OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

I was somehow able to pick up Ryan Tannehill off of waivers this week in a really competitive league (12 team, $300 buy in). I've gotten by pretty much by streaming QBs all year. Palmer, Henne, Cousins, Glennon, Mallett, and McCown have all started for me at some point this season. It costs $5 to add players too
sick.gif
. Looking forward to having some consistency in the playoffs from Tanny
laugh.gif
:x that league aint for me .. forget that :lol:

I hope you win man, get that $ back
Yeah man I was contemplating dropping out of the league. Right around $100-$200 has been my threshold in the past for fantasy buy-ins. This league had been a $100 buy in with free adds/drops for the past 3 or so years. For some reason they decided to triple the buy-in and charge money for adds this year :lol: :smh:.

1 of my leagues is $10 to add/drop/trade :x
Goddamn :x.

I don't like the idea at all. Teams that are out of the playoff race or even fringe playoff teams aren't gonna make adds because in a sense they're just wasting money. So the good teams get better and the "bad teams" are stagnant. At one point I was like 2-3 games under .500 with a top waiver position and the chance to grab some top flight waiver guys but I said **** it because my team was so bad and I didn't wanna just throw money away. Thankfully my team has turned on the jets over the last several weeks, but it could be even better. I've been struggling at RB2 pretty much all season long, and could've had a Ronnie Hillman or Tre Mason or CJ Anderson if I didn't have to pay for them :\ :lol:.

How yall feel about Manziel getting the ball to Gordon?

I feel like its an all or nothing thing .. either he doesnt or Gordon is gonna get the Mike Evans treatment from when they were at TX A&M

He'd definitely get the Mike Evans treatment :lol:. Not sure what it's gonna take for the Browns to call it quits on Hoyer though. He's been terrible over the last 3-4 games and has pretty much been a game manager all season long. They gotta give Johnny a chance. He'll make mistakes but he'll also make the plays that Hoyer can't, or won't even attempt to do.

Last edited:
Add in the fact Johnny is mobile and they have a decent run game, which leaves the door open for play-action & single coverage on Gordon, flourish Johnny flourish :smokin

Ima miss playoffs based on points unless jets go ham on dolphins lol...person behind me is behind by 12 points with dolphins defense

Last edited:
Missed a bye week opportunity by 3 pts. I got Aaron Rodgers, that damn Davante Adams dropped TD at the end could have won it for me 
mad.gif

I sure hope thats the case for the Browns.

especially with Indy, Cincy, Carolina, and Baltimore coming up .... Gordon's number could be lookin :smokin come playoffs for me week 16 & 17

Which D/ST we rolling with this week? :nerd:

Thinking about taking the Colts vs Browns or Ravens vs Dolphins, options looking real slim, should've grabbed Minny last week :smh:

Yeah I was only half joking :lol:. Most defenses with the tasty matchups are already owned so like you said the pickins are slim. If you can nab the Vikings vs Jets, thats the optimal stream play this week imo. There are a few others but it's pretty much like last week with the Giants. Bad defense with a tasty matchup.

New Orleans vs. Carolina
Washington vs. St Louis

Maybe even Titans vs. Giants :lol:.

EDIT: I was half joking about the Titans, but they might not be a bad pickup if you really wanna take a risk. Look at their schedule over the next 3 weeks:

Week 14 - Home vs. Giants
Week 15 - Home vs. Jets
Week 16 - Away at Jaguars

:nerd:

Last edited:
Titans D/ST has the perfect schedule for fantasy playoffs, but they suck :rofl:
**** they might be worth the risk :lol:. If you've been streaming all year you've been taking risks anyway. Why not put it all on the line in the playoffs :pimp:.

I myself won't be :lol:. I grabbed the Vikings last week in one league so I'm just gonna roll with them again this week. And in another league I'm confident that I'll be able to grab them since none of the other teams in the playoffs are streamers. I stashed the Ravens for week 15 against the Jags in that league too. On my last playoff team I've been rolling with the Bills all year so I'm probably gonna stick with them even though their schedule is brutal over the next few weeks :\.

Last edited:
Why are they performing????

Its already bad enough Apple forced their damn album idga f about on my ipad and ipod

Dolphin D vs Jets sounds so right it could be wrong. I already won and considered just leaving them in to pad the score (already up 104 pts) but I could see the jets pulling something out the *** like they did against Pitt :smh:

And here we go :smh:

I lost out on the #1 seed by 1.5 ******* points.

But I do like my side of the bracket better....and I still gotta bye.

H2H standard, pick 3:

Daniel Herron @ Cle

Sammy Watkins @ Den

Andre Ellington vs KC

Brandon Lafell @ SD

Latavius Murray vs SF

Seattle pass D has me spooked

Should I still play Sanchez?

Or gamble with

Orton likely playing from behind against Denver

Johnny football against Indy with shootout potential

McCoy coming off a big game