***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

Mat Gamel
glasses.gif
another young stud with star potential.

It's a shame for Weeks since he was off to a great start.

Welcome to the bigs Matthew Gamel, the next call up.....alcides escobar, avy check

and i love how braun just layed there after the catch......so cocky but i love it
laugh.gif

Rickie Weeks...
tired.gif

Dude was my favorite player on the team. Everyone game him crap, dude comes out in the new year straight ballin, and this happens, DAMMIT.

Idk though if you guys have heard of Gamel. Dude is supposed to be DAM good. Hopefully he can fill in and have a rookie year like Brauns
grin.gif

Good start for his debut...

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Welcome to the bigs Matthew Gamel, the next call up.....alcides escobar, avy check

and i love how braun just layed there after the catch......so cocky but i love it
laugh.gif
Braun just layed there because he couldnt believe he made a great defensive play. lol. really though, he is getting better out there.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Well after being swept by the Brewers I have no doubt the Cubs will sweep us as well
smh.gif
Chin up, man. I dont like to see you so depressed this early in the season. I like the give and take of a long baseball season, who knows whatwill happen?
On the other hand, I certainly hope that the Cubs can sweep.

We aren't really in the position to sweep anybody right now. Still got a lotta work to do.

But I was encouraged to see DLee swing the bat well in the last game vs Houston. Hope he can get a lil streak goin.

Well after being swept by the Brewers I have no doubt the Cubs will sweep us as well
smh.gif
We might win on Wednesday when carp is a possible starter and word now is that ankiel will possible be off the DL on wedensday........with ludwickfollowing on the 28th.

It just goes to show how much 1-2 players can effect an entire lineup. Now pitching is a different story, Lohse has a problem right now, but i think theoffense slump has his confidence shot right now.

Wainwright pitched a gem but the offense didnt come through, i think he is back to form after finding out what the problem was. Hopefully carp looks the sameas the first 2 games he pitched this season...........This will given the bullpen some relief and with the bats being back in the lineup for the month of june,i think we might be able to come back to aprils form.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Best feeling in the world is sitting with a bunch of Cubs fans and singing "Hey Chicago, what do ya say..." after a W in St. Louis!!!
Amen - but they won't serve you at Mike Shannon's afterwards if you keep singing it. Truth!

CP1708, I'm also happy to see Lee hitting at or over his weight now. Hope Micah's hot bat keeps him on his heels.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Best feeling in the world is sitting with a bunch of Cubs fans and singing "Hey Chicago, what do ya say..." after a W in St. Louis!!!
Amen - but they won't serve you at Mike Shannon's afterwards if you keep singing it. Truth!

CP1708, I'm also happy to see Lee hitting at or over his weight now. Hope Micah's hot bat keeps him on his heels.
Dereks AVG went up about 20 or 30 points after going 4 for 5 and we all know he can get really hot for a few games in a row. I think that Micahhas forced Derek to develop an edge and fight for his position, however, i always thought the talk about moving Micah into the starting spot at first wasridiculous.

Dereks AVG went up about 20 or 30 points after going 4 for 5 and we all know he can get really hot for a few games in a row. I think that Micah has forced Derek to develop an edge and fight for his position, however, i always thought the talk about moving Micah into the starting spot at first was ridiculous.

Agreed. D Lee has earned his stripes.
I keep switching btw the Cubs/Cards and the Nugs working the Lakers 1st qtr. I think Lilly has thrown about double the amount of pitches that Piniero has.

Ive stayed in stl all my life and have never been to mike shannons in my life............although i heard their dinners are 30-50 a piece, in which case iwouldn't wanna go anyway)

IF ANYONE IS IN STL.....MAKE SURE YOU VISIT LOTTAWATTA CREEK IN FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, IL.

Its only about 10-15 minutes away.......one of the best places to eat in stl (Dont get an appetizer unless you want it as a meal..........they give you wayyyytoo much of everything)

Pineiro with the complete game shut out of the cubs...............THATS gotta be a confidence booster right there.

Ended the game with a strikeout of Soriano.......Couldnt have thought of a better ending to a loosing streak.

Well that was disappointing. Cubs bats have got to do better and help Lilly out a little.

I am not excited about yesterdays win at all, after getting swept by the Pirates and the Brewers; I am calling yesterdays win a fluke.

No diagnosis yet for Votto's dizziness

CINCINNATI -- For now, the reasons behind Reds first baseman Joey Votto's dizziness will continue to keep everyone in suspense.

Votto, who was out of the lineup again for Cincinnati's series opener against Philadelphia, saw more doctors Tuesday, but declined to discuss his condition. All that is known is he has more doctor visits on the docket.

"Joey has undergone a series of tests at the Scripps Clinic in San Diego and here in Cincinnati, and we have more tests scheduled over the next few days," Reds head trainer Mark Mann said in a statement released by the club. "After those additional tests, we will be more prepared to discuss the cause of his dizziness."

In other words, no one knows yet why Votto has been dizzy.

Votto's health issues began May 7, when he missed four straight starts because of the flu. On May 12 at Arizona, he had to leave in the middle of a game when he felt dizzy and missed the next game. The 25-year-old became dizzy again during Saturday's game at San Diego and had to leave.

Although he did not play Sunday, Votto again experienced dizziness after the game against the Padres and was held back in San Diego for more tests.

Votto has been the biggest cog in the Reds' lineup this season. In 32 games, he is batting .366 with five home runs and 27 RBIs. On Tuesday, Adam Rosales started at first base.

smh.gif

^
Damn man, hope that kid is alright. Get better Joey V.
tired.gif

I was busy last night with another game, but we obviously didn't do well vs StL. Better get it together tonight guys.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Damn man, hope that kid is alright. Get better Joey V.
tired.gif

I was busy last night with another game, but we obviously didn't do well vs StL. Better get it together tonight guys.
smh.gif
Yep seeing the Hawks and Cubs lose in the same night doesn't sit well. I hope the bats explode tonight.

Yep seeing the Hawks lose and the Lakers win in the same night doesn't sit well. I hope the bats explode tonight.
Fixed
pimp.gif

Ayo, settle down wit that. Lakers winnin is the only thing keeping me goin right now.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom