OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

3-0 at half-time. Nice and easy.
pimp.gif

Fabregas scored again.

Lol... OF COURSE a big club like Chelski will get some sort of "life line" regarding their transfer ban... It was just a matter when they were gonnaannounce it.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Its really Arsenal and Chelsea, I don't see anyone else winning the league. Arsenal has played 2 of their toughest games, and being honest, should have beaten United.

Although losing Drogba, Essien, et al. to the ACON in January is going to hurt them. I'm not saying United doesn't have a shot, but champions dont lose to promoted teams, ask last year's Arsenal squad.
WOWWW you arsenal fans come out of the woodwork and keep saying garbage, forgetting about the last bad prediction you made. Im going to dig some dirt on you kid. Didnt Chelsea just lose to a promoted team? So that means Arsenal is goin to win the title according to your logic. sad, sad.
Wrong. They have lost at Villa and at Wigan. Give United credit for thrashing Wigan at the DW, but Wigan is a plucky team, Rodallega is a verygood player and if they can get
ahead, they are not a terrible squad.

If I was betting with even odds on all the teams, and my life was at stake, I would probably take Chelsea, but it will be tough for them to avoid the loss ofEssien and Drogba in January. Arsenal have played what I believe to be 2 of their 3 toughest games, and are unlucky not to at least taken a point from United. They got run off the field by City, but that too would have been a different game had the ref done the right thing and sent Adebayor off. Manu still have toplay at Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, and City, and at OT with Chelsea. You've got to take 18 points from the promoted teams if you want to win. TheChelsea-Man U game is obviously a big one this weekend, United has a chance to make a statement, but so does Chelsea.

Game time!

But
ohwell.gif
... they'll be lucky to get a draw... O'shea, Brown,Evans, Evra vs. on-form Drogba & Anelka... and Rooney alone up-front.

Man Utd. are virtually playing a 4-6-0 formation. Rooney is more of a utility midfielder than a striker so far.

Is Rooney an elite striker? No. Is he one of the most versatile attackers in the world? Yes.

I'm hoping for a draw as it'd be the optimal result for Arsenal. A draw and an Arsenal win next week puts Arsenal at the top.

eek.gif
studs-in-ribs for Drog... and he gets a yellow card for his troublestoo!

Poor tackle by Evans though...
smh.gif
Lucky boy.

This ref is an idiot. Johnny Evans destroyed Drogba, kicking him twice in the torso...Drogba was lying on the pitch for about 3 minutes receiving treatment andyet the ref gives Drogba a yellow card. Evans should've been red carded.

Edit: Terry just scored for Chelsea...Man Utd. crying to the refs...they've been talking a bit too much in this match. You usually dont see Man Utd.players whining this much.

why in the world did drogba get booked on that evans challenge??

game is getting better towards the end. and as i type that terry just scored!

Its a matter of the boy who cried wolf. Drogba rolls around on the ground in an act all the time, and this time when he actually did get hurt, the ref thoughtit was an act.

Come on...Evans absolutely deserves a red card.

This guy is a freakin' goon. Studs up tackle to Drogba's chest that takes Drogba out of the match and then he blatantly trips Carvalho from behindafter the whistle and gets away with a yellow card
indifferent.gif

WOW this game is getting outta control. Evans needs to see that yellow, retaliatory kick on carvalho. shouldve gotten that red in the first place.
wait i wrote too soon, theres that yellow

Who's that dude in the stands brushing his teeth!?

AND Valencia's stike ends up at the corner flag!
smh.gif

why is fletcher whining at every call the ref makes. dude out there intensely screaming at every whistle

Look I hate both these teams, but with 10 minutes left in the game, Carvalho shouldnt have been dribbing around after the whistle like that. And Drogba withhis history of diving deserved that card. He also deserved a card for that goal, he just pulled Evans down, creating a nice hole for Terry's header. Prettymuch every soccer fight i've seen has involved Chelsea or Joey Barton, they are obviously not the friendliest guys.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Who's that dude in the stands brushing his teeth!?

AND Valencia's stike ends up at the corner flag!
smh.gif
that dude was hilarious. we need a picture!!

it's a shame that United had to lose when they've actually played one of the better team performances this season...
ohwell.gif

they had a little more possession,more shots on goal,and 7 corners(Chelsea had none)...

but they clearly lacked sharpness in front of goal...Giggs was poor and Valencia didn't really pose a serious attacking threat down the wings...
commited needless fouls around the box...you can't do that against Chelsea...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

it's a shame that United had to lose when they've actually played one of the better team performances this season...
ohwell.gif

they had a little more possession,more shots on goal,and 7 corners(Chelsea had none)...

but they clearly lacked sharpness in front of goal...Giggs was poor and Valencia didn't really pose a serious attacking threat down the wings...
commited needless fouls around the box...you can't do that against Chelsea...
That's what United lacks to me, that killer instinct in front of goal. Rooney can't do it by himself, and Berbatov is very up and down,Owen certainly isnt the answer.

They really remind me of last year's Arsenal team. Van Persie was out injured a lot and we had no one who knew how to score. We'll see if SAF makes awinter splash like Arsene did last January. Thats the only way I see them contending for the title. That or injuries to Arsenal and the ACON really taking itstoll on Chel$ki.

laugh.gif
@ Darren Fletcher. Dude was mad as hell all match.

Now that the transfer ban has been suspended, I don't think people need to worry about the ACN from Chelsea's perspective. They will buy a topstriker if the opportunity is there. But they have the depth in defense to grind out wins. Alex is fit again and Ferrera has always done well whencalled upon. Belletti/Ballack can fill in for Essien, and Malouda/Cole/Zhirkov in attack will alleviate the weight on Anelka's shoulders. But Idon't think goals will be hard to come by regardless. We played w/o Essien and Drogba in the past and have performed well. I am excited to see howSturridge does as well as Di Santo who has looked good at Blackburn. CFC all day. Can the Gooners last past January?
laugh.gif

hey i was wondering if anyone here could help me? i'm going to be in uk for a month at the end of the month. i'm looking to getting tkts to a Chelseamatch and was wondering if anyone knows how hard it will be and what the easiest way to get them. thanks in advance

Anyone watching Birmingham-Pool on ESPN2 right now?

First Ngog comes through with a RIDIC volley after the keeper has made two great saves back to back.

Then Birmingham equalizes, and then takes the lead on an ABSURD shot from almost the midfield circle by Jerome. Goal of the year so far without a doubt IMO.Made Ngog's volley look pedestrian.

eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom