OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

new to watching the European leagues... what does it mean when a team gets relegated? is this common for most teams?

relegated means the team is sent down to the 2nd division, and the top team from the 2nd goes up to the 1st division..

its common for the sorry teams.

Originally Posted by Tinchy Stryder

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Wenger isn't going to offer more than 200 pounds and a Burger King coupon for Ribery.

I dont believe that rumor for a second.

I can see Ribery going to Real Madrid. There was a lot of talk in the summer about Ribery wanting to go to Real and Real making a serious offer but then the issue just 'died down'. Perhaps Bayern agreed to sell Ribery to Real this summer?

And there are rumors that Man Utd. may sell Berbatov this summer. Ferguson made a big mistake by bringing in Berbatov when they had Tevez. Yeah, they are two completely different players but one of them scored regularly for the club and helped them win the UCL while the other is a smarter and more tactical player who cost more money and hasn't produced at all.

IMO, Berbatov > Tevez, though.

If Fergie sells Berbatov this summer, I will not be suprised.
Berbatov is more skilled and an overall smarter player than Tevez but why replace a guy who scored 15 domestic goals a year earlier and started inalmost every single UCL match and helped you win that competition?

The fact is they brought Berbatov in to score goals for them and he has not done so at as prolific a rate as Tevez.
new to watching the European leagues... what does it mean when a team gets relegated? is this common for most teams?
At the end of the season, the 3 bottom teams in the league get demoted to the 2nd division while the 3 top teams from the 2nd division will moveup to the 1st division.

Berba's going for knee surgery(read this on soccernet.com)...
to be honest,he hasn't done anything much when he was fit anyway...
tired.gif

Rooney + Owen first team partnership from now on,perhaps?
but i'm sure we're gonna see Sir Alex stick another man in midfield with Rooney playing as a lone striker,even if that's not his best position...

^ i agree with you on Obertan...i've also said before that he has the skills and physique to succeed in the EPL...
at the moment,he lacks that killer ball and decisiveness in the last third of the pitch sometimes...
but i'm sure he should be able to overcome that once he gets more games under his belt...

with Obertan starting promisingly,i also do think that Nani's days are numbered...
Hargreaves is a world-class player when he's fit...and Tosic is still pretty new so i think Sir Alex might keep those two players for a while...

Tevez with 12 goals and 5 assists in 19 appearances (17 starts) this season. Man City have scored 42 goals in 20 matches.

Berbatov with 6 goals and 2 assists in 17 appearances (12 starts) this season. Man Utd have scored 46 goals in 21 matches.

Tevez has not only scored more goals than Berbatov but he has also played a more integral role in his club's offense than Berbatov has.

Good going Ferguson
eyes.gif

Its hard to criticize a manager that has won 300 trophies with Man Utd. but he dropped the ball on this one.

Carlitos Tevez has always been flying under the radar, he's been scoring an insane amount of goals lately but no one seems to ever give him the credit hedeserves, I mean Maradona barely even plays him on the national squad anymore and this is the kid that Diego went to watch every Sunday back when he played forBoca Juniors.

no hate on you Carlos Tevez,cos i really enjoy reading your posts in here...
but we need to move on from this "Sir Alex should've kept Tevez at United" talk...

Tevez's transfer to City wasn't 25mil like the media reported...whether you believe it or not,some sources said it was over 40mil...
i know Tevez is good,but 40+mil good?
eyes.gif

and i'm sure Sir Alex and especially the United board wasn't gonna have any of that Kia J ******...

for that kind of money,Berba is useless...we know,we know...
but hey,for every Solksjaer there will be a David Bellion...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

no hate on you Carlos Tevez,cos i really enjoy reading your posts in here...
but we need to move on from this "Sir Alex should've kept Tevez at United" talk...

Tevez's transfer to City wasn't 25mil like the media reported...whether you believe it or not,some sources said it was over 40mil...
i know Tevez is good,but 40+mil good?
eyes.gif

and i'm sure Sir Alex and especially the United board wasn't gonna have any of that Kia J ******...

for that kind of money,Berba is useless...we know,we know...
but hey,for every Solksjaer there will be a David Bellion...
ohwell.gif
According to reports it was around 25 mill. They bought Berbatov for 27 mill. If they didnt buy Berbatov in the first place then I'm sureTevez would've wanted to stay and his fee might've been less.

Anyways, you're right, its no longer that much of an issue. Even if they had Tevez starting for them right now I dont think it would've made up for theloss of Ronaldo.

As for Benetiz, he signed an extension last spring that'll keep him under contract until 2014 at 5 million pounds a year. That is probably the reason whyLiverpool havent sacked him.

Fernando Torres out for 6 weeks.

Gerrard out 2-3 weeks.

Benayoun out 3-4 weeks.

If it wasn't official before, it now is. Liverpool have no chance of finishing in the top 4 this season.

by the time Torres gets back into full fitness,his mind will be somewhere in South Africa...probably Gerrard as well...

Bumped for this week's fixtures...

Pompey fans will need to sit this one out... waterlogged pitch.

Damn, Toffees pulling City back down to earth right now... plus Robinho (the substitute) being substituted. He was really poor though.

It really concerns me that Craig Eastmond is subbing for Alex Song...its never good when you have to go to soccernet and look at the starting lineups to seewho one of your players is.

Well if it wasn't before, its officially a three-horse race. The next month will determine Arsenal's fate, Im pretty sure we play Villa, Chelsea,United, and Liverpool. At least this year we're a lock for 3rd and i would be much more confident if we had Van Persie available or coming back soon. Itsdefinitely Chelsea's to lose, with essentially a 4 point lead over United and a 3 point lead over Arsenal.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Its definitely Chelsea's to lose, with essentially a 4 point lead over United and a 3 point lead over Arsenal.
Chelsea is a very strong team,but they have every reason to feel worried...
Arsenal seems to be peaking towards this last stage of the league season and who knows what might happen...
and although United hasn't been playing regularly well,the players all want that unprecendented 4th straight EPL title badly...

i'm hoping for United to go all out and nick it...just to prove that Man Utd > Liverpool...

Back
Top Bottom