OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Why didn’t you post about the ex players suing jim mora jr and UCLA because of that coaching staff forcing them to play with concussions?

Half those guys wasn’t making it either way.

But go ahead and take it from 2 bust that chip and UCLA gave chance after chance to

Whatever do you mean??

It's a interesting concept for a site, but I'm not believing anything that comes out of there until some of those "former D1 players" reveal themselves.

That **** has the same validity as a random message board poster right now.

It's a interesting concept for a site, but I'm not believing anything that comes out of there until some of those "former D1 players" reveal themselves.

That **** has the same validity as a random message board poster right now.

Yeah I mean I was just being facetious and trying to jab Mike in the ribs. I’m not actually putting any stock into that unsourced twitter reporting, except for the Chip stuff.

Them dudes definitely hate Kelly, whether that tweet was legit or not. Alums gonna turn on him soon. Especially after Urbs makes his way to SC.

He needs to be less picky in recruiting but as long as they make a bowl this season he should be fine.

Urbz is going to coach again, but it ain’t going to be SC.

He needs to be less picky in recruiting but as long as they make a bowl this season he should be fine.

Only reason it may not be SC is 1. SC would lowball him short of a booster going rogue and throwing money at the situation and basically picking the coach himself like what happened with UCLA, Kelly, and I forget the big money booster’s name, and 2. SC is still reeling off the sex assault scandal with the OBGYN as well as the admissions scandal and med school dean scandal. They would be hesitant to bring in a dude as unscrupulous as Urban.

Then again the new pres and whoever she hires after Lynn may see it as a risk worth taking.

Them dudes definitely hate Kelly, whether that tweet was legit or not. Alums gonna turn on him soon. Especially after Urbs makes his way to SC.

Not just players. Seems like boosters all hated him at Oregon too.

2012: Oregon boosters hope Oregon's ultra-successful coach leaves
https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/19/oregon-boosters-chip-kelly/1780429/

2018: Chip Kelly was reportedly ‘hated’ by boosters at Oregon
https://www.yardbarker.com/college_...y_hated_by_boosters_at_oregon/s1_127_26973914

Last edited:

My boy is a UCLA alum and was telling me he does some weird **** where they only offer kids like 2 days each month. It's already hard enough recruiting at a tougher academic school. Seems like he's not ingratiating himself to the scene there at all.

Only reason it may not be SC is 1. SC would lowball him short of a booster going rogue and throwing money at the situation and basically picking the coach himself like what happened with UCLA, Kelly, and I forget the big money booster’s name, and 2. SC is still reeling off the sex assault scandal with the OBGYN as well as the admissions scandal and med school dean scandal. They would be hesitant to bring in a dude as unscrupulous as Urban.

Then again the new AD and whoever she hires after Lynn may see it as a risk worth taking.

Not just players. Seems like boosters all hated him at Oregon too.

2012: Oregon boosters hope Oregon's ultra-successful coach leaves
https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/19/oregon-boosters-chip-kelly/1780429/

2018: Chip Kelly was reportedly ‘hated’ by boosters at Oregon
https://www.yardbarker.com/college_...y_hated_by_boosters_at_oregon/s1_127_26973914

The boosters hated him because he didn't like bull****ting with them since he already had Uncle Phil in his corner getting him everything he needed.

Unless you actively like doing **** like that (like Mack Brown for example) why would you spend more time with the small business tyrants of the world then you have to?

Last edited:
nako xl nako xl

Is Meyer going to be able to hide stories like Zach Smith and Chico smashing a dudes ear drum the same way he did at UF and Cbus? You can't tell me the writers on the OSU beat didn't know all about Zach Smith, and kept it under wraps because they didn't want to lose their access.

Besides the money, I think he needs to be at place that is going to insulate him a bit, which is why I think it's going to be a school like Auburn that's not going to care how he runs his program off the field.

Perhaps I'm giving too much respect to the LA media tho?

nako xl nako xl

Is Meyer going to be able to hide stories like Zach Smith and Chico smashing a dudes ear drum the same way he did at UF and Cbus? You can't tell me the writers on the OSU beat didn't know all about Zach Smith, and kept it under wraps because they didn't want to lose their access.

Besides the money, I think he needs to be at place that is going to insulate him a bit, which is why I think it's going to be a school like Auburn that's not going to care how he runs his program off the field.

Perhaps I'm giving too much respect to the LA media tho?

I agree that Ohio and even national media insulated Urban from the blowback of stories like that. 2 friends who were living in Columbus at the time and doing college and local Hs sports coverage told me that what was going on with Zach Smith was an open secret that everyone knew about or at least heard about. I heard that from an alum too.

I also do agree that it would be impossible to protect Urban from stories like that getting out in LA: see all of us knowing the details of Sark’s tenure and downfall.

But I think what you’re not giving enough credit to is 1. How great the lifestyle of being USC head coach is when you’re winning (besides maybe Texas, it’s the most like being a pro football coach without having to leave the ease and comfort of college) 2. How easy the path to winning would be for him. SC is one of the few jobs where he COULD win without all the extra ****; 3. How confident and arrogant all these coaches are. You see the obvious trap of being a head coach in a major media market like LA, but all he may see is opportunity.

I dont think Urban is coaching at SC because of all that drama is going on but I think hes coaching next season. Also what in the jolly rancher is going on at Penn State.

My boy is a UCLA alum and was telling me he does some weird **** where they only offer kids like 2 days each month. It's already hard enough recruiting at a tougher academic school. Seems like he's not ingratiating himself to the scene there at all.

“If you didn't know, 8Clap8th is a gimmicky thing UCLA came up with to try to generate recruiting interest; it offers candidates on one day of the month, the 8th”

They all have offers before hand it’s just they wait to announce it on social media.

Chip ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.. they didn’t pay him all that money and give him everything he wants to turn UCLA around to run him out in a few years..everyone knew it was going take a few years.. what worried people the most was last years lack of recruiting and he made a bunch of changes to that already

Back
Top Bottom