New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so pissed about eli getting benched.
Dude past 2 weeks didnt have his top 3 WRs and his TE played like crap.....really? i get it reese and macadoo want to save their jobs and this webb kid gets lucky and shows some talent. he plays well they might save their jobs. but to do it at this time and use geno as the go between. you bench your franchise QB for a castoff QB that nobody wanted? Jags and Broncos will take Eli no problem and watch him win elswhere and the giants will look foolish. would have like them to get the RB from penn rather than draft a QB.

how could Mara approve this?

tweet from marshawn lynch
The @Giants benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith is almost as crazy as not running the ball on the 1 with a Super Bowl in the line
1f914.png

Might get rid of my season tickets. I never thought the Giants would ever be more dysfunctional and have less class than the Knicks, but here were are.
This is the sad part, an I'm glad fans/players/coaches everywhere are calling the franchise out.

Team doesn't even have the balls to release him, this is how you want to end his streak? The talent discrepancy from Eli to the NEXT GUY on offense is drastic.

To say Geno Smith gives you a better chance to win a football game, this is comical.

4th and 3 one of eli's fumbles.....whos the TO on? is it on Eli or the 5 olinemen that can't block 4 guys?

The offense is a complete mess from top to bottom, Eli is the only positive out there. You let him just finish the year out and then make your decisions then.

He would benefit from a change, this offense is not catered to his strengths for big plays/throws. He is still more than capable to throw the deep ball and make his reads, the arm strength is there and he still has a few good years left in him. Problem is he has become gun shy with this offensive line and you can't expect anything positive with the way the team is constructed. That falls on Reese.

For as much crap as we gave Killdrive over the years, the system he ran catered perfectly to what Eli does well and he won two super bowls because of it. Whenever the team needed a big play in a big spot in the most important games, he was there to make those big plays down the field...vs Dallas (often), Green Bay, Atlanta, 49ers, and the Patriots twice.

Thank you Eli.

We doubled up and fired both these frauds maybe we can finally get some productive drafts picks this year.

1 week too late.....shame on Mara.

giants need to make more changes.....not only the GM. scouts need to go....teams find stars in round 3-5 seems like its first or 2nd round players that reese got any good.

wonder who they will go after.

^^hope they don't....i'm not impressed with this class at all. Darnold looks like he has arm but really could have played better this season.
Rosen, how do you draft a QB#2 who is injury prone. if browns draft Darnold don't see how giants can draft rosen.
I'd be happy with Barkley, adding to OBJ and Engram, Shepard. wow.
very confident new front office will reshape this oline. with any luck they will do a great job like the vikings and rams did and then WATCH OUT.

losing OBJ was a killer but that didnt cost us the season. The coach and GM did. These clowns Hart and Flowers are mental midgets. Graded poorly and we bring them back? and did you hear the story that came out after we cut hart? Snacks had to be held back by 4 dudes from fighting hart. and the GM and Coach have him as their RT? a guy who week 17 said i'm going home? YOU COULDNT TELL HE WAS A CLOWN WOW.

I'm down on this QB class....but who am I...we will see what the experts think and how QBs workout.

i'll be the first to say it....dont be shocked Browns take Barkley 1 and draft QB at 4.....wouldnt shock me either if they offer Cousins ton of money.

Whitworth 36 who rams signed to protect their 23 year old QB made first team all pro. meaning he was voted best LT in all of football. Reese felt he was too old. Instead he signed marshall, blocking TE and gave jerry 3 year deal. I still can't get over this. It wasnt like Flowers did anything his 2nd year. He was ranked worst LT in all of football.

I'm willing to bet my life savings Flowers is not the LT for the giants in 18

I wanted Whitworth and the other big name OL this last offseason. Couldn't believe we didn't go for either of them. I thought they'd go for both.

Seems like Patricia going to Lions...read that they pretty much have it narrowed down to Shurmur and Wilks

looks like its Shurmur. you have to think they are rolling with Eli in 18. from the GM comments and getting a coach that has done great work with QBs. after coaching browns i would think he wants to work with a vet QB rather than working with rookie QB in his 1st or 2nd year.

wow what a horriable super bowl. ugh. wish saints beat minny thought they had a complete team with a legit QB to beat pats.

coach gm on board. gotta think he sold himself to giants as the guy who can get eli back to throwing 30 TDs. one of the best things i read about this guy he does find run game important(macadoo didnt seem to) and his 3rd conversion % with eagles, rams, minny was very good. hope he doesnt think hes gonna bring case here.

Barkley had a great combine....most already thought he was #1 talent in this draft. if he even lands to us at 2 we have to get him.
if the giants feel like a there is a must have QB fine i can live with it and understand it but not having a 2018 impact player from our first round pick really hurts our chances for turning things around. i'm not down with QB at 2 and have him sit a year or 2.
i wouldnt even bring Eli back, if we go QB at 2 just trade him or cut him and start the rebuild now.

i think giants fans will be happy with barkley and understand passing on a QB.. of course barkley would have to be legit top 5 RB for 9 years, if that is the case, it won't just help us in eli's final years it will help the next QB will benefit from that. no clue if dak is real deal or not. but does dak look decent if he was drafted by browns at 4? highly doubt it. doesnt mean talent is not there, its a lot easier to play QB when you have above avg talent all around you.

if barkley goes #1 then i'd trade back get nelson or LB.

i'm confident our oline will be improved, that plus stud RB plus OBJ, Shep, Engram would give eli his best surpporting cast in his career. OBJ contract? hmmm. i don't understand this 20 mil a year nonsense. if AB got 17 mil a year how do you think you should get 3 mil a year more of a year you got hurt and AB was all pro? he should play ball. giants knowing that Eli is QB for 2 more years and likley young cheap QB after can afford to franchise OBJ every year and then let him walk at 29

i'm also looking forward to JPP playing in 3-4 D. I said it from the second he lost his fingers that he he would be best suited at a 3-4 LB. he will be better able to use his speed to shed blocks and fly past guards tackles rather 4-3 end using power/speed.

Last edited:
^^^2013 since that year only top 10 QB to win super bowl was peyton and the year he won he was shell of a QB he was. listen if giants are confident franchise QB is there i'm game. doesnt seem like there is one....each QB has their flaws....i just hope they don't fall in love with a QB just because they feel they can never get a QB that high again. half the teams in league that have franchise QBs were not picked in the first round. Even more franchise QBs drafted outside top 10 than inside....

Furthermore, Gurley, Bell both playoffs...thats where the giants want to be next year or we can hope to hit on a QB and feel the pain if he is a bust. IMO less likely barkley is a bust, if QB is a bust it kills our franchise for 5 years and we will be drafting high most of those years. thats why i don't think our GM and coach will go QB. I think they think they can fix this and will rather take that gamble than on a QB that is not highly regarded.

how many top 10 picks from a QB win the super bowl? last 15 years? eli peyton ben...pretty sure thats it.....

I'd rather draft another QB middle rounds again.....spend next 1-3 years having webb and 2018 rookie qb battle each other for the right to be next QB....because again....look around the NFL...MOST QBs were NOT picked in top 10

Cousins is about to be highest paid QB in the NFL he was drafted same year as RG3, RG3 is not in league.

i dont know just dont feel like we will hit on a QB at 2, just a feeling, i mean philly did with wentz, we will also? 2 teams very recent in the draft will hit on qb at 2 same division? i have my doubts, major doubts.

out of the QBs Darnold is the guy i would want. I like that he is young and room for improvement and seems like he can move in pocket.

Last edited:
I mean Wentz would have won it?

Those RBs are good but also have great lines. Look at Gurley last yr vs this yr.

Other than Brady, Ryan, Cam were also in latest SBs. Proves my point even more.

When is the last time an elite RB has been in the SB? Lynch? I guess??

Fan of trading down but I think Darnold and Rosen are can’t miss.

Back
Top Bottom