Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Im sure one day Harbaugh can/will be a successful NFL coach. I would just rather not have our team as the team he tries to establish a career with. Give me someone proven. PLEASE. 

By PROVEN are you referring to winning a Super Bowl??

Ideally yes.  But even if he hasnt won a superbowl, someone who has successfully run a team and has some NFL pedigree (Jeff Fisher).
Of the 12 teams in the playoffs only 2 coaches had previous head coaching exp, Pete carroll & Bill belichick

Jeff fisher would be a terrible idea in SF, I'd rather have Marvin Lewis, then a 17 year 6 playoff appearance
sick.gif
coach like Jeff fisher

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Im sure one day Harbaugh can/will be a successful NFL coach. I would just rather not have our team as the team he tries to establish a career with. Give me someone proven. PLEASE. 

By PROVEN are you referring to winning a Super Bowl??

Ideally yes.  But even if he hasnt won a superbowl, someone who has successfully run a team and has some NFL pedigree (Jeff Fisher).
Of the 12 teams in the playoffs only 2 coaches had previous head coaching exp, Pete carroll & Bill belichick

Jeff fisher would be a terrible idea in SF, I'd rather have Marvin Lewis, then a 17 year 6 playoff appearance
sick.gif
coach like Jeff fisher

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

am i the only one who doesnt want harbaugh?
Been vocally against it as well.  I want some experience.  I will however change my opinion and wording slightly.  Here we go....

I am against us hiring Harbaugh, UNLESS we are unable to get Gruden, Cowher, Billick, Fisher or any other experienced coach.

Been vocally against it as well.  I want some experience.  I will however change my opinion and wording slightly.  Here we go....

I am against us hiring Harbaugh, UNLESS we are unable to get Gruden, Cowher, Billick, Fisher or any other experienced coach.

Harbaugh, Lombardi could be the one-two punch in San Fran

Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2011, 4:03 PM EST

Not long before Rosenthal posted a recent item regarding the possible inability of potential 49ers G.M. Trent Baalke and potential head coach Jim Harbaugh to coexist, a league source was expressing to us a very strong feeling/hunch that Harbaugh would be paired not with Baalke but with NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi.

“Lombardi and Harbaugh have a close relationship,

Not long before Rosenthal posted a recent item regarding the possible inability of potential 49ers G.M. Trent Baalke and potential head coach Jim Harbaugh to coexist, a league source was expressing to us a very strong feeling/hunch that Harbaugh would be paired not with Baalke but with NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi.

word. i doubt cowher will come down and coach us but i could see billick and fisher.

word. i doubt cowher will come down and coach us but i could see billick and fisher.

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

SI's
Peter King reports that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh will choose between
the 49ers and the University of Michigan for his next job.

It appears Oakland and Carolina can forget about the hottest coaching
candidate in college and pro football. King mentioned Jeff Fisher as a
fall-back plan in San Francisco should new GM Trent Baalke not be able
to keep Harbaugh from his alma mater. The Wolverines haven't fired Rich
Rodriguez, although there's no question they would if they knew they
could land Harbaugh
Imagine if we landed both Harbaugh and Luck.  I wouldnt mind Mallet,  pass rusher or one of the top 2 CBs

Yet another clue that the FO has NO IDEA what they're doing. They need to look for a GM that HAS A PLAN of what he wants to do. Fisher and Harbaugh are TWO DIFFERENT types of coaches.

This will not end well.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

SI's
Peter King reports that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh will choose between
the 49ers and the University of Michigan for his next job.

It appears Oakland and Carolina can forget about the hottest coaching
candidate in college and pro football. King mentioned Jeff Fisher as a
fall-back plan in San Francisco should new GM Trent Baalke not be able
to keep Harbaugh from his alma mater. The Wolverines haven't fired Rich
Rodriguez, although there's no question they would if they knew they
could land Harbaugh
Imagine if we landed both Harbaugh and Luck.  I wouldnt mind Mallet,  pass rusher or one of the top 2 CBs

Yet another clue that the FO has NO IDEA what they're doing. They need to look for a GM that HAS A PLAN of what he wants to do. Fisher and Harbaugh are TWO DIFFERENT types of coaches.

This will not end well.

I can't wait for next season to start back up again and for the usual suspects to praise this team as a playoff contender.

laugh.gif

This team is still a long way.

I can't wait for next season to start back up again and for the usual suspects to praise this team as a playoff contender.

laugh.gif

This team is still a long way.

What you guys think about gabbert????

im Biased because i live in MO and im a mizzou fan........but he is big and has a great arm.

He isnt as fast as id like, but he is great in the pocket as long as blockers are doing their job
EDIT***

We wont have a chance at luck.......so im not even gonna bring him up....Carolina or MAYBE denver will pick him up

Back
Top Bottom