Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

thankful i hit on the grays…
509782BF-98F6-45B2-AF9B-AB923B55A3D2.jpeg

9323DFB4-0813-460B-8C8D-D0E78E7A891A.jpeg

love the gorgeous greens…
but these grays are something else indeed.lol

Man if we’re talking old school Aime, first cop was back in 2016ish. Got 3 hoodies, 3 sweatpants, and a pair of sweatshorts in a mix of terry and slub cotton with the old gold logo stitching. All made in Canada and got each piece for like $30 from East Dane.

Loved all the stuff and placed another order for the old nubuck Q14s for $55.

Wild that I got all of that for the price of a hoodie after tax and shipping nowadays.

Damn all this talk about this brand, on who should rock and not 😂, meanwhile I only buy the hats because they low profile style with grey underbrim. Since new era refuse to do that combo themselves 🤦🏾‍♂️. Once this brand stop offering this option, I’m gone :lol:.

Damn all this talk about this brand, on who should rock and not 😂, meanwhile I only buy the hats because they low profile style with grey underbrim. Since new era refuse to do that combo themselves 🤦🏾‍♂️. Once this brand stop offering this option, I’m gone :lol:.

Kith did this as well. I got a dusty pink low profile with grey underbrim. Shoudve gotten more colors, hate that Kith tag on the back though cause it looks like something you “should” cut off. They shoudda either had it plain or Kith stitched.

meh. buy what you like folks. too many people writing theories and campaigns bout what other people should rock.
i agree. definitely buy what you like. But, i don't think that's what this has been about. I think everyone here "likes" ALD. Just some people either can't afford it or can afford it but aren't willing to pay the prices. i think price is important. its a barrier. sometimes a necessary barrier. Not everyone should be able to buy ALD. That's not why they exist. It's not ALD's job to be affordable. They never promised us affordability. They promised a certain degree of authenticity, quality, and aesthetic. And they deliver on that promise from what i can see. Back to your original point, it's up to me to determine if the promise is worth the payment. but, yeah, short story long, blah blah blah buy what you like :rofl:

i agree. definitely buy what you like. But, i don't think that's what this has been about. I think everyone here "likes" ALD. Just some people either can't afford it or can afford it but aren't willing to pay the prices. i think price is important. its a barrier. sometimes a necessary barrier. Not everyone should be able to buy ALD. That's not why they exist. It's not ALD's job to be affordable. They never promised us affordability. They promised a certain degree of authenticity, quality, and aesthetic. And they deliver on that promise from what i can see. Back to your original point, it's up to me to determine if the promise is worth the payment. but, yeah, short story long, blah blah blah buy what you like :rofl:

Well said too, brother. 💯

-Drew

Correct, was only complaining about prices. We can complain about gas prices, designer clothes prices, hell I got this trash bubbletea for $8 earlier. In all seriousness it wasnt even a serious complaint though damn. :lol: But like you said, if you want it enough/like it enough it doesnt matter what it cost (to an extent). And no its not their job to be affordable, its to be a quality stylish product. Doesnt mean I cant say damn when I see sweats for $185-$230. Then again, im looking at a Bottega bomber thats 2 racks and change so I mean, depends really what you want and how much youre willing to drop for said product.

Correct, was only complaining about prices. We can complain about gas prices, designer clothes prices, hell I got this trash bubbletea for $8 earlier. In all seriousness it wasnt even a serious complaint though damn. :lol: But like you said, if you want it enough/like it enough it doesnt matter what it cost (to an extent). And no its not their job to be affordable, its to be a quality stylish product. Doesnt mean I cant say damn when I see sweats for $185-$230. Then again, im looking at a Bottega bomber thats 2 racks and change so I mean, depends really what you want and how much youre willing to drop for said product.
Wanna talk about pricing i don't understand....bubble tea is gross. My niece loves anime and drinks bubble tea like she'll wake up looking like Sailor Moon if she drinks enough of it :lol: . value is subjective so Bottegas for you, ALD for them, rare vinyl records for me.

In an ALD shipping update.....ALD greys are supposed to touch down today. It's been a long time coming.....although not really. I checked my email and saw my receipt for the green/yellow ALD 550s and the timing for those are about the same as these.

Wanna talk about pricing i don't understand....bubble tea is gross. My niece loves anime and drinks bubble tea like she'll wake up looking like Sailor Moon if she drinks enough of it :lol: . value is subjective so Bottegas for you, ALD for them, rare vinyl records for me.

In an ALD shipping update.....ALD greys are supposed to touch down today. It's been a long time coming.....although not really. I checked my email and saw my receipt for the green/yellow ALD 550s and the timing for those are about the same as these.

:lol: at the niece

Stil unfulfilled for my gray pair but trying to be patient. My ex was into the vinyl thing too, had me in a store in Montauk for like an hour while she was combing through everything. But yeah, different strokes, and its not like im not gonna complain about the Bottega jacket price either cause no way that nylon *** bomber should cost that much but I think ive done enough complaining in this topic. :lol:

:lol: at the niece

Stil unfulfilled for my gray pair but trying to be patient. My ex was into the vinyl thing too, had me in a store in Montauk for like an hour while she was combing through everything. But yeah, different strokes, and its not like im not gonna complain about the Bottega jacket price either cause no way that nylon *** bomber should cost that much but I think ive done enough complaining in this topic. :lol:
Yeah, just keep being patient. That's all we can do lol. UPS just dropped mine off minutes ago. Will probably rock them to the record store this weekend ironically. Could spend a whole day in that place if i could.

and yes, we've beat the ALD pricing horse to death. we can definitely move on.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Woolrich and ALD cook up. Woolrich is one of my favorite brands to thrift/vintage shop for. I've been grabbing vintage Woolrich since before I even knew exactly what it was. It was just always the best piece at the thrift whenever i could find it.

Yeah, just keep being patient. That's all we can do lol. UPS just dropped mine off minutes ago. Will probably rock them to the record store this weekend ironically. Could spend a whole day in that place if i could.

and yes, we've beat the ALD pricing horse to death. we can definitely move on.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Woolrich and ALD cook up. Woolrich is one of my favorite brands to thrift/vintage shop for. I've been grabbing vintage Woolrich since before I even knew exactly what it was. It was just always the best piece at the thrift whenever i could find it.
I got a Woolrich flannel for $55 in 2016. Same shirt is $145 now. I’m stocking up on LL Bean before the collab hype hits them too.

90398D2B-EA50-4B4F-9268-4BCAEEEFF9C5.jpeg

The old Woolrich ALD puffer was fire. If they have something similar I might be all in on it. I have a friend I could ask a favor for with ALD but only using it on rare instances. Might have to if…

Back
Top Bottom