Official 2011 Wimbledon Thread (vol. start on the last page)

Originally Posted by aepps20

laugh.gif
My dude Hannsum is going in. Nadal's style is already wearing his body down which is why I don't see him passing Fed
buddy on 10 already though.

Feds reign as goat could be short lived... especially considering the head to head record
30t6p3b.gif

If this guy never existed Roger would have 20+ slams easy
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

laugh.gif
My dude Hannsum is going in. Nadal's style is already wearing his body down which is why I don't see him passing Fed
buddy on 10 already though.

Feds reign as goat could be short lived... especially considering the head to head record
30t6p3b.gif

If this guy never existed Roger would have 20+ slams easy
frown.gif
laugh.gif

I agree it is just that guys like Djoker, DelPo, and Murray can beat Rafa when he's not 100 percent healthy. Rafa's physical style of play is destroying his body and as soon as he loses some of his speed and stamina he'll be in trouble. I haven't seen him play a full year without his knees flaring up.

I agree it is just that guys like Djoker, DelPo, and Murray can beat Rafa when he's not 100 percent healthy. Rafa's physical style of play is destroying his body and as soon as he loses some of his speed and stamina he'll be in trouble. I haven't seen him play a full year without his knees flaring up.

laugh.gif
Hannsum... so heated.

I think Rafa's already been working on ending the points earlier. He's been coming in a bit more and playing with a bit more aggression, more than what we've seen over the past few years. Still, he's running more than the average player and covering more ground.

Djoker is playing a similar style nowadays, as his movement and court-coverage has improved at a ridiculous rate. He's suddenly become one of the best movers in the game, if not the best. I read somewhere that Djoker took up yoga, so the assumed flexibility improvement from yoga should help.

Cris ~ Hard to say how many so-and-so would have won if so-and-so had never existed... That's why I don't like using the term GOAT, especially in tennis. Too much has changed over the years, from the equipment and the courts, to the conditioning and physical attributes of the players. Best of an era, yes, but not of all time.

laugh.gif
Hannsum... so heated.

I think Rafa's already been working on ending the points earlier. He's been coming in a bit more and playing with a bit more aggression, more than what we've seen over the past few years. Still, he's running more than the average player and covering more ground.

Djoker is playing a similar style nowadays, as his movement and court-coverage has improved at a ridiculous rate. He's suddenly become one of the best movers in the game, if not the best. I read somewhere that Djoker took up yoga, so the assumed flexibility improvement from yoga should help.

Cris ~ Hard to say how many so-and-so would have won if so-and-so had never existed... That's why I don't like using the term GOAT, especially in tennis. Too much has changed over the years, from the equipment and the courts, to the conditioning and physical attributes of the players. Best of an era, yes, but not of all time.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

laugh.gif
Hannsum... so heated.

I think Djokovic has always been a good mover. He been doing the splits for as long as i can remember 
laugh.gif
... His problem was that he used to break down either mentally or hit the wall with fatigue. I'm guessing he's corrected that somewhat looking at his record this year.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

laugh.gif
Hannsum... so heated.

I think Djokovic has always been a good mover. He been doing the splits for as long as i can remember 
laugh.gif
... His problem was that he used to break down either mentally or hit the wall with fatigue. I'm guessing he's corrected that somewhat looking at his record this year.

He's always been a good mover, but even a better mover now. It's been talked about quite a bit, ever since he got onto that "gluten-free" diet, he's been holding up physically a lot better. Of course, there were other factors as well, I'm sure... not just a diet.

Anyway, this is old, but I always get a good chuckle out of it...

He's always been a good mover, but even a better mover now. It's been talked about quite a bit, ever since he got onto that "gluten-free" diet, he's been holding up physically a lot better. Of course, there were other factors as well, I'm sure... not just a diet.

Anyway, this is old, but I always get a good chuckle out of it...

x999.jpg

758856615_1cfe673561.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

A good look at Roger's racquet...

Gut in the mains, Lux in the crosses

3 power-pads in the bottom-3 grommets.

String-savers on the 4th and 6th crosses.

Standard 16x19 string pattern.

1000x.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

1000x.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Julia "don't call me gorgous" Goerges 
laugh.gif
[/font]

1000x.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Love these...[/font]

x999.jpg

x999.jpg
[/font]

1000x.jpg
[/font]

x999.jpg

758856615_1cfe673561.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

A good look at Roger's racquet...

Gut in the mains, Lux in the crosses

3 power-pads in the bottom-3 grommets.

String-savers on the 4th and 6th crosses.

Standard 16x19 string pattern.

1000x.jpg

[/font]

1000x.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Julia "don't call me gorgous" Goerges 
laugh.gif
[/font]

1000x.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Love these...[/font]

x999.jpg

x999.jpg
[/font]

1000x.jpg
[/font]

Yeah, just saw the draw... wide, wide open for Murray.  Should look good for the semis.
x800.jpg
x800.jpg

x800.jpg
x800.jpg

Yeah, just saw the draw... wide, wide open for Murray.  Should look good for the semis.
x800.jpg
x800.jpg

x800.jpg
x800.jpg

I say this every time he loses but Andy is and has done all that he can to improve his game and I think it's time everyone acknowledges that he's a solid player with an above average weapon. He's gained and lost weight, tried to become more aggressive off the ground, hired and fired tons of coaches, etc

I say this every time he loses but Andy is and has done all that he can to improve his game and I think it's time everyone acknowledges that he's a solid player with an above average weapon. He's gained and lost weight, tried to become more aggressive off the ground, hired and fired tons of coaches, etc

Dude's playing really well today... and his touch at the net has been fantastic. Can't outlast Muzz though.
800x.jpg

And the lovely Kim Sears

x999.jpg

Also, Rafa had a medical time-out right before the rain-delay.  He had slipped in the previous game and might have tweaked his knee, thigh, or hip... Don't know the specifics yet.  Watch this space. 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom