Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Michael Wilbon thinks the Suns/Celtics will make the Finals.

And I agree.

Suns are playing GREAT basketball, as are the Celtics.

i would love to see that finals. is it gonna happen?
prolly not.

but still.

JapanAir21 wrote:

And I agree.

9rhi1j.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:

And I agree.

laugh.gif
 at the hopefulness of people. 

Chester, better gimme a shout out in your book man.  Serious man.  I scouted out a lot of material for you.  Don't forget that. 
laugh.gif

where is this project chester?

i need something to cheer me up after it's been hammered into my head that lebron to NYC was made up all along and he has no shot of ever stepping foot in MSG because it's a dump and chicago is full of 3 future hall of famers that lebron would be stupid to pass on playing with

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Patience, guys.... patience.
Anyone else have the image in their heads of Ches lookin like Robert Downey Jr in the first Iron Man workin outta that cave to make his first suit?  Bangin away on the steal, arc welders and @#$%. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm out for the weekend, ya'll make sure to screencap, save, post in diff threads, do what ya gotta do, but make sure I can find it Monday morning.  I'm hopin the mods will go easy and not delete anything of importance. 
laugh.gif

The problem is Pau, the suns can't stop him and when Pau is engaged and actually getting the ball the Lakers can't really be stopped by the suns at least.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The problem is Pau, the suns can't stop him and when Pau is engaged and actually getting the ball the Lakers can't really be stopped by the suns at least.

The way I see it, some of those guys can get into Pau's head. Its been done before.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

The way I see it, some of those guys can get into Pau's head. Its been done before.
By who?
laugh.gif

If Bron + Bosh both go to Miami to join Wade would that be a situation similar to Boston's acquisitions of KG and Ray in terms of max contracts?

By who?
laugh.gif

That weakling can get frustrated by anything. 

I'm not too sure how he played against Amare, Amundson, Lopez, etc. when they played during the season, but the only thing you need is somebody to bother him physically on the offensive end. He's not stopping Amare from scoring either. So, him and Pau may go tit tat in terms of production on the floor with Amare having the slight advantage due to him seeing the ball more often.

I know the Lakers length will be a problem, but it falls on the Suns making outside shots. If they end up making 10+ 3's, it can spell trouble for LA because they'll be lucky to get 5. As long as Phoenix making shots like they have been, each game will be a dog fight.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

If Bron + Bosh both go to Miami to join Wade would that be a situation similar to Boston's acquisitions of KG and Ray in terms of max contracts?
No, because all three of those guys would be on new 5 year deals, possibly 6 for one of them if its a S&T. 

I just don't see all 3 of them going to the same team anyway. 

Would someone have to take a paycut if all 3 of them were to play together? I think the only way Miami can sign another max guy is if they get rid of Beasley, Haslem and a few more guys. They barely got enough for 1 max player.

Do people really buy into this "Pau is a weakling crap?" lol cmon man, People swore up and down that Nene and Kenyon were going to somehow "get in Pau's head" what happened? averaged like 18 and 11 shooting like 65% from the field. So much for getting bullied. 
laugh.gif

I  reject this notion. 

It's ++%*%%+$, it's the worst kind too, based on really faint shadows of the actual truth. 

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

No, because all three of those guys would be on new 5 year deals, possibly 6 for one of them if its a S&T. 

I just don't see all 3 of them going to the same team anyway. 

Would someone have to take a paycut if all 3 of them were to play together? I think the only way Miami can sign another max guy is if they get rid of Beasley, Haslem and a few more guys. They barely got enough for 1 max player.

the only players under contract for miami is beasley, cook, Joel Anthony has a player options but he is not gonna take it.... chalmers is a team option... beasley and cook are at 7mill total...
i can see wade and bosh taking a little pay cut and making some back because of the tax break to sign like a JJ or something...

I think the likelihood of any big free agent taking a pay cut on the biggest contract they will make in there entire career is less than xero, all of them are getting every last dollar. Book it.

Wade already said hes not taking a paycut and he shouldnt. Anyways dudes going through a divorce and i think being sued so he aint leaving a dime on the table.

People REALLY hopeful on these Suns huh? 

I get it, my man Ches showed his project same way Mo Will shows up for the playoffs.  Am I right? 

Nobody has defeated the Celts when they have all 5 starters for a series.  4-0 in 08, 2-0 so far in 10.  That doesn't make me feel too good. 
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom