OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Basically the best recruiter on SC's staff.

Quotes from the video copied from another board:

"I don't even look at the star rankings."

"Recruiting is a crapshoot."

He told a story about a highly ranked kid who recently committed to a school. Graham Harrell put on the tape and it didn't match the hype.

On late offers by USC: "What is an offer?"

The important question: "When are you going to commit?" "A school down south can offer every kid in LA because they know they won't commit."

"If you think you're good enough for SC, come to a camp and prove it. Rising Stars, June 15th."

"Kids want to be offered as a freshman. For what?! I might not even be here and you want an offer."

On repeat: "August 31st. Fresno State. Be there."

damn, this is a great listen. Gavin Morris is cool af.

Wasn't it always? Seemed like Willis was the odd man out as soon as Nix showed up on campus.

It'll be interesting to see if Gatewood decides to stick around if Nix gets the job.

Damn, Seven McGee heads back to NY. Never played a down at Narbonne. 4 high schools in 2 years. Came out West for the exposure and is now bouncing back to the East.

Brew and Mack pulled Hornsby I see N41D N41D tmay407 tmay407 .

I wonder if they pitched anything to him besides being the next Vince Young and of course, the #bag
I think Brewster always liked him a heck of a lot more than Jimbo did. Even after he "committed" when Demas committed he was never considered a commit by the A&M sites. Think Brewster was sold on him being the next VY but Jimbo never signed off. Doesn't seem like Jimbo ever even recruited him after Tim left.

And damn, A&M gets to play all of ESPNs top 4 teams, 5 of their top 10 teams this season (with 3 of those 5 on the road)...gonna be brutal.

Last edited:
https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-s...rauss-sexual-abuse-report-20190517-story.html

Ohio State knew of team doctor's sexual abuse of students, report says

An Ohio State University team doctor who died years ago sexually abused at least 177 students over a period of decades so wantonly that students described his examinations as hazing — and their coaches, trainers, other team doctors and school leaders knew about it, according to an investigative report released Friday.

Dr. Richard Strauss abused the men from 1979 to 1997 — nearly his entire time at Ohio State — in episodes involving male students from at least 16 sports, plus his work at the student health center and his off-campus clinic, according to findings from a law firm that investigated the accusations, released by the university.

At one point he even appealed to various university officials, both formally and informally, to keep his job — including the office of the president at the time, Gordon Gee. A message was left Friday seeking comment from Gee.

As long as he doesn’t blow up, he might just need a year completely off to get that ankle right.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him re-emerge in the XFL a year from now.

Man, I used to like Dabo but he's making it really hard with some of his quotes the past couple years

Dabo just won’t ever shut up and leave well enough alone.

:lol:

Stupid is as stupid does.

93MILL in his pocket and he's at one of the biggest bag dropping schools in the whole damn country. :lol::lol: What a damn clown.

Lowkey he’s a figure head and I bet the fact that HIS players at the only place he has any HCing experience at get paid is coloring this stupid hot take of his. It irks me that the bags are so heavy you can’t negative recruit against him and his doctrine.

As expected. Can't go wrong with this list

Not as big a loss as it’s being made. He’s slow. And if we **** the bed Urban will sign him to SC, anyway, so, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom