Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the subject of harden he needs to stop with those pull up 3's. it killed them in the playoffs

He needs to chill with them, but we just ran into a better team in the playoffs. Plus he was being guarded by one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

I hate that ****, and when he dribbles the clock down to 4 seconds and then decides to run a play

The Clippers are not going anywhere until Griffin and Jordan improve their games. That's just the bottom line.

I'm still trying to figure out how OKC is a lock to win the West when they lost their 3rd scorer. I guess that doesn't really matter?
laugh.gif

I love what the Warriors did by getting Iguodala, but I can already see people making them the new Denver Nuggets. People are already overhyping the team.

At this point in time, I don't see Memphis winning the West because the front office has yet to improve the teams weakest area. They will win a lot of games because they are a great team and probably finish top 3-4 in the West, but not adding any 3 point shooting or another perimeter scorer is going to hurt deep into the playoffs.

Houston has Lin still as their starting PG. I cannot honestly see Houston beating the Warriors and Grizzlies in a series because both teams have better overall teams and great size up front. I also cannot see them beating the Clippers because they have the better player in Paul along with a more balanced team on the perimeter. I can see Houston giving OKC some trouble.

Like I said, the West is going to great this year. I really would like to see Memphis make that S&T to get Ellis for Bayless + Prince. Gives us some more firepower off the bench. Grizz also close to signing the Italian forward Datome. I think Boston is out of the running now.
And on top of that, the Spurs will be another year older. Manu looks like he's done being that third dependable guy.

So basically you like nobody to come out of the west hahaha.

But seriously with all of what you said, that's why I'm not too critical of any west team. Everyone has their issues or concerns but in the end, all 6 of them could come out of the conference. This next season in the west seems like each team's flaw(s) aren't that much greater than the others. I could see any of those 6 representing the conference.

Last edited:
According to what? If HOU didn't offer that poison pill contract he'd still be backing up Noah.

He's a back up on a good team.

He's arguably a top 10 C in the league...but yet, you think he's only a back up on a good team?

What?

Averages a double-double and is one of the best defensive bigs in the NBA.

Name a non 7th/8th seed team he can start on right now. Maybe the Thunder anything is better than Perkins.

Based on last year, I'd rather have Asik starting than DeAndre Jordan, Thiago Splitter, and Tyson Chandler. And also, Haslem/Joel Anthony/Birdman, or whoever is supposedly the starting center on the Heat. Unless it's Lebron.

Last edited:
I don't care who you think he is better than. Who's job is can he take aside from Perkins?

Out of the playoff teams this year, I think you can only say that Hibbert, D12, Noah, and Gasol are definitively better. Other than that, he's in the argument for starting on every other team.

I forgot about all about Jordan. I'll give you Spurs/Heat. He's not starting over Chandler.

Out of the playoff teams this year, I think you can only say that Hibbert, D12, Noah, and Gasol are definitively better. Other than that, he's in the argument for starting on every other team.

That was essentially my point. Dude is demanding a trade like he's a sure fire starter wherever.

He'd still be backing up Noah if it weren't for the back loaded contract offer.

I wasn't downplaying his value even though he doesn't have much offense.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is this ...

The Cavs have had 5. #1 picks.

2 of the 5 have their numbers hanging in the rafters.
1 should.(Bron)
Kyrie can.

Bennett will be a stud.

Yknow most of the time I find myself rooting for Kyrie Irving and the Cavs.

But every once in a while I catch myself looking back and remembering the better part of the decade and how much I hated you guys. It wasn't just LeBron- Cleveland fans were annoying. I hope the pain continues.

Go Browns?

Last edited:
I forgot about all about Jordan. I'll give you Spurs/Heat. He's not starting over Chandler.

That was essentially my point. Dude is demanding a trade like he's a sure fire starter wherever.

He'd still be backing up Noah if it weren't for the back loaded contract offer.

I wasn't downplaying his value even though he doesn't have much offense.
So if he's better than 25 out of 30 other starting centers, that's 83%, a pretty significant number.

The Clippers are not going anywhere until Griffin and Jordan improve their games. That's just the bottom line.

I'm still trying to figure out how OKC is a lock to win the West when they lost their 3rd scorer. I guess that doesn't really matter? :lol:

I love what the Warriors did by getting Iguodala, but I can already see people making them the new Denver Nuggets. People are already overhyping the team.

At this point in time, I don't see Memphis winning the West because the front office has yet to improve the teams weakest area. They will win a lot of games because they are a great team and probably finish top 3-4 in the West, but not adding any 3 point shooting or another perimeter scorer is going to hurt deep into the playoffs.

Houston has Lin still as their starting PG. I cannot honestly see Houston beating the Warriors and Grizzlies in a series because both teams have better overall teams and great size up front. I also cannot see them beating the Clippers because they have the better player in Paul along with a more balanced team on the perimeter. I can see Houston giving OKC some trouble.

Like I said, the West is going to great this year. I really would like to see Memphis make that S
And on top of that, the Spurs will be another year older. Manu looks like he's done being that third dependable guy.

So basically you like nobody to come out of the west hahaha.

But seriously with all of what you said, that's why I'm not too critical of any west team. Everyone has their issues or concerns but in the end, all 6 of them could come out of the conference. This next season in the west seems like each team's flaw(s) aren't that much greater than the others. I could see any of those 6 representing the conference.

the spurs been old, so that excuse has been beaten the last couple yrs. you forget kawhi is gonna be a yr older. heck, cory joseph made a huge jump and nando (yes, i said nando) is gonna be a real contributor next year. spurs gonna do what they do and have it click come playoff time once again. west is still going through a healthy okc and spurs team. nothing has really changed

Asik is definitely starter material. I don't mind having him backing Dwight up at all and Mchale said they'd try having them both play at the same time as well from time to time. they're both excellent defenders and rebounders so it should be interesting to watch.

d mont was shooting the 3 point shot as well last season. hopefully he can improve on it and become a more solid stretch 4 on offense, but he showed flashes of a solid all around game at times

the spurs been old, so that excuse has been beaten the last couple yrs. you forget kawhi is gonna be a yr older. heck, cory joseph made a huge jump and nando (yes, i said nando) is gonna be a real contributor next year. spurs gonna do what they do and have it click come playoff time once again. west is still going through a healthy okc and spurs team. nothing has really changed
OKC don't have Harden nor even Martin now. So that hurts them more than you think, at least IMO.

OK, but this year it may actually be true for the Spurs 
laugh.gif
 but you're right about Leonard. I still don't see them as being that much better than everyone else though. 

Asik isn't better than Splitter. Don't let one bad series against the Heat sway you.

I've hated Splitter since he's been in the league, so it's definitely not one series I'm going by :lol: . Splitter can finish at the rim (when he's actually there), but he does nothing else better than Asik, especially on defense. Tyson Chandler had periods all season where he looked non-existent, so I'd take asik over him too at this point.

Houston Memphis in the 2nd round, we start asik at the 4 to d up on zbo, easy advance to the WCF :smokin

I've hated Splitter since he's been in the league, so it's definitely not one series I'm going by :lol: . Splitter can finish at the rim (when he's actually there), but he does nothing else better than Asik, especially on defense. Tyson Chandler had periods all season where he looked non-existent, so I'd take asik over him too at this point.
Agree.. Spurs should have let splitter go and traded away junk for asik since Houston unloading him..

And congrats to kd always seemed like a cool humble guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom