Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I think Golovkin stops Jacobs too.

There's a lot of people talking about how much Golovkin got hit, but he has done the same thing in most of his recent fights. He nearly finished Brook in the first round then let off the gas and turned it into a street fight like he said in the interviews. Brook gets credit for what he did, but Golovkin was never in trouble and the result was predetermined based on the power/size differential.

Remember the fight with Willie Monroe? He beat the piss out of him and then let him back in the fight. I don't expect him to do the same if he feels somebody's power that gets his attention. He'll tighten up his game at that point. Until then, he'll keep it more fan friendly.
Man little g was trying to KNOCK HIS BLOCK OFF! Swinging to knock his soul out his body with those WILD PUNCHES! Again, he didn't let Brook hit him, he was swinging wild and getting countered and kept eating uppercuts throughout the fight.

:lol: @ everybody getting brave all at once. I'm cool with seeing any one of Saunders Jacobs or Eubanks Jr. next tho, hopefully one of them makes good on all this talk. Hopefully Jacobs if I had a choice

Jacobs vs GGG would be very interesting, WBA claims they're gonna make it mandatory, let's see what happens

jacobs would still get his butt beat

Maybe. Him getting dropped by Mora in their first fight ain't a great sign, but Jacobs has skill and he can really hit. His chin is the only question mark.

There's a lot of people talking about how much Golovkin got hit, but he has done the same thing in most of his recent fights. He nearly finished Brook in the first round then let off the gas and turned it into a street fight like he said in the interviews. Brook gets credit for what he did, but Golovkin was never in trouble and the result was predetermined based on the power/size differential.

Remember the fight with Willie Monroe? He beat the piss out of him and then let him back in the fight. I don't expect him to do the same if he feels somebody's power that gets his attention. He'll tighten up his game at that point. Until then, he'll keep it more fan friendly.

I don't know how much of him getting hit is just letting people back in the fight. The only time he eased up on the pressure fighting and "boxed" moreso for an entire fight was against Lemieux, and it was mainly him staying behind the jab that threw Lemiuex off. He's not "slick" and his head movement isn't great. He has power and he shifts really well, it's moreso that his offense is his defense, but if he's not staying behind his jab and fighting from a distance like he did vs. Lemiuex I think he's definitely there to be hit. You gotta take his shots too though and that's the problem everybody has.

Last edited:
The Little G nonsense is laughable by some of y'all dudes that hate Golovkin. Does it come from a genuine hate or is it just because Ward said it?

Chocolatito fight is good and Inoue is in the audience.

The Little G nonsense is laughable by some of y'all dudes that hate Golovkin. Does it come from a genuine hate or is it just because Ward said it?

Chocolatito fight is good and Inoue is in the audience.

I can't help but notice that those "Lil G" comments are common in usage by Floyd fans. Maybe when Floyd said GGG won't get a shot or should fight Ward, his fans hopped on the band wagon.

Carlos Cuadras vs Roman Gonzalez (Chocolatito) seems good so far.

Yeah it's kinda extra

I might start saying little G tho just cause some of yall seem to be getting so mad about it :lol:

Another thing I wanna add before I crash for the night...

Brooks corner was smart for stopping the fight!

They knew sooner or later Golovkin is gonna land a lethal shot!

By stopping the fight, they kept Brooks confidence, he'll now be motivated to fight again.

Unlike some boxers that suffer a vicious knockout. They go on suicide watch!

Like he did against Lemieux.

Jacobs ain't got the chin to last with GGG.  GGG will respect his power but Jacobs is eventually going to get caught.  Hopefully that fight is in BK despite the insurance issues. 

Gotta give it to Abel and Tom, they knew if they spilled a lil blood in the water the Sharks would come circling. Now it's just a matter of who they choose.
I think Saunders mixes it up with Canelo in December and GGG takes Jacobs, and then hopefully we get the mega fight next September.

Unless there's a John Ruiz he can take a belt from, Chocolatitio should really think twice about eventually moving up to 118. 

If Cuadras would have just let his hands go in the later RD's he might have stopped him.  He could have gotten stopped himself but he was never winning a decision anyways. 

Last edited:
great exciting fight!!

1st round... left hook to the body then left hook to the chin by ggg. brook almost got KO and it was smart of him to hold on and clinch to ggg for dear life.

2nd... ggg broke brook's right orbital bone. ggg made it into a street fght instead of a boxing match. props to kell for fighting back like a warrior.

the pace of the fight was so intense. it was a matter of time until kell brook broke down, and that's exactly what golovkin was doing, breaking brook.

at the end of round 4, brook sitting in his corner looked like the inevitable was coming. he look worn and defeated already. he wasnt gonna make it.

round 5... ggg took over and decimated brook. smart of dominic ingle to throw in the towel. brook was about to get KO into oblivion.

Brook's corner must've seen something they really did not like in his eye for them to stop it like that. His eye looked like it was getting bad, but from what I could see it did not look like it was a complete liability. But it was a great fight for the 5 rounds it lasted.

Most definitely a good stoppage. His trainer immediately pointed at his eye when Brook looked over in disbelief they stopped it. The body shot followed by the hook upstairs in the *1st round for Golovkin is a thing of beauty. I know Golovkin wanted to make it a street fight and get him out of there but I felt like he was head hunting too much. I think his body shots are the key to setting up the KO upstairs for slick fighters like Brook. Regardless of what GGG says, something still seemed off about him. Very entertaining fight though.

Last edited:
Yea I was caught in the moment. Reflecting on it, the trainer did his job to protect his fighter before it got out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom