Official "(500) Days of Summer" Thread

Man... I don't know why you guys are beasting so hard against this movie haha
It sounds as if it offended you or something
nerd.gif

But you can't be blaming the director, he didn't write the script.

And Jenny Beckham is a real person haha, the writers got her permission to use her name in the movie.

Ploy aside, the cartoon cutaways and other unconventional segways they did were brutal. And the music references? Forget. I counted at least five. Stop beingconcerned with being cool and tell the story.

laugh.gif
quite a lot of hate in here, anyways I enjoyed the film. It was quite well done, and I liked the acting especially by the main character.

y all the hate.. the movie was pretty decent.. but i must say.. ZOOEY DESCHANEL did make the movie.... less talk and more PICS!!!!!

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Nope. Summer was a jerk.

Not interested in a serious relationship? Don't sleep with the person that you KNOW wants a relationship with you.

Also, she didn't tell Tom about her engagement so he took another L at the party and dipped. If it'd been 6 months since they "split" then why not tell him you're seeing someone else?

Obviously it's not all her fault as Tom did some simping but Summer was an indecisive waffler. She's the type of broad that doesn't want to play by society's expectations of her then expects everyone to know this---all done because she doesn't even understand her own crackpot philosophy on life until she meets her fiance and he puts some sense into her.

Yeah, the movie upset me and I went in hoping to like it. The relationship aspect is interesting but the film was brought down by the whole "look at me, I'm quirky!"...

QFT

Just came back from watching it, I enjoyed the film.

And while Tom was a simp, Summer was a inconsiderate jerk herself
laugh.gif

King Arthur, I swear you simply don't like anything. Your Entourage bashing was cool, it had some merit and I respected your opinion. This movie wasenjoyable but I left disappointed, although I thought it was good (if that makes sense
laugh.gif
).

I could sadly relate to Tom. I think it's a very relatable movie for guys. Summer def. did Tom wrong.

My girl & I finally saw this over the weekend, I actually enjoyed it.

AKA King Arthur, which one are you?
Statler_Waldorf.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Ploy aside, the cartoon cutaways and other unconventional segways they did were brutal. And the music references? Forget. I counted at least five. Stop being concerned with being cool and tell the story.

My man... this wasn't a freaking oscar award winning film... it was a fun little romance piece, you've got to compare it to the genre it fits within.

And what's wrong with having some "coolness" in it.. there aren't many movies made for "hipsters" out there, let us enjoy this oneand all it's "cool" references.

Sorry for grave digging, but Ive been under a rock and just peeped this movie.. where in LA is that park with the bench scenes?

Originally Posted by j0hnyBlaZe

y all the hate.. the movie was pretty decent.. but i must say.. ZOOEY DESCHANEL did make the movie.... less talk and more PICS!!!!!

Actually, Joseph Gordon-Levitt made this movie. In his first main role film, he did a swell job. Zooey Deschanel is cute, but is really a one-dimensionalactress.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Actually, Joseph Gordon-Levitt made this movie. In his first main role film, he did a swell job. Zooey Deschanel is cute, but is really a one-dimensional actress.

I agree. I love Zooey, but she definitely can't be classified as a great actress.. meanwhile, I think JGL really carried this thing.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Nope. Summer was a jerk.

Not interested in a serious relationship? Don't sleep with the person that you KNOW wants a relationship with you.

Also, she didn't tell Tom about her engagement so he took another L at the party and dipped. If it'd been 6 months since they "split" then why not tell him you're seeing someone else?

Obviously it's not all her fault as Tom did some simping but Summer was an indecisive waffler. She's the type of broad that doesn't want to play by society's expectations of her then expects everyone to know this---all done because she doesn't even understand her own crackpot philosophy on life until she meets her fiance and he puts some sense into her.

Yeah, the movie upset me and I went in hoping to like it. The relationship aspect is interesting but the film was brought down by the whole "look at me, I'm quirky!"...

QFT
Word, %+!+ Summer, she really did upset me. I still like the movie though for pulling that type of emotion outta me.
laugh.gif

Late but I just recently seen the movie and I thought it was pretty damn good.

Sorry for grave digging this, but this movie was great!!

Finally saw it right now...

It's crazy how this movie didn't have a happy ending, but at the same time did.

I thought it was a nice touch with the girl autumn, but by then you have already fallen in love with summer... And. When she uses the same line that summerused About not looking hard enough, that makes it even more sucky.

But I loved the movie because I guess I can sorta compare... And yea def some quoteables in there

%+%% tried to watch this aye.. got lost as %+%%.. wasn't concentrating enough. I guess its a movie you have to watch alone maybe.

Originally Posted by I3

%+%% tried to watch this aye.. got lost as %+%%.. wasn't concentrating enough. I guess its a movie you have to watch alone maybe.
Or maybe actually paying attention to the movie. It isn't rocket science.

i love this movie, i think i have my autumn right now
but the autumn in the movie was baddd!

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Actually, Joseph Gordon-Levitt made this movie. In his first main role film, he did a swell job. Zooey Deschanel is cute, but is really a one-dimensional actress.
Nah he was the lead in Brick.

Back
Top Bottom