OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

Sole classics app running a sale. No code needed. I didn’t pull, was just checking. I’ve bought from them before and didn’t get charged tax or shipping.
82287331-48FE-44CA-84B6-29C730BEF55C.jpeg

hey ya'll, wondering if i should i buy from either stockx or sole classics and return the one i got from NDC. the savings would be $70, but is it worth returning, going to either drop off to UPS, or go to the nike outlet to return then waiting for the credit to hit my card.

hey ya'll, wondering if i should i buy from either stockx or sole classics and return the one i got from NDC. the savings would be $70, but is it worth returning, going to either drop off to UPS, or go to the nike outlet to return then waiting for the credit to hit my card.
You gotta pay for shipping back if you send back. Gotta pay for gas to wherever your closest outlet is. I'm not saying it's not worth it. Just gotta factor the return cost in as well.

-foe

I want navy's but not at retail. Definitely waiting. Only pair im paying retail for are animals. Not chancing those.

Watch those returns my man, NIKE is doing a serious crack down

Watch those returns my man, NIKE is doing a serious crack down

Scare Tactics. You will have to be ABUSIVE for them do to what they are threatening.

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty egregious with the returns (I'd hope). Similar to Amazon...people who are crazy enough to abuse their return policy end up banned from arguably the most important commerce website in the world.

Okay, what now? i missed something because i have no clue what you guys are talking about?

granted i hardly return anything so maybe that's why i'm not up to date on this.....

Supposedly Nike is going to start cracking down on people they believe to be resellers…Banning them from buying and such…One of the ways they’ll be flushing that out is supposedly to keep track of how many returns a person has…Implying that a reseller might make a return if the product isn’t getting them a profit on the aftermarket…

It’s all conjecture though since Nike hasn’t said exactly how they’ll be weeding out the resellers…

I think $210 is crazy for these but I don't think I can risk waiting for the discount as my size 12 will probably sell out before then or sell out the second they discount them anyway. Then again, the resale is almost the same or less than the retail right now.

Sole classics app running a sale. No code needed. I didn’t pull, was just checking. I’ve bought from them before and didn’t get charged tax or shipping.
82287331-48FE-44CA-84B6-29C730BEF55C.jpeg
Need a sale like this on the USA pair.

At the same time, they will most likely fly at $150.

On vacation in the Philippines and I had to try three different Nike stores to find a pair. First pair they brought out had mad glue stains and cuts on the right shoe but luckily I was able to mix an match for the best pair. With the exchange rate I was able to cop a pair for around $180. If I catch them later on sale, I'll probably double up but the pair I hit on snkrs is definitely going back now lol.

I sized up with the originals and these are no different. I'm normally an 11 in everything but I had to buy a 12.

I think $210 is crazy for these but I don't think I can risk waiting for the discount as my size 12 will probably sell out before then or sell out the second they discount them anyway. Then again, the resale is almost the same or less than the retail right now.
Same thing for big footers. Went ahead and scooped the Maccabi's because I knew they were only gonna make a few larger sizes. Luckily, this turned out to be the best retro I've ever purchased. Quality is A1, and its darn close to the OG. Would love to scoop the blue/whites but my wallet is like...nah.

Got my pair in last night of the Navy's. Overall it's a solid retro, an 8/10, but I do have a few gripes on things I noticed different from the OG. I thought Nike did an amazing job retroing the 7 and 8 as far as the materials and overall feel, and then with the 9's (big bang) they had some big differences that were a tad disappointing. Here's what I noticed about this Navy release:

The leather is not as good as the og, specifically on the strap, the navy part of the tongue and the little navy part on the achilles. Those parts feel synthetic to me, not that great. It's not that big a deal but I remember with the OG, those parts felt SUPER premium. Most of the other white leather feels good, not as good as the og, but solid enough to where I can't really complain.

Where the LJ23 logo is on the strap, it used to be on a suede material but now it's straight felt.

Also the box is black, and while it looks identical, it doesn't have the pullstring the og's had, which idk why but when I was 11 I thought it was the coolest thing. Last thing is the lace aglets are different, much cheaper as the OG had a nice plastic on it.

Overall it still feels the same pretty much on foot. I think the sizing is more tts now but the toe is still a bit tight. You may want to go up .5 if you're very wide.

Last edited:
Got my pair in last night of the Navy's. Overall it's a solid retro, an 8/10, but I do have a few gripes on things I noticed different from the OG. I thought Nike did an amazing job retroing the 7 and 8 as far as the materials and overall feel, and then with the 9's (big bang) they had some big differences that were a tad disappointing. Here's what I noticed about this Navy release:

The leather is not as good as the og, specifically on the strap, the navy part of the tongue and the little navy part on the achilles. Those parts feel synthetic to me, not that great. It's not that big a deal but I remember with the OG, those parts felt SUPER premium. Most of the other white leather feels good, not as good as the og, but solid enough to where I can't really complain.

Where the LJ23 logo is on the strap, it used to be on a suede material but now it's straight felt.

Also the box is black, and while it looks identical, it doesn't have the pullstring the og's had, which idk why but when I was 11 I thought it was the coolest thing. Last thing is the lace aglets are different, much cheaper as the OG had a nice plastic on it.

Overall it still feels the same pretty much on foot. I think the sizing is more tts now but the toe is still a bit tight. You may want to go up .5 if you're very wide.

210 and non premium leather?

Interesting. Any comparison pics?

Nonetheless, I'm wondering if Nike went cheaper on the Navy's, since there seems to be more made?
Leather is pretty good on the Gold's to me.

PO

Interesting. Any comparison pics?

Nonetheless, I'm wondering if Nike went cheaper on the Navy's, since there seems to be more made?
Leather is pretty good on the Gold's to me.
I unfortunately do not have my OG's anymore, they started to separate and the toe and midfoot so I sold them during the pandemic. Hopefully someone on Youtube can do one. The leather on the shoe is by no means bad, I just had a higher expectation as I had the OG 3 times before the retro, so I know what they''re like.

Back
Top Bottom