OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

No the credit shouldn't just be tied to TurboTax users. It should be an option for everyone who received that "Status Unavailable".
Bet. I just wanted to make sure since I filed with them last year I would again since its all based off 2019 filings.

I'ma look up that FreeTaxUSA jawn

Bet. I just wanted to make sure since I filed with them last year I would again since its all based off 2019 filings.

I'ma look up that FreeTaxUSA jawn
I'm on the same boat. I want to stay with TurboTax for the convenience and the fact I've been using their service for years. But after this, I need to consider alternate options.

I'm on the same boat. I want to stay with TurboTax for the convenience and the fact I've been using their service for years. But after this, I need to consider alternate options.
I was like that when I made the switch. Turbotax is easy but they kept trying to get me to upgrade and I think back in 2019 was the first year I had too work about 401k contributions and HSA stuff to help less my tax burden.

Turbotax wanted to charge me to help with that stuff. FreeTaxUsa didn't.

I was like that when I made the switch. Turbotax is easy but they kept trying to get me to upgrade and I think back in 2019 was the first year I had too work about 401k contributions and HSA stuff to help less my tax burden.

Turbotax wanted to charge me to help with that stuff. FreeTaxUsa didn't.
Thanks, for the insight. I'll take a look at FreeTaxUSA when I receive my W2.

Another thing I failed to mention, it is meant more for simple returns. Like my situation is as complicated as they'll take on. Anything more like owning several properties or if you own a company or LLC, they don't handle that.
Yeah, my taxes are pretty straight forward. This may be good

I have nothing to do with H&R Block, didn’t file with Turbo Tax, and still have no REASON as to why some of would have to wait until we file this year. Not from the IRS website not from anywhere.

Seems shady that h&r got sent the checks as a refund transfer.

What else are they up to? They giving you back $985 instead of $1400 that you overpaid in taxes? That's all a refund basically is. You withheld too much and h&r are acting like they're doing you favors.

I hope this terrible mess up hurts their business.
No the credit shouldn't just be tied to TurboTax users. It should be an option for everyone who received that "Status Unavailable".
It's like line 30 of your 1040. They added a bunch of new crap for 2020. Just to get $600, you'll have to fill out a whole new worksheet

Regarding TT, buy the CD with digital download. Buy the right version and you won't get caught with crazy fees or add ons. The TT APP and website interface seem different than the standalone operating system. I've never had issues and got both stimulus checks

Last edited:
Who started this whole thing with people not getting one?

if you got the first one... why wouldn’t you get the second?
I think it’s just going to take
Some
Time

BD34EA86-3A00-4EFE-8735-E71EDFF86329.jpeg

Pulled up to get his stimmy check in person

I Spoke to a lady at the IRS she said if account is closed they would try to mail you a check. if you dont get it then you'll use a rebate as tax. who knows.

Some
Time
If you don’t get it by the 15th, it becomes part of your tax refund.

Some
Time
Cause the 1st one went of your 2018 taxes
this one is based of 2019 and according to report nearly 8 million people 2019 taxes still haven’t been processed.

Just got a mass email from TurboTax saying they going to get right.Must've been getting alot smoke
pachah1.png

Couple of Youtubers are claiming the IRS website tracker is NOT functioning. All the TurboTax and h&r block is what it is.

Some
Time

This^^^ only a few I know actually got it on the 1/1 most of those were SS or SSDI.
Alot started being issued on 1/4 I'm sure there's going to be waves all week for people by mail (some on YouTube have already gotten a mailed check) or DD. I was lucky (1/1 DD, filed through TurboTax, wells fargo bank, but before the first stimulus I already had filed 2019 so maybe thats the difference with me and TurboTax... people going off of 2018??? ish is weird), It sucks for people who really needed it. The whole TurboTax and HRblock thing is a whole other thing, seems like a scam to get you to file with them... I bet alot not involved with TurboTax and HRBlock will end up being cut and mailed out by the 15th, just sucks if you moved. What a mess, they kept saying how smooth the second round would be...

Back
Top Bottom