Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

[h3]GM briefing [/h3]
49ers general manager Trent Baalke on the top four quarterback prospects in the draft:

Cam Newton, Auburn: "He's got arm strength, he's got athleticism, he's got Ben Roethlisberger-type stature in the pocket. You're dealing with a guy from a spread offense. ... He's a piece of clay that needs to be molded. (He's) going to be a work in progress, but he should get it."

Blaine Gabbert, Missouri: "He has rare passing talent, very good arm strength, accuracy, but he's been in a spread system and he's another junior who has decided to come out early."

Jake Locker, Washington: "More of a pro-style quarterback in the system but has functioned much better outside the pocket running, scrambling, making more plays than he has actually working in the pocket. There's going to be an adjustment for him to get comfortable in the pocket."

Ryan Mallett, Arkansas: "You're looking at a guy who may have the best arm talent in the draft, more of a pocket passer. He admittedly said he's not going to win any 40-yard dash or relay race, but a pure pocket passer. Mentally has played in a system more closely related to the pro game."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/25/SPN21J71V8.DTL#ixzz1Kea9NTEb

[h3]GM briefing [/h3]
49ers general manager Trent Baalke on the top four quarterback prospects in the draft:

Cam Newton, Auburn: "He's got arm strength, he's got athleticism, he's got Ben Roethlisberger-type stature in the pocket. You're dealing with a guy from a spread offense. ... He's a piece of clay that needs to be molded. (He's) going to be a work in progress, but he should get it."

Blaine Gabbert, Missouri: "He has rare passing talent, very good arm strength, accuracy, but he's been in a spread system and he's another junior who has decided to come out early."

Jake Locker, Washington: "More of a pro-style quarterback in the system but has functioned much better outside the pocket running, scrambling, making more plays than he has actually working in the pocket. There's going to be an adjustment for him to get comfortable in the pocket."

Ryan Mallett, Arkansas: "You're looking at a guy who may have the best arm talent in the draft, more of a pocket passer. He admittedly said he's not going to win any 40-yard dash or relay race, but a pure pocket passer. Mentally has played in a system more closely related to the pro game."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/25/SPN21J71V8.DTL#ixzz1Kea9NTEb

^Hopefully I am misinterpreting that, but it appears to me that Baalke likes Mallet.....and I want ZERO part in him. I dont think he is there by our second round pick, and I would be upest if we reached for him in the 1st, or had to trade up to get him.

^Hopefully I am misinterpreting that, but it appears to me that Baalke likes Mallet.....and I want ZERO part in him. I dont think he is there by our second round pick, and I would be upest if we reached for him in the 1st, or had to trade up to get him.

The 2011 Fantasy Football season is now back on
pimp.gif

I'm hoping if Von and Peterson are taken that we will trade our pick for a QB.

If Locker is there in the 3rd rd do y'all think we should take our chances? I know it's a long shot and we'd probably draft someone random that we'd cut or leave on the practice squad.

Give us something to be excited about! Give the players something to be excited about... we've got a pretty talented squad minus a Quarterback and Corner (arguably the most important positions on Offense and Defense
laugh.gif
) But I'm worried P-Willis, Vernon, Crabtree, Gore, Justin Smith, and a couple of our other talented players are going to want to play for a winner and I can't blame them.

The 2011 Fantasy Football season is now back on
pimp.gif

I'm hoping if Von and Peterson are taken that we will trade our pick for a QB.

If Locker is there in the 3rd rd do y'all think we should take our chances? I know it's a long shot and we'd probably draft someone random that we'd cut or leave on the practice squad.

Give us something to be excited about! Give the players something to be excited about... we've got a pretty talented squad minus a Quarterback and Corner (arguably the most important positions on Offense and Defense
laugh.gif
) But I'm worried P-Willis, Vernon, Crabtree, Gore, Justin Smith, and a couple of our other talented players are going to want to play for a winner and I can't blame them.

Locker's probably going late 1st. He might be available with our 2nd, if Harbaugh likes him enough (and he's seen plenty of him) we might take him but I doubt it.

Locker's probably going late 1st. He might be available with our 2nd, if Harbaugh likes him enough (and he's seen plenty of him) we might take him but I doubt it.

i don't see any of those guys lasting into the 2nd, but crazier things have happened.

also no on mallet.

i don't see any of those guys lasting into the 2nd, but crazier things have happened.

also no on mallet.

im pumped for tomorrow

i wanna see patrick at 7, but i have a feeling the cards are gonna take him. Wouldn't be surprised if they traded down either

either way...tomorrow..
pimp.gif

im pumped for tomorrow

i wanna see patrick at 7, but i have a feeling the cards are gonna take him. Wouldn't be surprised if they traded down either

either way...tomorrow..
pimp.gif

washington is looking to trade up to grab gabbert. maybe they cut a deal with the tardinals which lets pp7 slip to pick #7. wishful thinking?

washington is looking to trade up to grab gabbert. maybe they cut a deal with the tardinals which lets pp7 slip to pick #7. wishful thinking?

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

I think its wishful thinking for sure.  They are more likely to trade with us.  At least I hope they trade with us, because I have serious doubts that PP or Von will be there at 7....and I dont want to be the team that rolls the dice on Gabbert.

Back
Top Bottom