Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
If Happ gets signed, I think we either make only 1 more a small move for back end of the rotation AND/OR revisit the rotation come trade deadline time.

Montgomery may only be available for a late stretch run, if at all.

Agreed! **** Hal

C2146295-22E3-4245-823E-78AB5EAFEEA0.jpeg

Can’t really use the same excuse they made for Harper.

Because Machado can be SS, moved to 3B when Didi comes back. Sign Didi long term.

Andujar is corner IF and DH going forward

Stanton moves to LF where he can play with success

Sounds like CBS is just stating the obvious. Exact same thing could have been said about Corbin.

If the Yankees want Machado, all they have to do is pay. Same with Harper.

It really comes down to who they want and how badly. Both players would love to play in NY.

I’d personally go after Harper. He’s just a better hitter, even if he’s streaky. Machado’s career year is basically Harper’s career average. He’s a power lefty and if he really can’t play first, put him in the outfield (he can play center) and dump some guys.

I’d trade Andujar+Frazier for Syndergaard and get a defensive guy (or Walker) for third.

Just the thought of being able to put Stanton Harper Judge in the outfield is crazy. Hicks can be the fourth outfielder as those guys will probably rotate as DH.

i’m not even harpers biggest fan not do i think he’s as good as his name (hard for me to say he’s overrated)...

but to pass at a chance to sign a generational talent for ANY reason is completely beyond me.

i’d rather have harper over machado 11/10

the things that harper could do in that stadium vs sorry to say, machados attitude and it’s possible affect on a young clubhouse (we already have one gary sanchez) in exchange for an elite glove?

...it shouldn’t even be a question

Last edited:
Here’s what I’d do going forward based on what’s transpired so far:

SP:
-Pursue the trade market, but at this point only take something that we can live with. No Andujar, No Florial, No Torres in any trade. Unless Thor is being discussed
- Look for 1 year deals or 1+ Option to creat depth: Marco Estrada, Francisco Liriano, Michael Fiers, Ervin Santana
-Kick tires on Yusei Kikuchi, see what the market is at for him.

RP:
Sign any Robertson + combo (Miller, Ottavino, Britton)

IF:
At this point, offer Machado his 10/$326 mil making him highest salary amount, $1mil over Stanton. (I want Harper instead, but if it’s either it’s gonna be Machado)

Neil Walker, Daniel Murphy, Adeiny Hechaveria whoever will take a 1 year deal (Neil is my guy)

OF:
Live with Gardner/Hicks/Judge. Whenever Didi is back, Gardy goes to the bench and Stanton is our LF of the future

Trade:
Sonny Gray for a good OF & Pitching prospect.

Severino/Tanaka/Paxton/Happ/CC/???
Holder/Green/ Kahnle/ Robertson/???/ Dellin / Chapman

Sanchez / Romine
Voit
Torres / ????
Machado
Andujar
Gardy / Clint Frazier
Hicks
Judge
Stanton

Can we just skip to Wednesday and sign Manny already. And hopefully Bryce’s price tag falls a little too the longer he lingers on.

Back
Top Bottom