• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
That Cotton tongue >>>>>

Maybe not true to OG, but it's one of the great things that makes the Royals so comfy and nice.

Picked these up yesterday from a local spot for 85...not too bad...definitely an under rated colorway.

Last edited:

Picked these up yesterday from a local spot for 85...not too bad...definitely an under rated colorway.

Nice pick up! I got election day 1's almost 4 months after release from a local shop (the only sore with them in the state)...they had web written on the box and they said they found them in a pile while checking inventory.

I looked for a long time as I was out of town on release day but I got a pair for 190 shipped off the bay I asked every seller for straight PayPal on every legit pair I saw for about a month until somebody accepted
That's a good price for em I'm gonna have to get back on the bay and start looking for them

Nice pick up! I got election day 1's almost 4 months after release from a local shop (the only sore with them in the state)...they had web written on the box and they said they found them in a pile while checking inventory.

that too is another under rated colorway and a good pick up for you!

That Cotton tongue >>>>>

Maybe not true to OG, but it's one of the great things that makes the Royals so comfy and nice.

Black Toes should've had a cotton tongue, and Royals should've had a parachute tongue. Not a big deal anyhow.

I really do wonder why the royals got the "all out" treatment with the lining and the tongue and the rest of the OG 1's didn't. Do the black/gold have the same lining as the royals?

Black Toes should've had a cotton tongue, and Royals should've had a parachute tongue. Not a big deal anyhow.
Really? Is that the more true to OG way fam?

I really do wonder why the royals got the "all out" treatment with the lining and the tongue and the rest of the OG 1's didn't. Do the black/gold have the same lining as the royals?
Knicks also had same treatment as Royals. Black and golds have a black liner like the Black and Reds (I.e. Not as nice quality as the royals). But I remember production issues being a problem with the royals and after that it was switched to a different liner. Or maybe JB just tried finding a cheaper way to make these 1's

Naw, but Knicks have the same lining and cotton tongue.

That would be nylon fam. For the 2013s
cool thanks but would that material actually yellow over time? I know airthompson airthompson said that cotton was used on OGs with the white tongues

White parachute tongues do indeed yellow overtime. That's why Id had much rather them use cotton on the Black Toes this year. Check out 94 Chicagos, CDP, or any other white parachute tongue Jordan. They're usually yellow, but there's procedures to make them white again.

Knicks are the most comfortable 1s I've put on my feet this year. 

Followed by the Shadows, Black Toes, and Chicagos.

I have not tried on the Royals, yet. Wifey and I are gonna do a photo shoot downtown NYC with those...

Can't speak to another pair, because I have not worn 'em. 

Those Royals though, 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom