the kid was standing up.

Last edited:
When it comes down to it
The stuff shown in the vid is a reflection of the hood period
A perfect example is watching
HOOD 2 HOOD
All the different cities in America they went to all had common things going on
And it kinda sucks poverty is a reason things like what u see in the video happen
But peep hood 2 hood trust me u will be entertained
I ain't t seen it in years but it was :lol: and :smh: at the same time
They start of in the different cities in the Bay Area like sf and Richmond and Oakland and Vallejo
Then go to la then to places like Chicago and St. Louis and other Midwest cities
Then to places in like n Carolina and then finish off in ny
Check Rasputin for it

Oakland is a dope *** city people need to stop acting scared, they act like you gonna get robbed walking down the street. There some bad parts but hell every major city has these problems.

In terms of the bay I always thought Richmond was were you needed to watch your back not Oakland

Love Oakland it's such a beautiful place with amazing food :pimp: def has come a long way.
When I lived in Pinole I went to Richmond a good number of times...I just played it smart had no problems. I did have a lot of friends tho with stories on stories of some **** they had to go through in the Rich :smh:

Do the Oakland Hills not exist to the people who make the city out to be a third world city? Ridiculously nice neighborhoods up there that are very rare in SF. SF is a fun city to live in, but if you want to live in a nice home in a nice neighborhood once you're older, there's a lot better options in the rest of the Bay Area, especially in the South Bay and northern part of the East Bay.

Last edited:
Yeah I know. I know we have all our bad pockets everywhere. I mean I when I hear Fairfield is bad from people that live there, I almost laugh but people swear by it and even in odd areas on Concord, Sac and other places that I don't get. I am originally from El Sobrante. Nothing ghetto about the place but we had the worse wanna be gangsters at my high school that it was almost as bad as the real ones.

Anyways....my hate for Oakland is hardly for that video. My dad got caught up there, a person we knows business got robbed, coworker got literally beat up to the point where they went to the hospital after being robbed....I mean it's left a sour taste in me that I can't help. And SF of course has it's dumps. Just on the damn 38 line today running through the TL, someone was going to smack up this Academy Of Art student cause he said his d*ck was near his mouth when he was sitting down and the kid was standing up.
I've spent most my life in Fairfield and it progressively got worse over the years. A lot of a Vallejo folks migrated over here. Still doesn't compare to the crest but there's some rowdy hoods here.

Honestly, as rough as I've seen. Admittedly, I lived in the town for a bit and it took some adjusting.

Last edited:
Well, most people that live in the nice areas of Oakland classify it by their specific area. No one that lives in Oakland Hills would never say they live in Oakland. Same goes with Piedmont. But in SF, whether the good or bad areas, you live in SF.

And I agree on the living situations. SF is not only more expensive but you get an older place for what you pay and most likely way smaller by dollar amount and the weather sucks. East Bay has way more to show but of course SF and even Oakland has more things to do as far as restaurants, bars, activities, etc. It's hard to find the medium that makes sense, especially if you work in SF. A lot of people are starting to live in Alameda because there are some nice houses there, close to Oakland and SF and the commute to SF isn't that bad. Downtown Oakland is doing the slow phase of being gentrified with the condos and restaurants being built but it isn't quite there yet. We'll see if it gets there.

Well, most people that live in the nice areas of Oakland classify it by their specific area. No one that lives in Oakland Hills would never say they live in Oakland. Same goes with Piedmont. But in SF, whether the good or bad areas, you live in SF.

And I agree on the living situations. SF is not only more expensive but you get an older place for what you pay and most likely way smaller by dollar amount and the weather sucks. East Bay has way more to show but of course SF and even Oakland has more things to do as far as restaurants, bars, activities, etc. It's hard to find the medium that makes sense, especially if you work in SF. A lot of people are starting to live in Alameda because there are some nice houses there, close to Oakland and SF and the commute to SF isn't that bad. Downtown Oakland is doing the slow phase of being gentrified with the condos and restaurants being built but it isn't quite there yet. We'll see if it gets there.

What? :lol:

There are nice places in Oakland.

That being said, only time you'll catch me there is during a Warriors game at the Oracle.

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. 
laugh.gif

Like you're screaming out your *** hole at the top of your lungs. Just completely clueless. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom