OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harbaugh 0-6 on the road as an underdog... Michigan is +3... I can’t see the offense doing enough to beat a good team.

Harbaugh 0-6 on the road as an underdog... Michigan is +3... I can’t see the offense doing enough to beat a good team.
Jim gotta go after this season. To be such a QB guru he has produced anything. I believe we need to go with a young innovative coach rather than a guy because he's a "Michigan" guy.

2 ways Harbaugh is out IMO: 1) Scandal that forces the AD hand 2) He chooses to leave

Season ticket sales and waiting lists are up... Big donors like him and so does Warde (AD).

Jim gotta go after this season. To be such a QB guru he has produced anything. I believe we need to go with a young innovative coach rather than a guy because he's a "Michigan" guy.

Who would Michigan get though? For all his faults Harbaugh is a good coach and I wouldn't recommend firing him unless you have a good candidate lined up

Who would Michigan get though? For all his faults Harbaugh is a good coach and I wouldn't recommend firing him unless you have a good candidate lined up

I have no idea... Matt Campbell seems like the hot name... Don't care who the coach is, its just frustrating to see Michigan have no idea how to adapt to 2019 football on the offensive side of the ball

2 ways Harbaugh is out IMO: 1) Scandal that forces the AD hand 2) He chooses to leave

Season ticket sales and waiting lists are up... Big donors like him and so does Warde (AD).

Harbaugh’s not gonna get hit with a scandal. Except for dirty recruiting which every school does, he’s pretty clean.

Where would he leave to? The NFL’s all young coach who knows McVay and the air raid now.

Harbaugh’s not gonna get hit with a scandal. Except for dirty recruiting which every school does, he’s pretty clean.

Where would he leave to? The NFL’s all young coach who knows McVay and the air raid now.

Agreed... So he pretty much is the guy at Michigan until he wants to stop coaching... They were talking about a lifetime contract when Warde Manuel was hired... He isn't going anywhere so there is no real point in discussing this hypothetical

Lol that sounds like more of an SC candidate

He was an SC option. He was the big name former pro coach that Cowherd kept hinting they met with :lol:

He tried to make it sound like it was Bill Cowherd.

(Jon) Harbaugh, Pete, and etc will always get calls and dinners but you know how that goes.

I’d honestly be happy with Bryan Harsin.

What’s funny about the way NCAA is acting about Bubba is that he didn’t play a game in 2018. So he’s essentially sat out an entire season AND went and got a degree from a JuCo (right?) Clay also gave him a full release. Are they trying to hold him until a year from date he officially enrolled at the JuCo?

———

Last edited:
N.Y. senator proposes bill to pay college athletes

A state senator from Brooklyn is aiming to make New York the first state to require colleges to pay student-athletes directly.

Sen. Kevin Parker proposed a bill earlier this week that would give college athletes the right to sell the rights to their own names, images and likenesses. Parker told ESPN on Wednesday that he has since added an amendment that would require college athletic departments to give a 15% share of annual revenue to student-athletes.

New York's legislative session runs from January through June. Parker said he has the support of one other senator thus far and is searching for a co-sponsor in the state assembly. He said he hopes to make his bill a high priority when the legislature reconvenes at the start of the year.

Michigan's going to lose to anyone with a pulse if they play as sloppy as they did in week 1 and 2, but assuming things like ball security and tackling have been shored up at least to a reasonable level, I think they beat Wisconsin.

It's on the road, but I'm still not seeing why Wiscy is any different of a team this year. Cephus is back, but Coan is worse than Horni IMO.

Michigan's going to lose to anyone with a pulse if they play as sloppy as they did in week 1 and 2, but assuming things like ball security and tackling have been shored up at least to a reasonable level, I think they beat Wisconsin.

It's on the road, but I'm still not seeing why Wiscy is any different of a team this year. Cephus is back, but Coan is worse than Horni IMO.

Tons of smoke that Charbonnet is out this weekend... Knee scoped for the 2nd time in 5 months... Heard that JH had a 1’s vs 1’s scrimmage during the bye week (after Army) and that’s where Charbonnet hurt his knee(he carried the ball 33 times v Army)... If true (which I completely see being probable) Jim has got no clue how to run a team in 2019.

So with these paying college player bills...would colleges have to pay players extra to include them on marketing materials as well? (e.g. pictures on season tickets, media guides, street banners, billboards, etc.) Haven't had a chance to read into CA's yet, but glad NY is immediately following suit.

And don't remember the college rules regarding dropping classes, but at this point would Alfano be able to straight up transfer if he quit going to classes or would he have to go Juco for next season? Seems a little rough essentially dropping 12-15 credits your first semester and being able to go directly to another D1...

Back
Top Bottom