Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

I didn't want to be the one to say anything lol.

You got dudes willing to spend 500 dollars on an off-white tee that will more than likely be seen as tacky in the near future than shell out on a staple piece that would be better for their wardrobe in the long run.

I said that to say this, fashion is subjective, but there's no need for individuals to talk down on the choice of brands others wish to wear.

No disrespect to those who choose not to purchase Aimé because they have other priorities in life. More often than not those individuals have more worthwhile things going on in their life that take up their funds than those of us spending foolishly on Aimé, Balenciaga, Louis, Gucci, etc.or worse, low quality fast fashion brands like H and M or Cotton-on. :lol:

-Drew
I hope my take wasn't seen as "talking down" to anyone or their personal sartorial stylings. Your money your choice. My money my choice. I'm definitely not copping (insert hypebeast brand here) tees for any amount of money because that's not my thing. I'd rather get busy with vintage/thrift/alternatives If I had to choose between Supreme, VLone, Gallery Dept. or ALD, I'm choosing ALD all day. And i'm not saying that because i think ALD is on the same level as those other brands. I say that because when i go to my local resell and consignment shops new and even used "pieces" from those brands go for retail of many ALD pieces i see. I never understand why people drop $200 on a dingy Supreme tee. If i'm spending that kind of money on clothing, I'd rather get ALD. Only thing is, I'm not spending that kind of money on clothes. I can do too many things with $400 than buy one piece of clothing with it. Even worse, i'm afraid that if i do it once, I'll do it again and again because that's what happened with buying kicks for resell. I did it once and then again, and now it's normal and i hate it :lol:! But, for me at least, i rarely pay resell for one shoe without selling or flipping something to cover or subsidize the cost. I don't have any clothing i can flip to help cover the cost or subsidize the cost of ALD or any other luxury brands.

I hope my take wasn't seen as "talking down" to anyone or their personal sartorial stylings. Your money your choice. My money my choice. I'm definitely not copping (insert hypebeast brand here) tees for any amount of money because that's not my thing. I'd rather get busy with vintage/thrift/alternatives If I had to choose between Supreme, VLone, Gallery Dept. or ALD, I'm choosing ALD all day. And i'm not saying that because i think ALD is on the same level as those other brands. I say that because when i go to my local resell and consignment shops new and even used "pieces" from those brands go for retail of many ALD pieces i see. I never understand why people drop $200 on a dingy Supreme tee. If i'm spending that kind of money on clothing, I'd rather get ALD. Only thing is, I'm not spending that kind of money on clothes. I can do too many things with $400 than buy one piece of clothing with it. Even worse, i'm afraid that if i do it once, I'll do it again and again because that's what happened with buying kicks for resell. I did it once and then again, and now it's normal and i hate it :lol:! But, for me at least, i rarely pay resell for one shoe without selling or flipping something to cover or subsidize the cost. I don't have any clothing i can flip to help cover the cost or subsidize the cost of ALD or any other luxury brands.
I enjoy seeing the stuff users like Drew, Poogie, etc pull off knowing I'm not a premium clothing kinda person usually.

No not you at all bro.
I just meant it in general.
Apologies I didn't mean to sound as if I'm singling you out, man.

-Drew

No not you at all bro.
I just meant it in general.
Apologies I didn't mean to sound as if I'm singling you out, man.

-Drew
no worries. i didn't feel singled out. i was just worried i came off sounding like a hater:lol:. guys like you are inspiration. always have been for me. it's like sampling in music.

quick story....growing up we had the knob tv's and with cable hooked up to those you only get the levels on the top knob. That gave me most local stations, public access, espn 2/xtreme, and the style channel. so one summer i got into high fashion labels as much as i did the X Games :rofl:. So we didn't have that kind of cash so whenever i did get money i would try to emulate the feeling that i got from those high end fashion shows or stuff i saw in my uncles GQ and Esquire and Essence magazines. The older i got and the more discretionary cash i had the more i could experiment. so now, even when i can afford the higher end item, i like the challenge of trying to replicate that feeling/vibe/look without breaking the bank or cheating and getting fake gear. So when i see guys like yall its always respect at least and inspiration at most. Especially since alot of sneakerheads lack style. We focus on the shoes too much sometimes. I'm not saying we should be like Andre 3000 out here but, at least understand fit and proportion and what tones/brands work for you and your style, lifestyle and budget.

French terry is just ok imo. It's been used a lot in the past decade as buzzwords to signify quality but literally every brand from GAP to Uniqlo to something higher end would use it. Obviously there's varying degrees of quality depending on the brand but I wouldnt infer that something is quality because it has french terry listed.

Also, I don't understand brands that make hoodies with the drawstring holes but without drawstring.

ALD does this too for uniform 2 which really annoys me. Either have it made without the holes or just add the drawstring.

French terry is just ok imo. It's been used a lot in the past decade as buzzwords to signify quality but literally every brand from GAP to Uniqlo to something higher end would use it. Obviously there's varying degrees of quality depending on the brand but I wouldnt infer that something is quality because it has french terry listed.

Also, I don't understand brands that make hoodies with the drawstring holes but without drawstring.

ALD does this too for Uniform 2 which really annoys me. Either have it made without the holes or just add the drawstring.
My feeling is that the company that provides the materials for Uniform 2 also supplies (makes?) Les Tien. There’s another company I’m checking out that may be supplying for Uniform I.

I really like ALD’s fall/winter collections. Especially the sweaters and fleeces.

I live vicariously through y’all cause I can’t justify their prices right now though.

no worries. i didn't feel singled out. i was just worried i came off sounding like a hater:lol:. guys like you are inspiration. always have been for me. it's like sampling in music.

quick story....growing up we had the knob tv's and with cable hooked up to those you only get the levels on the top knob. That gave me most local stations, public access, espn 2/xtreme, and the style channel. so one summer i got into high fashion labels as much as i did the X Games :rofl:. So we didn't have that kind of cash so whenever i did get money i would try to emulate the feeling that i got from those high end fashion shows or stuff i saw in my uncles GQ and Esquire and Essence magazines. The older i got and the more discretionary cash i had the more i could experiment. so now, even when i can afford the higher end item, i like the challenge of trying to replicate that feeling/vibe/look without breaking the bank or cheating and getting fake gear. So when i see guys like yall its always respect at least and inspiration at most. Especially since alot of sneakerheads lack style.

We focus on the shoes too much sometimes. I'm not saying we should be like Andre 3000 out here but, at least understand fit and proportion and what tones/brands work for you and your style, lifestyle and budget.

Quote all for truth brother. 💯

-Drew

quick story....growing up we had the knob tv's and with cable hooked up to those you only get the levels on the top knob. That gave me most local stations, public access, espn 2/xtreme, and the style channel. so one summer i got into high fashion labels as much as i did the X Games :rofl:. So we didn't have that kind of cash so whenever i did get money i would try to emulate the feeling that i got from those high end fashion shows or stuff i saw in my uncles GQ and Esquire and Essence magazines. The older i got and the more discretionary cash i had the more i could experiment. so now, even when i can afford the higher end item, i like the challenge of trying to replicate that feeling/vibe/look without breaking the bank or cheating and getting fake gear. So when i see guys like yall its always respect at least and inspiration at most. Especially since alot of sneakerheads lack style. We focus on the shoes too much sometimes. I'm not saying we should be like Andre 3000 out here but, at least understand fit and proportion and what tones/brands work for you and your style, lifestyle and budget.
I have a similar approach except a bit in reverse. I actually look at everyday people for inspiration more than I do high fashion or celebs then look for brands that take the quality up a notch. All fashion is just curation. Very few labels create anything. The worst ones straight copy and the best ones take existing pieces and styles and bless them with improved cuts and materials and style them in new ways. ALD is one of the best right now. But I agree they are out of my price range for essentials. I will pick up key staples and statement pieces here and there.

Just checked the site again and was reminded how overpriced this french sounding but from Queens premium Jcrew brand is. Dont get me wrong I like 95% of the stuff they put out but what Teddy thinking with these prices damn. :lol:
Plenty of other menswear brands w/the same/better quality for half the price of what ALD offers. ALD can charge whatever they want bc they got sneakerheads by the balls with their moodboard IG and french sounding name lol

Plenty of other menswear brands w/the same/better quality for half the price of what ALD offers. ALD can charge whatever they want bc they got sneakerheads by the balls with their moodboard IG and french sounding name lol

Hell nah, only ALD “sneakerheads” are wearing are the fitteds and the 550’s cauae everything else too damn expensive for what it is. :lol:

Love mine :pimp:

7EDA2727-4339-4A53-B0A0-F78C19B234A7.jpeg

Paying resell/markup for a “limited” sneaker that’s going to potentially crumble on you isn’t better then a nice article of clothing that will last. Everyone on niketalk is paying for things that are excessive and overpriced. ALD clothing isn’t any different .

I enjoy ALD a lot. The 550s definitely brought awareness to a lot of weirdos it looks like in here. No need to post hate and slander, just keep it moving.

It was a completely different landscape to a few years back, bro smh. :lol:

A lot of the Off White, Supreme, FOG, Balenciaga crowd got tired of their lane lol.

-Drew

I enjoy ALD a lot. The 550s definitely brought awareness to a lot of weirdos it looks like in here. No need to post hate and slander, just keep it moving.

Dear lord, not the “I been on ALD before it got poppin” notion. No ones hating on anything except the prices and we can all agree, its a pricey brand and this is coming from someone who worked at Barneys. We used to actually carry ALD, it was alot better with a discount thats for sure.

C5683F62-3113-4FE3-A04A-370892F699F2.jpeg

Scooped up this coach jacket a couple years ago. I think the retail was $325? Got it half off, much better at $170.

Paying resell/markup for a “limited” sneaker that’s going to potentially crumble on you isn’t better then a nice article of clothing that will last. Everyone on niketalk is paying for things that are excessive and overpriced. ALD clothing isn’t any different .
i get your point but it's quite a bit different. The price points are very different. I get better bang for my buck buying vintage and thrifted items from brands that people have forgotten about back when building a quality garment was something you just did because you were supposed to. Now with fast fashion and technology anybody can start a clothing line and most consumers have no idea what the hallmarks of a well made garment is. So clothes aren't made as well anymore. That's a big reason why ALD and similar brands shine. Its far from the only reason but, its a big reason. But, with sneakers the barrier for entry is much lower, even at resell, which is why you have way more people doing that than buying from quality luxury clothiers like ALD.

Back
Top Bottom