Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Al3xis wrote:
do you actually give the benefit of the doubt to the Cavs that they are good enough to win but they just don't care enough?
Here's where I stand. 

I am concerned. 

I was promised elite level greatness, meaning I expect multiple titles.  Not even 2 would make me happy really, I expect 4-5-6.  

Now?  I am thinkin that I may have been right early last year when I said I think Bron may go on without ever winning a ring. Sounds crazy don't it?  But hear me out.  He will be 26 when this all rols around again next year.  We don't know if he will be on a top team, or have joined a new team to start over.  He will be in his 8th FULL year of ball plus extras with olympics and whatever.  70+ playoff games, etc.  Decent amount of wear and tear, more so then the average 26 year old would have.  And he still has yet to have a major injury.  I'm not hopin that happens, I'm only pointing out, sooner or later an injury can grab you. 

I watch the game last night, and Ray Allen is on Bron most of the time.  I love Ray Allen's game.  So much so, I want him on the Lakers next season.  But Ray is a little light in the shorts to guard Lebron.  Not even fair really   Kobe Bryant takes Ray down on the block and abuses him.  Why can't Lebron?  Why hasn't he gotten that part of his game down yet in 7 years?  Why is he not PROFICIENT at it?  Has he even worked on it yet?  I know for a fact he's worked on a 100 different routines of dancing rituals and handshakes, and parties with Jay Z and Belle, but has he worked non stop on his game?  And thats what frustrates me.  His talent alone has him near the greats of all time.  Just talent alone.  Pure filthy.  But yet, he can't get to 80% on his free throws yet, can't play on the block, still doesn't really scare me with a jumper yet, sure he has his moments, but so did Smush Parker one upon a time.  

He's been around enough, he should be able to dominate just off those parts of his game alone.  I know that I'm nitpicking a great over little things, but now maybe you see, these aren't so little.  And I know for a fact you heard it all night last night when those guys brought up, Kobe can get any shot he wants at 18-12 feet in.  He can go long range, mid range, on the block, in the paint, to the hoop etc etc.  His arsenal is packed.  And he worked himself to death to get it.  Has Lebron?  Have we seen it?  Have we seen him TRULY work himself to death adding to his game?  Improved?  Yes, he has.   To the level he needs to be at?  No.  I don't think so. 

You all laughed at me 2 years ago when I said it, and here we still are, with no rings.  If I don't see changes soon, Ima start sayin it louder every year.  He seems on the path to no titles.  I don't care about coaches, refs, Stern, other players, and whatever other excuses there are.  As great as he is, he still has too many holes in his game for my liking.  I expect more.  And if he honestly wants to win all these titles everyone says he will, then he better get going.  

Titles start at the top.  Be it player, coach, GM, whatever.  Everyone likes to blame Brown, and the GM, and leave Bron clean.  When do the excuses stop?   

Power moves.
pimp.gif

Everyone likes to blame Brown, and the GM, and leave Bron clean.  When do the excuses stop?  
He's taking the majority of the series for this one, isn't he?

To me, from off court concerns about how much he truly cares, from pure dominance to criticism of holes in his game, to an impending free agency... LeBron =

shaq_magic_orlando.jpg

81803173.jpg

Whenever he breaks through and to me it is still is a question of when, not if.he'll reel off a couple in a row.

I'm with you, though..anything less than 3 at a minimum and I'm disappointed.

That is a fair comparison with Shaq. 

So then, I guess Bron comes to the Lakers and we'll start helpin him get those rings. 
happy.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bye Woodson.

We gonna celebrate at Magic City tonight. Josh Smith and Jeff Teague will def. be in the building.

CP, you want me some make some calls and get everybody in?

Originally Posted by CP1708

That is a fair comparison with Shaq. 

So then, I guess Bron comes to the Lakers and we'll start helpin him get those rings. 
happy.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LeBronLakers.jpg

hehe
tongue.gif
....i mean if he REALLY REALLY wants to win but take a pay cut...it could be possible but its wishful thinking

I feel like Lebron  WILL win a ring as soon as he leaves CLE
oh he will
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Bye Woodson.

We gonna celebrate at Magic City tonight. Josh Smith and Jeff Teague will def. be in the building.

CP, you want me some make some calls and get everybody in?

Hell yeah, hey are we wearin all white tonight, or all black?  Gotta keep up with the theme of the party and all ya know. 

I hear Bron's got some free time these days, maybe have Belle get hold of him.......

LeBron got that triple double while playing poorly... Why do you expect LeBron to do what Kobe would do against the Celtics though? LeBron has a lot to work on before he's that type of scorer that Kobe is. At the same time, LeBron does a lot of things that Kobe doesn't do. Two different types of players as of right now.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Is it me or has it been slower than expected the day after the Cavs lose?

If I didn't know better, I'd think David Stern was running Yuku.

All I want to know WHERE IS CHESTER? Maybe he's organizing the report.
laugh.gif
I just want to see it, should be classic.

laugh.gif
work? As soon as the Cavs lost I called out. Was supposed to go to AC tonight but a friend of mine from college who is from Cleveland is coming for a pre-planned visit to the city tonight. Gonna be a goooooooood *@@$!%+ night.

Where do the Cavs go coaching wise now? you pretty much gota hand over control to the Lebron, problem is the Bulls and Nets are in the same spot to do so and D'Antoni is a plus on the Knicks behalf.

Hearing this little douche Broussard eat his words is making my day.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
work? As soon as the Cavs lost I called out. Was supposed to go to AC tonight but a friend of mine from college who is from Cleveland is coming for a pre-planned visit to the city tonight. Gonna be a goooooooood *@@$!%+ night.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mike Brown goes a long way with this team...
Classic, OC.

Chester, take some more time and expand that project back to around November, 2008. there are gems out there.

Michael Wilbon thinks the Suns/Celtics will make the Finals.

And I agree.

Suns are playing GREAT basketball, as are the Celtics.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Michael Wilbon thinks the Suns/Celtics will make the Finals.

And I agree.

Suns are playing GREAT basketball, as are the Celtics.

i would love to see that finals. is it gonna happen?
prolly not.

but still.

Back
Top Bottom