Official '16 JORDAN XII Black/Red FLU-GAME (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING FAQS PG.1)

You don't think Nike is gonna pull out all the stops technology/comfort/functionality wise for Kobe Bryant, lebron James, kyrie Irving etc?

The new **** is the best we have to date man. I'm old af and I'm all about nostalgia but come on, they not cutting corners with certain shoes. They do that on the cheaper models and on retros.

Last edited:
You don't think Nike is gonna pull out all the stops technology/comfort/functionality wise for Kobe Bryant, lebron James, kyrie Irving etc?

The new **** is the best we have to date man. I'm old af and I'm all about nostalgia but come on, they not cutting corners with certain shoes. They do that on the cheaper models and on retros.
yo for real

the whole lighter and functionality aspect is way over blown. It is not THAT significant. You say lighter and I say cheaper. I'll take balling in leather shoes any day over cheap plastic or thin fabric that'll rip a lot faster any day.
They use these other materials because it's cheaper to manufacture and cost less than using genuine leather not because they're necessarily better. But that's a whole other discussion in itself. It just comes down to preference. Maybe cats feel more comfortable ballin in shoes that they did growing up. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing. Bottom line is these new shoes aren't drastically superior to older 90's models
--i think its the evolution of sneakers..man the new materials are lighter as i said before and more breathable..

--as far as companies, like nike, being cheap..nike still spending money on leather with retros lol so i dont really get what you saying with that one

but even that leather does not compare to the OG leather...so you not really getting what you had when we were kids.if thats what you prefer you just fooling yourself with an imitation made by the same company.but i feel you on preference..but when you watch an NBA game..almost all the players are wearing the new stuff..and its not because of the money..guys want to play it the best equipment for their game with a few guys rocking a retro here and there which there are a few exceptions. tech does not get worse with time it gets better..

Last edited:
John Wall was hooping in the FB 12's this past season. He seemed fine. And let's not forget Kobe's sneaker free agency.

John Wall was hooping in the FB 12's this past season. He seemed fine. And let's not forget Kobe's sneaker free agency.
bro kobes sneaker free agency was back in 02/03 ...sneakers were still all leather back then. So retros from the 90s and new sneakers in the early 00's were not that much different lol. as far as john wall..i said are a few exceptions. Most nba players wear new technolog......

Last edited:
I think it's time I unsubscribe from this thread.

It's not even about the shoes anymore and I've got my pair.

Take care.

who cares what people wear to ball lol....ive seen dudes in slides with no socks cook everyone else on the court that was wearing sneakers. if the person can play in them no problem, then let it be. why they gotta be douchy?
laugh.gif
they may find old school style Js comfortable, u never know. everyone diff.

its mostly about your game when it comes to balling. if youre good, you can basically score in any kick. if you suck, you can wear whatever u want and it wont matter. i bet kobe or lebron can cook any 1 of us in sandals.

im talking strictly comfort tho. safety is another issue altogether.

who cares what people wear to ball lol....ive seen dudes in slides with no socks cook everyone else on the court that was wearing sneakers. if the person can play in them no problem, then let it be. why they gotta be douchy? :lol: they may find old school style Js comfortable, u never know. everyone diff.

its mostly about your game when it comes to balling. if youre good, you can basically score in any kick. if you suck, you can wear whatever u want and it wont matter. i bet kobe or lebron can cook any 1 of us in sandals.

XII's are one of my favorite pairs of shoes to hoop in. That guy talking crap is probably just salty because it hurts him to see people playing in shoes that he wouldn't consider putting through that kind of abuse.

who cares what people wear to ball lol....ive seen dudes in slides with no socks cook everyone else on the court that was wearing sneakers. if the person can play in them no problem, then let it be. why they gotta be douchy?
laugh.gif
they may find old school style Js comfortable, u never know. everyone diff.

XII's are one of my favorite pairs of shoes to hoop in. That guy talking crap is probably just salty because it hurts him to see people playing in shoes that he wouldn't consider putting through that kind of abuse.
i think somebody did mention that. said that he dont  wanna put $200 shoes through balling abuse. the ironic thing is.....theres are basketball sneakers lol. they just happen to be expensive ones.

Last edited:
Could somebody just answer my question? lol. I've had nearly all iterations of the  XII, including the OG, which is why I asked how these play in the first place. I have new stuff I ball in, but I also like to hoop in retros as well for nostalgia, so I double up on certain pairs. at the end of the day, these are shoes, and they're meant to be used for what they were made for; which is basketball. I don't care if you think guys who wear retros look douchey. You can still get dunked on. That is all. 
smokin.gif

Could somebody just answer my question? lol. I've had nearly all iterations of the  XII, including the OG, which is why I asked how these play in the first place. I have new stuff I ball in, but I also like to hoop in retros as well for nostalgia, so I double up on certain pairs. at the end of the day, these are shoes, and they're meant to be used for what they were made for; which is basketball. I don't care if you think guys who wear retros look douchey. You can still get dunked on. That is all. :smokin

+1

Only time I might see someone hooping in retros as being corny is if they have zero game. Even then, it's their choice to wear their shoes when and however they'd like. As for people who are casually wearing retros just because they're trendy, that's another story.

i think somebody did mention that. said that he dont  wanna put $200 shoes through balling abuse. the ironic thing is.....theres are basketball sneakers lol. they just happen to be expensive ones.
Thats what i was saying. Anytime i see someone ballling in retros..they almost always suck and have no game

Last edited:
+1

Only time I might see someone hooping in retros as being corny is if they have zero game. Even then, it's their choice to wear their shoes when and however they'd like. As for people who are casually wearing retros just because they're trendy, that's another story.
Thats what i was trying to say because almost everytime i see someone balling in retros they suck and have no game so that person ends up looking like a complete douche

Thats what i was trying to say because almost everytime i see someone balling in retros they suck and have no game so that person ends up looking like a complete douche
I guess you kind of have a point. But then again, I would say there's just as many actual hoopers who rock retros, at least where I'm from.....But that also leaves way to the possibility that we're all trash??? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

it will probably go like usual on the restock for me on eastbay, but is there a full list of what's going up?

it will probably go like usual on the restock for me on eastbay, but is there a full list of what's going up?
Trophy 8's, Men only
Navy Gum 11 lows, both Men and GS
White Red 11 lows, both Men and GS
Maroon 6, Men only
Flu Game 12, both Men and GS
Gym Red 12, both Men and GS

Back
Top Bottom