Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

WTF.... Life is crazy!

Man took over Nike and LV while battling cancer :smh:

RIP

These prices are getting out of control... thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of Black 5 before they hit $1500 :ohwell:

ya'll bickerin over shoes, when y'all could get a sharpie, write whatever you want on the midsole and yellow them up. that's the whole point of his work, you take whatever junk you have, and make it your own like we used to do back in school. I aint got a single off white, but I got a bunch of beater *** shoes I enjoy. that's what its all about.

Imagine the chaos when Jordan eventually passes.

It's gonna be NASTY

All OG CWs will definitely skyrocket.

Well maybe the Bulls CWs for sure.

Oh man, I’m sure literally EVERYTHING with the Jumpman logo will sell out when MJ passes away.. All apparel, Fusions, Team Js, Sigs for current players, Ballpark franks, Hanes underwear, you name it-
literally EVERYTHING will be gone (j/k on the hot dogs and underwear.. maybe) since everyone and their mother will want a piece of MJ at that point, esp ppl who have figuratively drank from the “Be Like Mike” Gatorade trough at some point in their life lol. Resale prices on retros will be insane, esp OG cws or classic retro+ cws (esp hyped collabs) that haven’t released in awhile. Eventually it will settle down but that eventual future era will be absolute madness. That I can pretty much guarantee. Same thing will happen to a lesser extent with Yeezy when Kanye passes away as well but, even then, there’s nowhere near the variance of products like there is with MJ.

Oh man, I’m sure literally EVERYTHING with the Jumpman logo will sell out when MJ passes away.. All apparel, Fusions, Team Js, Sigs for current players, Ballpark franks, Hanes underwear, you name it-
literally EVERYTHING will be gone (j/k on the hot dogs and underwear.. maybe) since everyone and their mother will want a piece of MJ at that point, esp ppl who have figuratively drank from the “Be Like Mike” Gatorade trough at some point in their life lol. Resale prices on retros will be insane, esp OG cws or classic retro+ cws (esp hyped collabs) that haven’t released in awhile. Eventually it will settle down but that eventual future era will be absolute madness. That I can pretty much guarantee. Same thing will happen to a lesser extent with Yeezy when Kanye passes away as well but, even then, there’s nowhere near the variance of products like there is with MJ.
What about Tinker?

What about Tinker?
Yeah I could probably see this effect among sneakerheads (with Js and other Nike models he designed) but nothing like the wave that will happen with MJ or Kanye tbh.
Except when MJ is gone, the brand and products will almost certainly continue. Of course, prices and thirst will skyrocket in the immediate aftermath, but it won’t be like no one can ever get new retro releases again. Jordan as a brand is like Ferrari. Ferrari didn’t close its doors when Enzo died, and neither will the JB machine.
That’s different than Abloh, whose unexpected death probably means no more OW Nike collabs because he was the guy actually designing them. Despite the fact I personally think most of them are lazy trash, his name and attachment to the product are what drove the hype.
Kanye … I feel like if he lives another 30-40 years, his sneaker influence will have long waned by the time he’s gone LOL. I could be wrong, but I have a difficult time imagining his name selling stuff for as long as MJ’s legacy has and will continue to do so. To kids who are in their teens and 20s in 20 years from now, he’ll just be some old rapper who their parent’s liked 🤣

i learned my lesson from kobe's passing that its not worth it trying to pay extra high for a pair of shoes that was significantly lower before the tragedy. I was away at a destination wedding when the Chaos 5's dropped and when I came back, he had just passed and the shoes shot up more than double.

For the 2's, I had a low bid on them because I was waiting till after all my holiday shopping was done first before I go pay the resale. Prices is obviously triple/quadruple the price as last week. I'm gonna do what I did with the Kobe's and watch from afar and enjoy the ones that I do have. I have kept all my OW's so far since release date.

8F1A6875-0B7C-44D5-80CA-0B573EFA35AF.jpeg

E76F1B54-9EA0-4859-97D3-1B6D55874E50.jpeg

Had to represent 🕊

Last edited:
Except when MJ is gone, the brand and products will almost certainly continue. Of course, prices and thirst will skyrocket in the immediate aftermath, but it won’t be like no one can ever get new retro releases again. Jordan as a brand is like Ferrari. Ferrari didn’t close its doors when Enzo died, and neither will the JB machine.
That’s different than Abloh, whose unexpected death probably means no more OW Nike collabs because he was the guy actually designing them. Despite the fact I personally think most of them are lazy trash, his name and attachment to the product are what drove the hype.
Kanye … I feel like if he lives another 30-40 years, his sneaker influence will have long waned by the time he’s gone LOL. I could be wrong, but I have a difficult time imagining his name selling stuff for as long as MJ’s legacy has and will continue to do so. To kids who are in their teens and 20s in 20 years from now, he’ll just be some old rapper who their parent’s liked 🤣

Totally agree on the MJ point-the models will have a life of their own and in 100 years people will wear 1s just like people today wear Chucks, even though obviously neither group will have been alive to see either MJ or Chuck actually play basketball lol

As for Kanye, I think you’re undervaluing his appeal. The dude has made billions selling Yeezy and he still has a ton of appeal especially to younger kids. Hell, it seems like he could be more well known by his shoes than he is about his music, which is insane given how successful he is with his music. Nobody else has made a new model in the past 5-6 years as influential in terms of design as the 350s. That said, Kanye is crazy and could totally also tank his own brand value so that’s always possible lol

Back
Top Bottom