**Official AE86 Corolla Thread Pic/vids/stories/whatever!**

Originally Posted by unlv playacamp

I posted those because those are pics of cars that belong to people I personally know. People that actually love and appreciate and enjoy the car despite what everybody thinks. Those cars would go up against these "nice new cars" on a track any day, and 99% of the nice new cars would lose. Not knocking new cars, but once again to each man his own....

Not true. Unlike FDs, FCs, MR2s, etc., AE86s were NOT made for performance. This is why you have to tune the HELL out of one to be able to stand a chance upagainst the ones I named. Of course, the same goes for a lotta other cars, as well.

Originally Posted by Hokkaido JDM

sure says something about toyota though that something they made decades ago is still racing around, toyota quality =
pimp.gif
too bad toyota turned its back on performance vehicles. unacceptable.

I honestly think this is one of the most overrated cars of all time..Give me a miata any day of the week over and AE86..

Angel

48.jpg

Is that a Honda engine? A twin turbo little 4? Only an Asian car would be able to handle that. I hope homie knows how to handle his boost. A kid I went to HSwith tried to convince me that his '92 POS Taurus or something like that could handle some boost. Bought a POS turbo on craigslist for 300 bucks and hadhis brother put it in. That was a Friday.

On Monday he rode the bus.

EDIT:

JDMEVOIXMR: Do you have a wallpaper sized version?

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Is that a Honda engine? A twin turbo little 4? Only an Asian car would be able to handle that. I hope homie knows how to handle his boost. A kid I went to HS with tried to convince me that his '92 POS Taurus or something like that could handle some boost. Bought a POS turbo on craigslist for 300 bucks and had his brother put it in. That was a Friday.

what are you even talking about? twin turbo little 4 honda engine?
indifferent.gif
that thing will probably smoke any car you will ever buy in your life.

i love 86's...yes i guess you can say it's also from initial d. although to most of the world it might just look like a POS, i rather drive one ofthose ANY DAY than the ******ed 40" reeemz on those old crapbox american cars.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Is that a Honda engine? A twin turbo little 4? Only an Asian car would be able to handle that. I hope homie knows how to handle his boost. A kid I went to HS with tried to convince me that his '92 POS Taurus or something like that could handle some boost. Bought a POS turbo on craigslist for 300 bucks and had his brother put it in. That was a Friday.
what are you even talking about? twin turbo little 4 honda engine?
indifferent.gif
that thing will probably smoke any car you will ever buy in your life.

i love 86's...yes i guess you can say it's also from initial d. although to most of the world it might just look like a POS, i rather drive one of those ANY DAY than the ******ed 40" reeemz on those old crapbox american cars.
sick.gif

My bad. I didn't mean that in a bad/condescending way at all. I just noticed that it's a VTEC vs. Toyotas VVTi that was TT. I just meantthat it's awesome that Asian cars (more specifically Toyotas) can handle that much boost in an engine that small. I meant it in a
pimp.gif
way, not a
eyes.gif
kind of way.

Does that make sense?

^cool but yea that's the engine from S2000. very well made from stock, and it can handle a good amount of power without needing to upgrade internals...

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

^cool but yea that's the engine from S2000. very well made from stock, and it can handle a good amount of power without needing to upgrade internals...
speaking of s2000's... the powerhosue amuse s2000, mmm mmmm what a car.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I posted those because those are pics of cars that belong to people I personally know. People that actually love and appreciate and enjoy the car despite what everybody thinks. Those cars would go up against these "nice new cars" on a track any day, and 99% of the nice new cars would lose. Not knocking new cars, but once again to each man his own....

Not true. Unlike FDs, FCs, MR2s, etc., AE86s were NOT made for performance. This is why you have to tune the HELL out of one to be able to stand a chance up against the ones I named. Of course, the same goes for a lotta other cars, as well.
FC's and MR2's are just as old. What are you saying? You need to tune the HELL out of those to make them fast as well. And as far ashandling goes, the AE86 and the MR2 beat those other two.

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

unlv playacamp wrote:

Not true. Unlike FDs, FCs, MR2s, etc., AE86s were NOT made for performance. This is why you have to tune the HELL out of one to be able to stand a chance up against the ones I named. Of course, the same goes for a lotta other cars, as well.
FC's and MR2's are just as old. What are you saying? You need to tune the HELL out of those to make them fast as well. And as far as handling goes, the AE86 and the MR2 beat those other two.

Not true. Age has nothing to do with it. S30Zs are older than AE86s and those won't require much work to be able to keep up with newer cars these days. Youdon't need to tune the hell out of MR2s and FCs for them to keep up with FDs and stuffs because those were actually made for performance. AE86s, on theother hand, were not made for performance, and therefore, need A LOT of work in order to keep up with the cars I mentioned above. Why do you think this carwasn't as popular as it is now before Initial D? Because AE86s itself are really POS.

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

unlv playacamp wrote:

FC's and MR2's are just as old. What are you saying? You need to tune the HELL out of those to make them fast as well. And as far as handling goes, the AE86 and the MR2 beat those other two.

Not true. Age has nothing to do with it. S30Zs are older than AE86s and those won't require much work to be able to keep up with newer cars these days. You don't need to tune the hell out of MR2s and FCs for them to keep up with FDs and stuffs because those were actually made for performance. AE86s, on the other hand, were not made for performance, and therefore, need A LOT of work in order to keep up with the cars I mentioned above. Why do you think this car wasn't as popular as it is now before Initial D? Because AE86s itself are really POS.
I agree, but still, you have to respect what a POS is capable of, it's lightweight, RWD, and it's fun to drive, and 4AG's soundamazing
pimp.gif

Bring your S30Z, your FD, and your MR2 out to willow springs raceway end of this month and we'll see who beats who. I own a WRX as well, and without a HELLof mods the 20 some odd year old corolla is faster in the twisties, explain that.

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

unlv playacamp wrote:

Not true. Age has nothing to do with it. S30Zs are older than AE86s and those won't require much work to be able to keep up with newer cars these days. You don't need to tune the hell out of MR2s and FCs for them to keep up with FDs and stuffs because those were actually made for performance. AE86s, on the other hand, were not made for performance, and therefore, need A LOT of work in order to keep up with the cars I mentioned above. Why do you think this car wasn't as popular as it is now before Initial D? Because AE86s itself are really POS.
I agree, but still, you have to respect what a POS is capable of, it's lightweight, RWD, and it's fun to drive, and 4AG's sound amazing
pimp.gif

I like the 86, only because of the styling & what its capable of in the turns.
But its not my type of performance. Initial is still one of the best animes out of japan.

But i'd take a S2K over a 86 anyday

unlv playacamp wrote:

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

unlv playacamp wrote:

Bring your S30Z, your FD, and your MR2 out to willow springs raceway end of this month and we'll see who beats who. I own a WRX as well, and without a HELL of mods the 20 some odd year old corolla is faster in the twisties, explain that.

And tell me how much the dudes had to spend on mods in order to keep up with or beat your WRX. There's your explanation.

Stock my friend, stock AE86's. The car is lightweight and handles incredibly. Until you drive one, you probably wont understand. The car is incredibly funto drive, slow in the straight line yes, but fast in the corners. STOCK.

Someone's been watching too much Initial D...
laugh.gif

No one watches Initial D anymore. I don't even drift. I track my corolla and my wrx. If you feel you know better, then prove it, meet me at the track,bring whatever you want. Your mom's turbo volvo if you like. We'll bet the Initial D DVD's of yours.

Back
Top Bottom