OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

My boy is a UCLA alum and was telling me he does some weird **** where they only offer kids like 2 days each month. It's already hard enough recruiting at a tougher academic school. Seems like he's not ingratiating himself to the scene there at all.

Tougher are UCLA? Nah they just need to be eligible, still a state school.

And? Michigan and Wisconsin are public schools too. Still have tougher admissions standards than many other schools in conference.

Right for regular students, not student athletes. I’ve never heard of a football player having admissions issues. Hell Jerime Anderson was barely eligible for HS ball his jr year.

This isn’t any dig on public schools, I know you went to Ross man lol.

“If you didn't know, 8Clap8th is a gimmicky thing UCLA came up with to try to generate recruiting interest; it offers candidates on one day of the month, the 8th”

They all have offers before hand it’s just they wait to announce it on social media.

Chip ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.. they didn’t pay him all that money and give him everything he wants to turn UCLA around to run him out in a few years..everyone knew it was going take a few years.. what worried people the most was last years lack of recruiting and he made a bunch of changes to that already

@bigmike23 you would know this, what's the name of the booster that really pushed the chip hire?

Right for regular students, not student athletes. I’ve never heard of a football player having admissions issues. Hell Jerime Anderson was barely eligible for HS ball his jr year.

This isn’t any dig on public schools, I know you went to Ross man lol.
I don't care about Ross :lol:. I rep Columbia way harder anyways. Ahem.

Those schools legit can't get every kid in because of admissions. It's one of the reasons that Gary Anderson bounced from Wisky.

Those schools legit can't get every kid in because of admissions. It's one of the reasons that Gary Anderson bounced from Wisky.

My man - I’m not familiar with the other schools, I was purely referring to UCLA because I’m familiar with them and the UC system.

I wouldn’t rep Ross either :rofl::rofl:

Jk

Michigan has been a lot more lax since Jim got here admission wise. Hawkins still had to go to prep, but I don't think he was a candidate to be eligible at a lot of other schools either.

Wiscky has the highest admission standards for athletes after NW in the conference. The rationale I've heard for it is that higher ups think it's a way to strengthen the academic profile of the school, but I don't really think big academia GAF about what your starting QB's GPA is or his test scores out of HS were.

Casual CU drop. I see you dacomeup dacomeup . We catching a game at the Lions Den then grabbing a chopped cheese this fall or what?

Michigan has been a lot more lax since Jim got here admission wise. Hawkins still had to go to prep, but I don't think he was a candidate to be eligible at a lot of other schools either.

Wiscky has the highest admission standards for athletes after NW in the conference. The rationale I've heard for it is that higher ups think it's a way to strengthen the academic profile of the school, but I don't really think big academia GAF about what your starting QB's GPA is or his test scores out of HS were.

Wisconsin grads love to tell me how good their school is academically :lol: Not as bad as UGA grads though. "No, really, we're right on par with UF now!"

Wisconsin grads love to tell me how good their school is academically :lol: Not as bad as UGA grads though. "No, really, we're right on par with UF now!"

Wait UF is a better school than UGA? Didn’t know that. Just checked the public school rankings...

Whisky was 15th.

I admit I don’t know much about public schools outside of the UCs

They beat Cornell in a slug fest last fall.

I guess they went 6-4 last season, the new guy they hired must be turning things around.

I have 0 knowledge of the ins and outs of Ivy Football recruiting, but I can't imagine it should be that hard to get kids that want to go to school and play football in NYC.

I guess they went 6-4 last season, the new guy they hired must be turning things around.

I have 0 knowledge of the ins and outs of Ivy Football recruiting, but I can't imagine it should be that hard to get kids that want to go to school and play football in NYC.

Haha I don't really follow Ivy football, I was mostly joking. I used to follow Harvard and Yale a bit when I was in school but I don't care about the Ivy league. I paid more attention to Ivy league basketball. Now if you wanna talk Northeast region Ivy, ACC, NESCAC lacrosse...

A lot of the kids I know who had D1-A AND Ivy offers chose the D1-A schools, especially what would be considered P5 now. Those schools were bigger and sold the "you could go pro" dream better. I'd hear "He got game" like stories of recruiting trips and it was like yeah, why the eff would you want to go to Princeton to not play on tv and have more homework?

And dacomeup dacomeup I'm serious. Pull up and let me slander Michigan, Miami, and Cincinnati to you.

Ivy league has some entertaining ball, they just show the games in 360p. I used to watch it when I could but I don't have the time like that anymore.

Princeton's OC just went to Okie St. or something like that, right?

Ivy league has some entertaining ball, they just show the games in 360p. I used to watch it when I could but I don't have the time like that anymore.

Princeton's OC just went to Okie St. or something like that, right?

Yea, Sean Gleeson.

Gundy has said that they're still going to running the same stuff but he might just be playing coy. Gleeson did a lot of interesting stuff with RPO's and 12 personnel at Princeton.

Yea, Sean Gleeson.

Gundy has said that they're still going to running the same stuff but he might just be playing coy. Gleeson did a lot of interesting stuff with RPO's and 12 personnel at Princeton.

Is that true? I thought part of the reason he went after him (and Harrell) was because he wanted to refresh the offense?

Is that true? I thought part of the reason he went after him (and Harrell) was because he wanted to refresh the offense?

Harrell would have basically been running the same **** as before, he comes from the same tree.

It will probably be a blend, since I'm not sure if Okie St has the personnel to run a lot of two TE RN, and Gundy is probably going to want to keep a lot of those Air Raid staples intact.

If Gleeson ever gets it up and running tho, two TE sets could do a lot of damage in that conference since everyone wants to play dime now with 4 & 5 man boxes.

:lol: I'm sure this will make a lot of the posters in here feel old but Malcom Kelly is at TCU now as a outside WR coach and supposedly he's incorporated a lot of the Baylor/V&S stuff into the offense that he got from his time under lil Briles.

Back
Top Bottom