Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

He won't stay but as long as Lowry isn't in a deal, what are the Rockets really giving up except for shedding contracts off the books.

Why the hell would the Lakers do that trade
laugh.gif

They're not trying to trade Pau for the sake of trading him

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Just made up this trade:

LAKERS GET:

Jameer Nelson
Hedo Turkoglu
JJ Redick

CELTICS GET:

Pau Gasol

MAGIC GET:

Rajon Rondo.

Magic get a player to pair with Dwight

Lakers finally trade Gasol, and get their PG they are looking for

Celtics make the rumors true and acquire Pau.

No way in hell LA does that trade.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I can't for the life of me figure out why the Rockets want to do that... He won't stay there. He doesn't make them a title contender. Stupid.
In the case of Warriors/Rockets, like Franchise3 said, if they are getting rid of guys that really aren't there to try and make them contenders, what's the big deal?

Getting rid of guys like Scola/Kevin Martin isn't that impactful to their future, is it?

If they trade Lowry, I think that's a huge mistake.

Same with the Warriors,  they can get rid of Lee/Biedrins/Monta maybe, while having less clutter to deal with later.

Both teams are in the worst spot you can be in. You're a fringe-playoff team, with no championship aspirations, why not make a splash and at least make a run of it, and start fresh?

FF, why would the Lakers trade Pau for Jameer Nelson, a terrible contract, and JJ Redick?

I'd almost rather have Raymond Felton.

Nah, nevermind, no I wouldn't.
laugh.gif

Lakers can go ahead and have Jason Kidd.
laugh.gif

I don't see why the Celtics would get rid of their most valuable player for a guy they have KG, Wilcox, and Bass for.

Even then, I don't think Dwight stays with Rondo, even though he's easily the best player he'd ever played with on the Magic.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Just made up this trade:

LAKERS GET:

Jameer Nelson
Hedo Turkoglu
JJ Redick

CELTICS GET:

Pau Gasol

MAGIC GET:

Rajon Rondo.

Magic get a player to pair with Dwight

Lakers finally trade Gasol, and get their PG they are looking for

Celtics make the rumors true and acquire Pau.
Lakers/Celtics would never do this. They just toss Gasol out the door for Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu's Enormous Contract, and Redick? I don't think even Lakers management would just trade him for the hell of it.
Also Ainge has stated Rondo is not being traded. 
happy.gif

Magic getting close to Dwight decision; Nets in lead

The Orlando Magic are coming to grips with the reality that they will have to trade Dwight Howard before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline, and Howard's preferred team -- the Nets -- are emerging as the most likely trade partner, league sources told CBSSports.com.

Magic GM Otis Smith was taking calls Tuesday and trying to gage what the best offer will be in a potential Howard deal. No final decision has been made, and potential trade partners have not been apprised of what the Magic ultimately will do, sources said.

Golden State and Houston remained the most serious so-called "rental" teams pursuing Howard and hoping to persuade him to commit to them, although numerous teams were circling with offers and making their due diligence calls about the premier center in the NBA. Given the risk of Howard leaving as a free agent after a trade, it would be even more risky for a new team to give up assets for Howard than it would be for Orlando to dare him to walk this summer.

Nonetheless, Warriors owner Joe Lacob shot down a potential trade that would've sent Andrew Bogut from Milwaukee to Golden State and Monta Ellis to Orlando, sources told CBSSports.com Tuesday. The scenario was part of the Magic's efforts to acquire a top-flight talent in the hopes that Howard would stay, but Lacob wanted to preserve his own slim chances of getting Howard rather than help Orlando keep him.

All signs continue to point to Howard, 26, wanting to land in Brooklyn next season with Deron Williams. "I think he wants that big market," said a person apprised of Howard's plans. Teams inquiring about Howard in recent days have been told, yet again, that his No. 1 choice is the Nets, who will open a new arena in Brooklyn next season.

In terms of global marketing and exposure, Howard is said to have been convinced by his representation that "there's no place in the world he can do it like New York," according to a person briefed on his strategy. Part of the end game would be a contract renewal with Adidas -- a deal that, if Howard were in the New York market, is expected to exceed the approximately $200 million arrangement Derrick Rose recently signed with the shoe company.

Howard's desire to land in Brooklyn defies the logic of several rival general managers and at least one prominent agent who continue to believe that the Dallas Mavericks should not be ruled out as a landing spot for both Howard and Williams after July 1. The Mavs would have to slash their payroll to the bone, ridding themselves of Brendan Haywood, Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom and Vince Carter in order to come close to enough room to sign two max players. But as one prominent agent said of Mavs owner Mark Cuban: "He's a smart guy. He'll figure it out."

The Lakers were the third team that Howard's agent, Dan Fegan of Lagadere Unlimited, was given permission to speak with about a trade before the season. They remain on the periphery and shouldn't be ruled out from re-entering the fray over the next 48 hours, sources said.

Still, it appears that the only thing Howard wants more than Brooklyn is the chance to go there as a free agent without the team giving up assets to acquire him. The Nets likely would surrender a package centered around 7-footer Brook Lopez, promising rookie MarShon Brooks and some filler to account for taking on the contract of Magic swingman Hedo Turkoglu, who is guaranteed $18 million over the next two seasons. The Nets have two first-round picks to offer -- their own, and Houston's, which is top-14 protected in each of the next five drafts.

Meanwhile, the Nets are aggressively exploring potential payroll-shedding deals in the event the Magic hang onto Howard and New Jersey can get him as a free agent in July. A fairly minor deal for an expiring contract would free up enough room to pair Howard with Williams and re-sign Lopez, who is set to become a restricted free agent July 1.
Link

New Jersey would be so stupid to do this... He won't re-sign anywhere besides there of the realistic trade partners... Ride out this year and make your play during the offseason when you still have your younger core to help fill in around those two.

I'm curious to see if the Nets DO trade for Dwight, if both of them are like screw this, this team is dismantled, and then go and try to hop onto a team with cap space like Dallas. There's no reason on playing in Brooklyn if it's just going to be Deron/Dwight, what pieces can you grab next year that are worth a damn?

I mean I guess you can ask Ray Allen or KG, JET or Kidd, to join your team in Brooklyn, but I don't know. I feel like if the Nets do trade for Dwight, that's a mistake. Let him hit free agency, there's no where that he'll get traded that he would re-sign. No where.

I'm starting to lean towards the fact that he's ending up in Jersey by this summer, and they both stay there.

That would be hilarious if Howard gets traded in the middle of this game. His check out would be epic
laugh.gif

Why in the hell would New Jersey keep Brook Lopez around? As what, a PF?

Didn't anyone learn when they re-signed Marcin Gortat?

Stupid. Dwight is the most durable Center in the league. You ride with him. You don't need Brook Lopez's salary to eat up any more of the valuable space you need. Sign KG or Ray Allen instead.

I have a feeling Brook Lopez is going to get overpaid somewhere, don't let it be in your pockets, Nets..
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This legit??

@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources have been told it will be Luol Deng and Joakim Noah to the Lakers for Gasol and a 2nd Rd.

I don't see that anywhere on his timeline. If anything, it was just the rumored trade.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

That would be hilarious if Howard gets traded in the middle of this game. His check out would be epic
laugh.gif

i would die if he got traded midgame, found out somehow and just walked off the court in the middle of play...then showed up the next night in Jersey on some WWF steez...

JR: OH MAAHHH GAWD WHATS DWIGHT HOWARD DOING HERE?!

I kind of want Dwight to be traded to NJ just to see him possibly play against the Magic on Friday in Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom