OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That **** will never get old. Hadn't watched it in a good while - had to look it up.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 3.42.11 PM.png

This title/thumbnail made me actually LOL

I guess they went 6-4 last season, the new guy they hired must be turning things around.

I have 0 knowledge of the ins and outs of Ivy Football recruiting, but I can't imagine it should be that hard to get kids that want to go to school and play football in NYC.
its not as cool as you might think. Columbia's football facilities is way off campus. I was there last week and they took us on a 25-30 minute bus ride to get there from campus. Thats a big negative selling point. And the stadium is pretty meh, for Ivy League standards.

From the Ivy League tour I took last week, it goes:

1. Princeton
2. Penn
3. Harvard
4. Yale
5. Columbia

But 1, 2, 3 are miles ahead of the others.

A lot of the kids I know who had D1-A AND Ivy offers chose the D1-A schools, especially what would be considered P5 now. Those schools were bigger and sold the "you could go pro" dream better. I'd hear "He got game" like stories of recruiting trips and it was like yeah, why the eff would you want to go to Princeton to not play on tv and have more homework?

i know of a kid that's choosing to go to UNLV instead of Yale or Harvard. To me, thats just insane.

No chance my nephew chooses a San Diego St, Oregon State, Colorado St (just giving examples) over a Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Penn.

Take the 40 year plan.

its not as cool as you might think. Columbia's football facilities is way off campus. I was there last week and they took us on a 25-30 minute bus ride to get there from campus. Thats a big negative selling point. And the stadium is pretty meh, for Ivy League standards.
Yea, it's 100 blocks away and it's garbage. Seems like they should be able to sell being in NYC better though.

Yea, it's 100 blocks away and it's garbage. Seems like they should be able to sell being in NYC better though.
NYC isn't for everyone. I know for us, we can do NYC for a couple of days but couldn't imagine living there full time. Its pure madness. We aint built for the big apple.

NYC isn't for everyone. I know for us, we can do NYC for a couple of days but couldn't imagine living there full time. Its pure madness. We aint built for the big apple.

You didn't do it right. Uptown and BK aren’t midtown Manhattan. Please tell me you didn’t go to 42nd. NYC residents don’t live the same lifestyle as tourists, especially outside major city centers.

i know of a kid that's choosing to go to UNLV instead of Yale or Harvard. To me, thats just insane.

No chance my nephew chooses a San Diego St, Oregon State, Colorado St (just giving examples) over a Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Penn.

Take the 40 year plan.

Taking the Ivy League benefit out of it, I'll never understand why kids choose dumpster fire G5's over really good FCS offers. Schools like Northern Iowa, NDSU, EWU, South Dakota St, etc., seem like much better situations than playing for the likes Kent St, BGSU, CMU, and SJSU.

It's not like your playing D3 or low D2, if your good enough the league will have no problem finding you.

Yea, being at Columbia is like being in a bubble though. Plenty of West coast kids do fine there. You're not in the same hustle and bustle. Especially as a kid on the football team.

You didn't do it right. Uptown and BK aren’t midtown Manhattan. Please tell me you didn’t go to 42nd. NYC residents don’t live the same lifestyle as tourists, especially outside major city centers.
yeah, i'm sure we didn't live like regular redidents. We stayed about 2 blocks south of Central Park. 59th street I believe?

Its just too much for me. Pedestrians don't follow the traffic lights, cars don't either. Double park everywhere. I was exhausted after 2 hours. And the little humidity we had while there. Can't imagine what it would be like in July/Aug/sept.

It was just too much for me. I LOVED that there were restaurants/bars on every block. Really liked hells kitchen. Enjoyed Ashe Ave (near Fordham). It was like a movie. Old timers sitting at tables on the street, drinking coffee. Dudes looked like old mobsters. But I wouldn't want to be there late.

I liked everything north of where we stayed.

Visited Time Square for like 30 minutes and I had to get out.

And that NY traffic is something else. Literally sat at the Lincoln Tunnel entrance for 1 hour. Didnt even go 1 mile.

NYC is wild.

yeah, i'm sure we didn't live like regular redidents. We stayed about 2 blocks south of Central Park. 59th street I believe?

Its just too much for me. Pedestrians don't follow the traffic lights, cars don't either. Double park everywhere. I was exhausted after 2 hours. And the little humidity we had while there. Can't imagine what it would be like in July/Aug/sept.

It was just too much for me. I LOVED that there were restaurants/bars on every block. Really liked hells kitchen. Enjoyed Ashe Ave (near Fordham). It was like a movie. Old timers sitting at tables on the street, drinking coffee. Dudes looked like old mobsters. But I wouldn't want to be there late.

I liked everything north of where we stayed.

Visited Time Square for like 30 minutes and I had to get out.

And that NY traffic is something else. Literally sat at the Lincoln Tunnel entrance for 1 hour. Didnt even go 1 mile.

NYC is wild.

Ditto. Interesting place to visit and bounce after a week. I’m content in the burbs, or close to the big city. 15-30 mins outside the hustle and bustle is my speed. If I need something, then it’s close enough when I need it.

Different strokes for different folks. My list of places I’d want to live permanently is short, but places I appreciate, love to visit, or want to experience is pretty expansive.

The Princeton campus is beautiful. Don't think I saw the football stadium while I was up there, but had a lot of fun there one night when I was like 20 minutes away on a work trip (Newtown, PA or some ****)

The Princeton campus is beautiful. Don't think I saw the football stadium while I was up there, but had a lot of fun there one night when I was like 20 minutes away on a work trip (Newtown, PA or some ****)
gorgeous. Can't imagine too many better than that one.

Georgia's really might be up there. I didn't see a whole lot of the campus, but I fell in love with Downtown Athens (which is just right across the street from campus). Might be one of my favorite places I've been for work.

84634e64a480b6fc56955e2794918e2c.jpg

Pepperdine isn’t too shabby.

Obviously there’s exceptions lol. The views of Malibu are nice (though the actual buildings and architecture on campus are kinda trash) but I do stand by the north east regionally.

I got granted a scholarship to Pepperdine but that dry campus and Christian fundamentalist craziness ain’t it.

Pepperdine campus is not that great. Yes its near the beach, but the buildings are whatever. Almost has that JC feel to it.

And they have no football, so there's that.

The beach isn't that cool if thats what you are use to your whole life.

Back
Top Bottom