OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was hurt going into that game?
I thought you meant the hip that ended the year, my bad. I still don’t think that’s enough for me to say that this Bama squad was better. Jones came in with more talent and they lost to a much inferior Auburn team.

I thought you meant the hip that ended the year, my bad. I still don’t think that’s enough for me to say that this Bama squad was better. Jones came in with more talent and they lost to a much inferior Auburn team.

I agree with you. I just think how Tua looked in that game and during that season the gap between the two Bama teams is more narrow

Ratings are down big for all sports. There's too much real life stuff going on and people don't want the distraction of sports. Contrast this with record high cable news ratings. The real world is nuts.

20210113_065220.jpg

At the highest level, the product is as good as ever. These high scoring big games are way better than those low scoring, slugfests. Generally speaking people like more offense.

The issue with college football is that it's increasingly becoming a regional sport. Like I said earlier, there's a reason why USC versus Texas in 2005 is the highest rated college football game ever. Not only did it have huge star power, it was able to engage different parts of the country. We're effectively watching the same teams, from the same region of the country. On top of that, most of the top teams are from small rural cities.

If I'm on the West coast or up north, why would I watch a team from Alabama play a team from South Carolina, Louisiana every year?

That surprised me as well. If I remember correctly the first matchup between Ohio State and Bama was one of the highest watched games want it? I figured this One would be up there but there’s a lot of stuff going on in the world right now

That surprised me as well. If I remember correctly the first matchup between Ohio State and Bama was one of the highest watched games want it? I figured this One would be up there but there’s a lot of stuff going on in the world right now
I think it’s just a bit stale. Outside of diehards like us, it just isn’t that compelling to the average person. As good as Alabama is, they’re a pretty boring program. Saban is boring with little personality. People were swearing that we needed the distraction of sports when all this started up, so that’s a major switch from the stance that people were pushing back then as a reason to start sports back up.

I think it’s just a bit stale. Outside of diehards like us, it just isn’t that compelling to the average person. As good as Alabama is, they’re a pretty boring program. Saban is boring with little personality. People were swearing that we needed the distraction of sports when all this started up, so that’s a major switch from the stance that people were pushing back then as a reason to start sports back up.
tenor.gif

learn something new everyday

Wasn’t he a WR coach like just last year? Not surprised he’s a Republican.

As a side note, the 2nd greatest running back to play in the past 30 years is finally coming home

It’s about damn time!

Ratings are down big for all sports. There's too much real life stuff going on and people don't want the distraction of sports. Contrast this with record high cable news ratings. The real world is nuts.

20210113_065220.jpg

At the highest level, the product is as good as ever. These high scoring big games are way better than those low scoring, slugfests. Generally speaking people like more offense.

The issue with college football is that it's increasingly becoming a regional sport. Like I said earlier, there's a reason why USC versus Texas in 2005 is the highest rated college football game ever. Not only did it have huge star power, it was able to engage different parts of the country. We're effectively watching the same teams, from the same region of the country. On top of that, most of the top teams are from small rural cities.

If I'm on the West coast or up north, why would I watch a team from Alabama play a team from South Carolina, Louisiana every year?

this was probably the first time in the last 20 years, I didn’t watch any of the national championship game.

I don't see Urban working as a college coach. He's gonna have heart problems or spider cysts on his brain again within 2 years

Think Muschamp will be joining his staff, who was probably going to be Miami’s DC :frown:. Can’t deal with another year of Blake Baker

Last edited:
Think Muschamp will be joining his staff, who was probably going to be Miami’s DC :frown:. Can’t deal with another year of Blake Baker
Man I know he did a year with Miami a long time ago, but Muschamp in the NFL just seems like a ****ing disaster. Someone’s gonna hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom