Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

I really want these, but spending $175 for them is really discouraging.  Especially since I had bought the Charcoals for $100 with tax 2 years ago from FNL.

The Charcoals came out in September of 2010, Finish Line had them on sale in December.for $109.

I really want these, but spending $175 for them is really discouraging.  Especially since I had bought the Charcoals for $100 with tax 2 years ago from FNL.

The Charcoals came out in September of 2010, Finish Line had them on sale in December.for $109.
I actually got the charcoals from my local FTL on sale for $110 and a $30 off coupon and ended up paying just $73. STEAL!

I remember buying these while I was in hs...kinda want them for nostalgia purposes...i remember the midsoles paint chipping really bad on my pair.

I actually got the charcoals from my local FTL on sale for $110 and a $30 off coupon and ended up paying just $73. STEAL!
 How did you calculate that? $110-$30=$80 with no tax.
laugh.gif

Does anyone know why NDC is straying from the "twitter link only" for this release, and other upcoming releases? 

How did you calculate that? $110-$30=$80 with no tax.:lol:
My bad it was early in the morning bro haha.
But yeah I remember it came out to $73. So I think the price was below $110. I just remember getting them for $73

Will not get theses ;; I don't see all the hype around 9s

I lived in DC for about 5 years. First few years out there Jordan only owned the Wizards, then in 2002 he decided to play for the Wizards and he wore these (Cool Grey Jordan 9), that is what the hype is about. Wether you are someone like myself who grew up watching Jordan since the 80's or a yonger person who washed his hightlights or latter part of his career or have older people in your life who put you on to Jordan, ya already the shoes that the man Jordan himself wore in games is going to sell. I'll be the first to admit if he didn't play in these I would just stick to my OG collection, then again he never wore any of the OG colors in a game, so I'd say it makes this Cool Greay colorway even more special, being the only Jordan 9 he wore in game.

Last edited:
people are sleeping on these here in Houston. Picked up a size 12 & 13 ticket with ease.

I lived in DC for about 5 years. First few years out there Jordan only owned the Wizards, then in 2002 he decided to play for the Wizards and he wore these (Cool Grey Jordan 9), that is what the hype is about. Wether you are someone like myself who grew up watching Jordan since the 80's or a yonger person who washed his hightlights or latter part of his career or have older people in your life who put you on to Jordan, ya already the shoes that the man Jordan himself wore in games is going to sell. I'll be the first to admit if he didn't play in these I would just stick to my OG collection, then again he never wore any of the OG colors in a game, so I'd say it makes this Cool Greay colorway even more special, being the only Jordan 9 he wore in game.
smokin.gif
 damnnnn right *shaft voice* these are the ish.! must haves.! and THEJISBACK's knowledge is on point.! after reading this, I bet a lot of people want em now.! smh, yal sad.!

I will also admit the fact that these are the first Jordan 9's that Jordan played in at times I find myself calling these, because yes although a retro, they are still in a sense OG colorway.

:smokin  damnnnn right *shaft voice* these are the ish.! must haves.! and THEJISBACK's knowledge is on point.! after reading this, I bet a lot of people want em now.! smh, yal sad.!

Haha, good look homie. For that very reason I wanted to make sure my pair was on lock before I said it though! Lol! :lol:

Haha, good look homie. For that very reason I wanted to make sure my pair was on lock before I said it though! Lol! 
laugh.gif

I did the same thing here, everyone looks at me for shoe info but I never said a thing until I got my ticket.!

Last edited:
people are sleeping on these here in Houston. Picked up a size 12 & 13 ticket with ease.

I just picked up a ticket at The Woodlands mall. They are doing the raffle and not e guaranteed tickets like the Footlocker website says. The girl said the XI will be the same way next week.

Good to see people being able to cop that actually want the shoe :smokin

Last edited:
Picked up ticket no problem here in N.O. at FTA was 3rd in line and maybe 3 behind me I was really surprised. They sleeping on em for da playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom