...::::Official 2010 MLB N.L. Central Thread::::...

Cubs win arbitration case with Theriot.
MESA, Ariz. -- Ryan Theriot lost his arbitration case but still came out a winner.

The Cubs won their arbitration case with the shortstop and will pay him$2.6 million this season, the team announced Saturday. Theriot, whomade $500,000 last year, was seeking $3.4 million. Even though he lost,he will still get a significant raise.

The two sides had a hearing Friday in Tampa, Fla. This was thefirst time Theriot, 30, was arbitration-eligible, and the first timethe Cubs had a hearing since 1993.

"We've always paid players what's fair," Cubs general manager JimHendry said Saturday. "I think those of you who know us know wewould've never been in Tampa unless I thought we'd reached the highestlevel of fairness.

"I'm not mad at Ryan for wanting to go [to arbitration],"Hendry said. "He has every right to put himself on the other side ofthe philosophical midpoint."

Hendry and Theriot have known each other for 10 years, and thetwo talked before the hearing. The shortstop was expected to be in Cubscamp Monday when position players report.

"He's being compensated what I thought was a fair number tobegin with," said Hendry, who was back at Fitch Park in Mesa. "He'll befine."

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Cubs win arbitration case with Theriot.
MESA, Ariz. -- Ryan Theriot lost his arbitration case but still came out a winner.

The Cubs won their arbitration case with the shortstop and will pay him$2.6 million this season, the team announced Saturday. Theriot, whomade $500,000 last year, was seeking $3.4 million. Even though he lost,he will still get a significant raise.

The two sides had a hearing Friday in Tampa, Fla. This was thefirst time Theriot, 30, was arbitration-eligible, and the first timethe Cubs had a hearing since 1993.

"We've always paid players what's fair," Cubs general manager JimHendry said Saturday. "I think those of you who know us know wewould've never been in Tampa unless I thought we'd reached the highestlevel of fairness.

"I'm not mad at Ryan for wanting to go [to arbitration],"Hendry said. "He has every right to put himself on the other side ofthe philosophical midpoint."

Hendry and Theriot have known each other for 10 years, and thetwo talked before the hearing. The shortstop was expected to be in Cubscamp Monday when position players report.

"He's being compensated what I thought was a fair number tobegin with," said Hendry, who was back at Fitch Park in Mesa. "He'll befine."

Love the dudes last name, that is about it though
tongue.gif

As always it will be close in the NL Central. I'm sure like every year it will be just games between each other. Team I'm worried about the most this year is Reds. But I'm sure Dusty Baker will screw it up
wink.gif

I'm a Brewers fan, are big problem is pitching. That's not a good problem to have
tired.gif
It's to early to tell if the pitchers we picked up will do anything worth while.

Can't wait for the season to start. I'll be taking a road trip for a Cardinal Brewer game. I haven't been to the New Busch Stadium yet. I haven't been to St Louis for 5+ years. So can any Cardinals fans have any pointers on seat locations and food spots to hit up? Please PM or e-mail me at airmaxone@gmail.com Thanks

^I have been to new Busch once and it was during the WS so I did't roam around too much. I just picked up some legit tickets for when the Mariners are in St. Louis.

FIRST B0RN, I got tix in the "commissioners box". You know anything about the seats, Isupposedly get to view batting practice from the field with the tix and there is complimentary food and beer brought to us seatside.Can't wait to get back to Busch and watch the Cards crush the M's. I amgonna head to Chicago and hit Wrigley for the my first time that weekalso.

Dont know anything about the commissioners box......Its probably the ones right behind home plate though.

am one.....It really depends on how much you are trying to spend. I usually get tickets in the bleachers...........They are only about $15 per ticket if you get them off of stub hub.

There is also a promotion that the radio station in stl does every home game where you can buy 2 tickets @ $5.50 a piece (you can only buy a pair).

What they will do is give you a ticket to get through one of the gates and hand you an envelope when you enter that has 2 tickets in it...........The tickets can be anywhere from behind the plate to the nose bleed sections (Or standing room only) I did it a few years ago and got tickets on the 3rd base line/Field level.

Stub hub and ebay should be where you get your tickets though......They are always cheaper that buying from the stadium.

stl_logo.png

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lets DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the core players can stay healthy again........if they do....this should be a good year. (hopefully matt has learned how to catch fly balls this off season.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Stub hub and ebay should be where you get your tickets though......They are always cheaper that buying from the stadium.

Say what? Really?

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Say what? Really?

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!

I still dont understand how people can sell them for under retail.......like, how can scalpers make money off of these tickets.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

20261_640536827212_31114480_37280790_4524275_n.jpg

20261_640536762342_31114480_37280788_76348_n.jpg

20261_640536637592_31114480_37280787_6088996_n.jpg

I'm ready. 
pimp.gif

Its a shame that you are paying that much to watch the cubs loose.....you shoulda just went to a bar so you will be ready to get @##! faced after another depressing loss....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

J/k man.......a good day at the ballpark is priceless......win or loose.

Ahhhh...Getting off to a good start.

and the Alcides Escobar era begins

Brewers O will be dominant while the staring pitching and bullpen will lose us games...

cant wait

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

fa015ae5399b66a04e63e42d3243b533c864a90.pjpg

6e615ce933936aa8738252cfa1c5f20592fa253.pjpg

I'm ready. 
pimp.gif
why not get the jersey of a player thats still with the team?

I swear i would retire any jersey where the player left the team.......ALMOST got a holliday jersey last year cause i pretty much knew we werent gonna let him go.......THEN this fool changed his number.

for one...i've been stalking that jersey forever.  but to answer your question, i'd love a Brandon Phillips authentic alternate (the red one), but the minute i drop that cash on it...we'd trade him.  was damn close to buying a Hamilton jersey two years ago...

I just buy the authentics with no names on the back. Just the logo. Have my red spring training/batting practice jersey, and the red alternate.
pimp.gif

Nice Jr. jersey though Cat.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

and the Alcides Escobar era begins

Brewers O will be dominant while the starting pitching and bullpen will lose us games...

cant wait

Being honest with yourself is key. Good work.

Like the swallows instinctively flocking to Capastrano, I, somehow, visit NT for the first time in 6 months, 2 days after this thread is started.

Hopefully the Cubs can get these big money guys to play like big money guys. I hope Lilly will be himself after this surgery. I think he will, he is such a bulldog.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Like the swallows instinctively flocking to Capastrano, I, somehow, visit NT for the first time in 6 months, 2 days after this thread is started.

Hopefully the Cubs can get these big money guys to play like big money guys. I hope Lilly will be himself after this surgery. I think he will, he is such a bulldog.

laugh.gif

It's funny 'cause its true...

oh god, here we go again
tired.gif
cant even buy a pirates jersey unless its blank, i'd only get to wear a players jersey for about one season
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

oh god, here we go again
tired.gif
cant even buy a pirates jersey unless its blank, i'd only get to wear a players jersey for about one season
eyes.gif

frown.gif
/hug

Comcast had a brief expose on Cubs spring training last night. Geo came into camp 2 weeks early and 40 pounds lighter!
eek.gif
I hope this will help that over manicured, tub-o-lard play like he did his rookie season.

Geo and Z both slim = off steroids? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Remember a few years ago every player came back bulked up, now they all come in losing weight. 
laugh.gif
  I see you fat boys. 

Prince F boutta come in slim at 350. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Geo and Z both slim = off steroids? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Remember a few years ago every player came back bulked up, now they all come in losing weight. 
laugh.gif
  I see you fat boys. 

Prince F boutta come in slim at 350. 
pimp.gif
QFT All of it.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom