Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

GGG said he's a good fighter but he just couldn't hurt him b/c he's not a real middleweight. If only Brook could realize that though. Respect to Brook though. Still think he loses to Spence at Welter though

Spence is gonna wash Brook when that happens

Brook was def done. IDK if he was badly hurt, bothered by the eye, or tired from not being used to the extra weight (or all of the above) - but fighting with your hands down against GGG shows you're not serious about fighting. He wasn't really countering, or smothering, or clinching.

He's lucky they stopped it. Pacquaio kept beating on Margarito's eye socket after it was broken and he was never the same after that. Can't imagine the permanent damage GGG could've done if he kept landing clean shots. Hell, the damage might be done. Interested in seeing how quickly it swells up next fight.

Dam brooks camp had the best interest in brooks health, but you cant stop a champ like that.

He was outta there tho, he was so dam confused in the brain after all those hits.

The fact that he kept backin into the ropes like it was somethin effective against ggg :lol:

Last edited:
3G looked mad sloppy, throwin wide shots and looked very eager to end things early. Dude really needs to work on his defense, even though hes not feelin the effects now, you never know what kinda permanent damage will occur down the line.

Unless he was in lala land, Kell has no one to blame but himself for that stoppage, what was he thinking eating shots against the ropes with his hands down again ggg? Tip my hat off to him for a great performance, 154 is another loaded division where he can shine.

Man what a good fight! Have to give TONS of PROBS to Brook! Man he came to fight! Sucks his eye got messed up so early, would of loved to see how this played out if that didn't happen. He start mentioning about his eye in the beginning of round 3 (he got caught within the first 10 seconds or so).

This is by far the worse we've seen little g. He was throwing so many wild missing shots and kept getting countered. Brook upper cut couldn't miss. Y'all need to stop with the, little g let Kell hit him [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. He wasn't letting him hit him, he was just getting hit (difference). It was good to see little g in a fight like this though!

Curious to see what Brook does now. Will he fight "The Truth" Earl Spence? How much time he needs for his eye to recover?

Brook got worn down, but I was impressed with him for as long as it lasted I guess. He needs to get back to 147 tho, Spence or Khan next

GGG got hit alot as usual but as usual took the shots and wore Brook down. I don't know if I'm rocking with the "he's letting them hit him" theory, but hey he's still winning

Jacobs vs GGG would be very interesting, WBA claims they're gonna make it mandatory, let's see what happens

Last edited:
Jacobs vs GGG would be very interesting, WBA claims they're gonna make it mandatory, let's see what happens
jacobs would still get his butt beat

speaking of people that wont get in the ring, will kahn take the fight with brooks now? 

Didnt ggg say a week or 2 ago that 'maybe' he will perform bad so that canelo can see a 'weakness' and say hes ready to fight him?

I think it was stopped at the right time. Sure Brook wasn't knocked down but he wasn't punching back + having only one eye fighting anyone especially GGG is a recipe for disaster.

Just watched the whole fight on YouTube....

Couple things I wanna say....

Brooks was confident in there! He wasn't shooked, other than just protecting his eye!

Give Brooks a couple more tune up fights! And fight 3G again, I think the fight can go the distance!

Golovkin looked pressured there. Going in for the kill from the get go, not boxing, not fighting his fight! Looked sloppy! Almost as if, all he thought about was "Oh Canelo knocked his guy out, I gotta one up him"

Fights was tossed prematurely, to put it on the corner, not the fighter! Now in the future, they can use this to hype the fight!

"Oh Brooks was the smaller man, actually winning! His corner threw the fight not Brooks"

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  3h3 hours ago
OK, Andre Rozier called me( the trainer of Jacobs), after watching that, yeah, they absolutely want GGG next... #boxing

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  1h1 hour ago
OK, @GilberticoWBA just told me via DM," 120 days for GGG-Jacobs, 30 days negotiations period just started." #boxing
nerd.gif

I think Golovkin stops Jacobs too.

There's a lot of people talking about how much Golovkin got hit, but he has done the same thing in most of his recent fights. He nearly finished Brook in the first round then let off the gas and turned it into a street fight like he said in the interviews. Brook gets credit for what he did, but Golovkin was never in trouble and the result was predetermined based on the power/size differential.

Remember the fight with Willie Monroe? He beat the piss out of him and then let him back in the fight. I don't expect him to do the same if he feels somebody's power that gets his attention. He'll tighten up his game at that point. Until then, he'll keep it more fan friendly.

"He broke my eye socket in the second round. I was seeing three or four of him," Brook said. "Believe me, I hurt him. I saw his legs start to buckle. I was starting to settle in. I would fight him again."

You thought you saw his legs buckle but really you were seeing 3 or 4 sets of legs :lol:

The WBA had refused to sanction Saturday's fight fearing Brook, who has spent his career fighting men 6 kg lighter than Golovkin, was putting his health in danger

But yall sanctioned broner vs paulie when bonehead moved up 2 classes. **** wba

Last edited:
Haha i know, just perfect example of the wba picking and chosing when to enforce their rules. Like how did he even get a title shot having never fought at 140 let alone 147

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom