Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

pimp.gif
@ throw and tag

Jesus Zito. Take him out. @%@$. Guess we should have taken him out for his last at bat.

Originally Posted by dland24

Wow. Taking him out already? I dont like the call.
EDIT- nevermind.  
laugh.gif
Cant walk the pitcher after Bochy lets  you hit smh

Got to be rooting for the Phillies tomorrow so that we'll be in the playoffs for sure. I'm not as confident as I was once was when the series started that the Giants will be able to get it done on their own.

I mean that is the situation, the Braves lose today, lose tommorow, we are in correct?? No experts have been talking about this scenario at all so far. I have confidence in Sanchez tommorow, gotta back up his words in a big way to guarantee our spot in.

Originally Posted by ****dog16

I mean that is the situation, the Braves lose today, lose tommorow, we are in correct?? No experts have been talking about this scenario at all so far. I have confidence in Sanchez tommorow, gotta back up his words in a big way to guarantee our spot in.

Yeah, 91 wins>90 wins

Scenarios as I see it:

Giants win, Braves win= Giants win division, Braves win Wild card

Giants win, Braves lose = Pads vs. Braves for the WC on monday night

Giants lose, Braves win = Pads win division, Braves win WC

Giants lose, Braves lose, Pads win the Division, Giants win WC

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Scenarios as I see it:

Giants win, Braves win= Giants win division, Braves win Wild card

Giants win, Braves lose = Pads vs. Braves for the WC on monday night

Giants lose, Braves win = Pads win division, Braves win WC

Giants lose, Braves lose, Pads win the Division, Giants win WC
The last two are incorrect. Here's how it goes:

Outcome No.3: Giants lose, Braves lose

The Braves are 90-72 and are eliminated. The Giants and Padres tie atop the NL West at 91-71, and both clinch postseason berths on the same field (!!!). The Padres are awarded the NL West title without a tiebreaker because they captured the season series against the Giants. Thus, the Giants enter as the wild card. (The Giants would begin an NLDS Wednesday against the Phillies while the Padres would get the Reds.)

Outcome No.4: Giants lose, Braves win

OK, now this is the crazy part. The Giants, Padres and Braves would finish with identical 91-71 records, necessitating a tiebreaker game for the NL West that would be held Monday at San Diego. (Time TBA.) The winner Monday would be NL West champ. The loser would be forced to play a second tiebreaker game Tuesday at Atlanta for the wild card. (The rules governing NLDS matchups are the same. The Phillies get the wild card winner, unless it’s the Braves. In that case, the Phillies get the Reds and the NL West winner will face the Braves.)

The Braves-Phillies game tomorrow starts at 10:35 a.m., so the Giants could clinch a playoff spot before Jonathan Sanchez throws the first pitch against the Padres at 1:05 p.m. I’m told yes, strange as it might sound, the Giants would have the usual champagne celebration if they back their way in as the wild card.

Back
Top Bottom