OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

You can’t look at it like that. A salary of $75k after deductions (federal, state, local taxes, Medicare, Social Security taxes, SUI, paid family leave, medical/Dental, etc. ends up netting less in most cases. You have to factor in deductions.

$75k divided by 52 weeks is roughly $1400. Guess how much a single tax filers nets.

Your logic is still flawed and poorly thought through.

For one, adjusted gross income takes into account certain deductions that you magically don't want to count to support your narrative. Adjusted gross income is < Total income. It shouldn't need to be explained, but someone who makes 75K in adjusted gross income earns more than $75K in total income.

Second, you want to discount benefits like medical, dental, and paid vacation for the employed, but you don't want to acknowledge that those benefits are stripped away for the unemployed. You can't have it both ways.

And again, all unemployment income is taxed as well.

Your logic is still flawed and poorly thought through.

For one, adjusted gross income takes into account certain deductions that you magically don't want to count to support your narrative. Adjusted gross income is < Total income. It shouldn't need to be explained, but someone who makes 75K in adjusted gross income earns more than $75K in total income.

Second, you want to discount benefits like medical, dental, and paid vacation for the employed, but you don't want to acknowledge that those benefits are stripped away for the unemployed. You can't have it both ways.

And again, all unemployment income is taxed as well.

Adjusted gross income factors in deductions such as 401k, transit, flexible health plans, capital gains, etc. Net pay will continue to be the same.

Obviously, said employee has no medical since he’s unemployed. Has no bearing to this discussion. Unless you’re implying that the majority of those unemployed people are now paying premiums for private insurance which I highly doubt especially considering they would qualify for state medical insurance.

As far as federal taxes go, big difference between 12% & 22% which is where a single filer would fall into after you factor in the standard deduction.

Last edited:
There will most certainly be another round of stimulus checks plus some form of unemployment extension. Trump is looking to steal the election.

I think everyone in this thread knows its coming, just waiting to see when and how much. Just found this interesting they talked about it before their 2 week White House vacation. Didnt think it was on the table until they came back.

With Covid cases on the rise again, that unemployment stuff getting extended for sure with bars and other **** already getting shut down on states

With Covid cases on the rise again, that unemployment stuff getting extended for sure with bars and other **** already getting shut down on states

Uber requests way down to, from the message board I watch. Only hospital, airport, and dr. Trips... I'm good on all of those (normally good trips) :smh:. I hope they extend $600.00 longer, but like someone else said it earlier, too lazy to look for the quote they probably lower it to $400.00 to $450.00 extra. Who knows though if it keeps getting worse, they might just do the $600.00.

the extended UI bennies had a cost of like 260 billion... the whole thing through next month. corporations have been given over 700 billion in that same time frame and the cash stimulus payments cost over 300 billion.

the UI bennys are a litteral drop in the bucket to extend for 3 more months. you do that in CONJUCTION with a LARGER package for essential workers with backed hazard pay. its our money and in a time if need needs to go to real people. not giant too big to fail corporations. time to try trickle up economics like Mark Cuban and many other smart people have been saying. saving a business that will now have half its customers is doing nobody any favors

Helped my mom apply for the self employed pandemic unemployment, she has a daycare and hasn’t been open since March.. 11k just hit her account.. she better swing me some of that :nerd: :lol:

Helped my mom apply for the self employed pandemic unemployment, she has a daycare and hasn’t been open since March.. 11k just hit her account.. she better swing me some of that :nerd: :lol:
It went straight to her bank account?
Don’t they usually send a debit card for unemployment?

In Illinois they mail you a debit card when you first apply for unemployment
But after you create an account you can change payment to direct deposit
I changed mine right away
I ain’t messing with no debit card and fees

It's a hard pull from experian
I recommend not applying unless you want the loan
Plus like dude mentioned i don't think instant grants are being given out anymore
Some folks are applying getting hard credit pulled then getting denied the loan and not receiving the grant

Back
Top Bottom