Do You Think Oakland Is Dangerous?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• They're about that action boss

• Total voters
I've lived in Oakland for over 25 years, currently stay in Downtown/Old Oakland area, got robbed at the beginning of last year.

http://niketalk.com/t/528845/got-robbed-in-downtown-oakland-by-some-goons-on-saturday-night

Still, I love the place, amazing food and bar/lounge scene is thriving.

But no, do not venture into the East or West Oakland flatlands at night.
anywhere in oakland u can get robbed
u even said u got robbed in downtown oakland
**** even in north oakland people still get robbed

I mean there's hoods like this all over the country, though....

This isn't some new phenomenon, this is a general attitude towards life/authority that manifests itself in urban areas everywhere that have been neglected and left to starve...

I thought that as well.
ie. Detroit, LA, DC...

:rofl:

At ppl from the bay saying sf is as bad as oakland.
Lmaoooo
:rofl:

I be in every part of the bay . A lot of different hoods.
Oakland def takes the cake.

Oakland is the west coast brooklyn

Oakland is a great city. It has a lot of character. Lots of potential. But still, lots of problems and a long way from reaching its potential.

IMO i think it has the best weather in the bay area as compared to the other major cities (SF and SJ.) It's warmer and sunnier than SF and has a nice breeze that SJ lacks.

I currently stay in the south bay because there are so many more job opportunities in the silicon valley than in the East Bay. But I've always dreamed of raising a family in the East Bay. 

I think Oakland could use some gentrification. 

I figure I'd ask here since you guys seem knowledgeable.

Is Berkeley still bad these days? West Berkeley in particular.

Last edited:
Oakland is a great city. It has a lot of character. Lots of potential. But still, lots of problems and a long way from reaching its potential.

IMO i think it has the best weather in the bay area as compared to the other major cities (SF and SJ.) It's warmer and sunnier than SF and has a nice breeze that SJ lacks.

I currently stay in the south bay because there are so many more job opportunities in the silicon valley than in the East Bay. But I've always dreamed of raising a family in the East Bay. 

I think Oakland could use some gentrification. 

Already happening man

stayin clean in oakland with that fresh Ecko jacket :pimp: ....beast mode my dude tho and the music cool out there, plus i got some yambs from there so Oakland cool with me :pimp:

I know how yall from out there feel tho, im from another city that the media usually paints as all bad and ratchet :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but you really do sound ignorant.

The dude who posted that article is right about the Town being one of the most exciting places in America to move to. I have been looking for my first home in the Bay for a while, and every realtor I've spoken to has said Oakland is blowing up. Plenty of dot-commers are making their way out to Oakland and the rest of the East Bay and making it a hot bed for the newer generation.

All the hearsay youve heard from your friends and family are blinding you and preventing you from enjoying and appreciating one of the most exciting cities in America.
Only moving there because they are being priced out of SF, which they caused to begin with. You don't move into a worse section of the city by choice, but out of necessity.

*Source: Buddies who live(d) in SF.

Back
Top Bottom